Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this is true! Truly felt the refs last night were controlling the narrative. We played BAD, but the refs performed equally as bad imo.

The offensive PI not called was a million times more blatant than the one called against us last night. The one called against us was very weak IMO.

The Vanderbilt game will say a lot about both the player leadership and the coaching staff’s leadership. Will the senior leadership and coaches be able to pull the locker room together again and rebound after the loss and address the rumors or will things continue to get worse. If we lose to Vanderbilt then you would have to really question the coaching staff’s leadership

I mean there are still selfish dude’s on this team. Tyler Baron was in the portal last year and the rumor then was he wanted more NIL money.

The smart guys have to realize NIL is just available, but ya gotta hustle on your own to get it. The real money is getting to the NFL.
Money brings out greed faster than anything. What's in the heart of a person will finally come out. Bad or good. I was waiting on the effects of NIL to happen. Always going to be someone who feels they are worth more than they really are.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
We don’t have to recruit like UGA and Bama to beat SC, give me a break.

Don’t disagree, but if we want to beat GA and Bama every year we absolutely will have to. The USC loss is inexcusable but these games happen, for whatever reason. I’m simply saying if we want playoff hopes on a consistent basis it goes through them. This was a Cinderella season where the stars aligned, but here we are. It’s rare that we lose to USC, buts it’s also rare we beat Bama, GA, and FLA.

The point was Clemson doesn’t have this problem so I don’t think the early Dabo years are a good comparison for us.

That is what gives me pause about the whole rumor. Banks is like two games from if not getting drafted, then at least getting a shot at the NFL. How the **** are you caring THAT much about NIL discrepancy with two games left during a championship run? Seems a little suspect tbh.

Banks has never been the sharpest tool in the shed and has always been a hothead. He has been one of my favorite players with a good redemption story and i always cheered him for it. But if he is the root of all this... F*** him for not learning anything and takin what he's been given for granted. Fool me once, not twice.

The offensive PI not called was a million times more blatant than the one called against us last night. The one called against us was very weak IMO.

It’s funny to me how DB’s can put hands on a receiver without a call, but receivers can bump into a DB with a call. It’s a flaw in the interpretation of the rules. Hyatt got held or knocked off his route 20 yards downfield. There is no illegal contact in college, but that is a penalty.

It is a beautiful Sunday morning. God is still good and still fully capable of meeting your every need. Last night sucked, but the things that are most important are still the things that are most important. (And UT's record isn't on that list.)
God when I ask for a non-stressful couple of games to close out the regular season: download (47).jpeg

Don’t disagree, but if we want to beat GA and Bama every year we absolutely will have to. The USC loss is inexcusable but these games happen, for whatever reason. I’m simply saying if we want playoff hopes on a consistent basis it goes through them. This was a Cinderella season where the stars aligned, but here we are. It’s rare that we lose to USC, buts it’s also rare we beat Bama, GA, and FLA.

The point was Clemson doesn’t have this problem so I don’t think the early Dabo years are a good comparison for us.
They beat Bama with those same type of classes…. At Tennessee it has to be a growing process bc our recruiting base is not that strong.

Sunday morning thoughts:

Still damn proud of this teamGotta get better talent on D, and a better scheme. My take is Heupel does not strike me as someone who likes losing. I think we’ll see him make the necessary changes in the portal and on the staff.

I’m absolutely gutted for Hooker. That has to be the most heartbreaking injury I have ever seen in real time. Dammit dammit dammit.

Ready to beat the hell out of Candy.

Go USA!!! I. Believe. That. We. Will. Win.

Money brings out greed faster than anything. What's in the heart of a person will finally come out. Bad or good. I was waiting on the effects of NIL to happen. Always going to be someone who feels they are worth more than they really are.

It’s ironic that they wanted to be paid and now that the real world has hit some of them, they get upset. Reality check-it’s the way the world revolves. Exactly what happens on an NFL roster.

Before I get out of here for church, I wanted to comment on this. I agree 100%, plus add a few more players.

The personnel choices are embarrassingly dumb sometimes. Everybody should know by now that the best DT combo is Big O and Terry. Last night they made two big plays back to back, and then were rewarded by being subbed out of the game on third down. Got the next series off as well. USCe made huge gains when they were out of the game all night.

Everybody should know by now that Mitchell is one of the worst LBs to ever wear our uni. So if Banks is out at least play Herring with Beasley. He's the starter, or should be, for Banks next season. A little common sense would help.

McDonald was the only D-back that came anywhere near handling his position last night. So there's a starter going forward. Flowers handles the alignments in the coverages, so there's #2. Move on from the other incompetents at corner and nickel. Play walk-ons if you need to.

Also - the trail technique for D-backs has never worked at Tennessee. So don't hire coaches that teach it unless you recruit players who can do it well. Which they obviously don't. Along with calling zone coverages, which they also have handled awful all season.

Don't hire coaches who cannot recruit and develop players on D to line up correctly or who do not attack the ball. It's on their tape from HS, juco, college transfers, etc.
Yes! We were better with Slaughter at safety. But Martinez loves to play upperclassmen. I would play the walk on and Charles at DB unless Turnage is ok. I hate practice warriors, I only care about what happens under the lights and Turnage has played well since being allowed to play. Haddon continuing to play being awful was dreadful to watch. And Bumphus gives his all, but he is too slow. Put Pearce and Joseph in to bring some pressure with Young. Omari and Terry needed to play way more. The small packages with Baron and Eason weren’t working so stop forcing them. And Mitchell playing all night wa awful. He is terrible and a waste of space on the field. Let Herring play, he has played well all year when given the chance. I’m just at a loss of words for our defensive coaches decisions with personnel all year and not making any real changes. Only person who has their unit playing well (except for last night) is Garner. Every other group has not play well.

I agree with most of the article…. The only part I question is that I hope this isn’t just a lucky season…. I’m hoping this is the start of building a dominant program…. I want to to move into the top tier of SEC teams year after year.
Yeah, how do you luck your way through UF, UA, LSU, and even Pitt.

Would highly recommend listening to DM’s Big Orange show. He states talent is the issue on defense, especially speed, but also states coaching is also an issue (example of the number of times we have lost containment this season). Called out several players (5 and 2) which he typically doesn’t do. Also called out Brooks. Basically said rumors about Banks are true. Said it was a coaches decision and couldn’t go more in depth. Also calling out fans who say “we need to fire x coach”. A good listen.

Do you still look at giving Heupel the same raise as you did before this loss?
See this is the thing. One week we have posters saying to pay Heupel 10 million and lock him up for a decade. Next week he sucks. I hope none of the pendulum posters manage people at work. Let them keep that emotional taint in their households.

Did that really happen ? I got up, the Sun is shining, people are stirring around, birds are flying, I'm reading a few a few post and apparently it did. Just another day in the life of a Vol fan I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back