Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
2021 - Set attendance record at Music City Bowl
2019 - Highest attendance for Gator Bowl/Taxslayer Bowl since 2010
2016 - 4th highest attendance at Music City Bowl
2014 - Highest attendance for a Friday Taxslayer bowl since 2009 (largest attendance for Iowa in a bowl game other than 2015 Rose Bowl)
2010 - 2nd Highest attendance for Music City Bowl

To be so bad the last decade our fans are still there to support at bowl games.

if you only had 5 spots, what positions are you prioritizing

Defensive backs: I don't care which position but they ALL must be tall, fast and not afraid of man coverage but enjoy it....and they must be able to hit somebody and not try rolling them up or arm tackle.

Linebacker: fast, tough, able to cover over the middle and they must be able to tackle....not arm tackle.

Edge Rusher: Rangy, quick with a nose for the ball.

Offensive Line: Quick, strong, tough.

Defensive backs:........see above.

Reactions: Beagle Bill
And, I would bet you would have bet, 3 to 6 months ago, Alabama would destroy us.

Also, if a chance at 11-2 (2 of those 11 wins being Bama and Florida), and a chance at a major Bowl, and a chance to finish the season ranked inside the Top 10; all firsts in well over a decade...if that's NOT a fantastic season to you, after ALLLLL we have been through for going on 20 years...just 2 yrs removed from 3-7, with an offense that was scoring for Kentucky, and the beginning of an NCAA investigation...just 2 yrs into a tenure MOST were not that excited about whenever it was announced...if that's not a fantastic season to you, I will bet that you're the type of person that a gift of a million dollars, is a kick to the nuts because it's not two million.

With all due respect.
Agree with you 100%. I thought 8-4 at the beginning of our season would be progress. 9-3 would be fantastic and anything better gold! It's just the way we lost that last game with everything on the line.... it hurt. Go Vols! Let's kick Vandy's azz.

48... UT Grad 97

This was a divisive loss. People will continue to feel how they feel, and IDT those who feel one way are going to agree with those who feel another. The Vols have the opportunity to end the season on a high note or a low note-- that's the controllable.
That doesn’t give me the warm fuzzies for this weekend. I’ll go ahead and brace for another nut-kick performance.

I don't think I will ever get over my anger at Tim Banks, and I will always doubt him from here on out...there is nothing wrong with that.
Here is how I feel about Tim Banks….. we were 3-7 just two years ago and had 30 players leave the program including our best linebacker and our best young DB.

Heup reached out to several d/cs and nobody wanted this challenge… we were severely lacking in talent and had an NCAA investigation hanging over our heads… it had also been years since we had been really successful. We were even turned down by linebacker coach Al Washington who was fired shortly after..

Tim Banks accepted the challenge and for the most part has done better than I thought… I thought we would look more like the 2012 defense which last night we did… if Heup decides to move on then I 100% support that decision… Personally, I would like to see if Banks can continue to grow as our talent grows…. We have the best DB class in years coming in this season, imo. We have a good start in Beasley for next year as well.

That doesn’t give me the warm fuzzies for this weekend. I’ll go ahead and brace for another nut-kick performance.
I wanna say, "c'mon it's Vandy, get a hold of yourself". . . but man, Vandy is playing their best & we're without our all-star QB and a defense that looks great 1 week and non-existent the next.

Vols 41
Vandy 27

Here is how I feel about Tim Banks….. we were 3-7 just two years ago and had 30 players leave the program including our best linebacker and our best young DB.

Heup reached out to several d/cs and nobody wanted this challenge… we were severely lacking in talent and had an NCAA investigation hanging over our heads… it had also been years since we had been really successful. We were even turned down by linebacker coach Al Washington who was fired shortly after..

Tim Banks accepted the challenge and for the most part has done better than I thought… I thought we would look more like the 2012 defense which last night we did… if Heup decides to move on then I 100% support that decision… Personally, I would like to see if Banks can continue to grow as our talent grows…. We have the best DB class in years coming in this season, imo. We have a good start in Beasley for next year as well.
Please don't tell me I was sleep walking the entire week and we played again last night! If we played like we did against USC, maybe it's for the best.

Speaking of sleep-walking, that probably best describes how we played against USC. . . coaches & players. The coaches shouldve found a way to get our players' heads right going in. They get paid millions and part of the reason is their ability to identify problems and address them. No excuse for not having the defense awake and ready. . . then the play calls on defense, mother of God. The coaches had to be asleep at the wheel. I'm a little surprised Heup didn't start calling plays on d or Garner didn't speak up and try to get some change in-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back