Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
So mcmurphy saying that’s way it stands now with lsu and bama orange and sugar bowl respectively.. umm when lsu loses to Georgia won’t we move up a bowl w 2 losses if we beat vandy? And lsu has 3 after next Saturday
LSU will still lobby for Sugar and promise to sell a lot of tickets to locals. Depends on the bowl obviously, but my guess is Sankey would push for LSU

One thing that really influences how teams perform is confidence. The offense had had confidence all year until lately. While they didn't play terribly bad they weren't on their normal game. Add to that we've lost our QB, the leader of the offense. The confidence has to have taken a hit, to what degree I guess we'll see Saturday.

As to the defense, how do you gain your confidence back after the total annihilation that they experienced Saturday. It was a beat down of epic proportion. First couple of first downs allowed and does the defense, yet again let the doubts creep in and fold up the tents?

We have an offense that most likely will take a step back. That means the defense will have to be expected to carry an even greater load. Not sure if that's possible.
I dont think it will take a step back at all. I believe Milton is more talented that Hooker. The coaching staff thought the same thing last season. Hooker took the job and never gave it back after Miltons injury. This will be a coming out party for Milton saturday. He will throw for 450 and 5 tds rush for 80 with another TD. He will win the Heisman next season.

This is setting up to be like the 97 and 98 seasons. Peyton got us close like Hooker. Tee took us over the top like i believe Milton will do.

One thing that really influences how teams perform is confidence. The offense had had confidence all year until lately. While they didn't play terribly bad they weren't on their normal game. Add to that we've lost our QB, the leader of the offense. The confidence has to have taken a hit, to what degree I guess we'll see Saturday.

As to the defense, how do you gain your confidence back after the total annihilation that they experienced Saturday. It was a beat down of epic proportion. First couple of first downs allowed and does the defense, yet again let the doubts creep in and fold up the tents?

We have an offense that most likely will take a step back. That means the defense will have to be expected to carry an even greater load. Not sure if that's possible.

Why they play the games! Really hope they show up big! Milton's been giving the keys to the sports car. Hope he drives it like he stole it!

I dont think it will take a step back at all. I believe Milton is more talented that Hooker. The coaching staff thought the same thing last season. Hooker took the job and never gave it back. This will be a coming out party for Milton saturday. He will throw for 450 and 5 tds rush for 80 with another TD. He will win the Heisman next season.

This is setting up to be like the 97 and 98 seasons. Peyton got us close like Hooker. Tee took us over the top like i believe Milton will do.
I don't think it has to do with talent it has to do with game reps. It has to do with timing with receivers. That offense was a fine oiled machine. I don't think you can simply plug in another QB and it run as it did before regardless of the talent of the replacement.

In the past? Yes..this year? Not at all
get-out-get-outta-here.gif

I am quite a few pages behind, but I was planning on posting something very similar. If anyone had told us at the beginning of the year that we would not only claw our way into the top 10 in year 2 of the Heupel reign, but that we would actually even be ranked number 1 in the initial CFP poll, we would have said that they were crazy. If anyone had told us at the beginning of the year that we would beat Pitt, Florida, Bama, and LSU along with blowing out KY and Mizzou while losing road games to UGA and Scar with a chance to finish the season at 10-2, we would have told them that they had lost their minds. The whole team played like a big ole pile of hot garbage on Saturday and it was obvious that their heads weren't in the game at all. However, the defense that got torched also held up an offense the struggled in the Pitt game and gave us a chance to get the W. That defense stifled LSU all game long and let the offense operate from exactly the position that they operate best from. That defense has gotten key stops in pivotal moments of games all year long and have done so with a huge deficit of talent. I am not giving anybody a pass and serious conversations need to be had about whether we have the right people in the right spots, but crapping all over a team that has given us a season that we never even truly dreamed was possible at this point in Heup's tenure is a slap in the face to everything that they accomplished this year. Feel free to do just that if you want, but I for one refuse to diminish their accomplishments and all the hard work and dedication that they have poured into this team. I was able to be in Neyland when we beat both Florida and Bama and I will be forever grateful for the opportunity to see those amazing games. Those players and coaches made that possible and I will never crap on them because they all deserve better.
1669175047787.gif

LSU will still lobby for Sugar and promise to sell a lot of tickets to locals. Depends on the bowl obviously, but my guess is Sankey would push for LSU
Sankey will lobby for Bama or LSU but the Vols would sell it out and have a bigger TV market. Also, as a matter of fact, a lot of people in NOLA like out-of-state teams better because they stay longer and spend more because the locale is more exotic to them and not an hour or two's drive away.

What happens when….

TCU loses next 2
LSU gets beat by GA
Clemson loses one of next two
Oregon loses to Oregon st
USC loses next 2

UGA, OSU, Michigan, and either Bama or UT……

It (technically) could still happen
That assumes we beat Vandy. Everything right down to the weather points to a Vandy win. I don't wager but if I did, I'd put money on VU Saturday.

No
I just hated them and they resembled Clemson too much
White helmet with the orange power T is the best followed by the grey helmet
Didn’t like the all black helmet but did like the helmet we used last year with the black unis
Those all black unis were freaking beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back