Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tua had tightrope surgery twice for two different high ankle sprains. The first one was at the end of the 2018 season and he played in his next game which happened to be 28 days later. The second one he received against Tennessee and he started against against Joe Burrow and LSU exactly 21 days (minus a few hours) later. In 2019 Alabama actually had a bye week 2 weeks after the injury, so we don't even know what his availability was prior to 21 days.

You replied to a comment I was making referencing the other surgery that took 4 weeks. I was unaware he had a 2nd surgery that's great for Tua, comes back too soon and has one of his worst completion % nights of his career and they still lose to LSU, but put up 3 TDs in the 4th to make it look like more of a game.

2-3 weeks isn't "typical" for the recovery for this type of surgery...Tua rushing back one time right at 3 weeks doesn't change the average. He's the exception.

Tillman doesn't play QB though so regardless of how quickly Tua recovered from his first or second surgery it's not likely Tillman plays Saturday.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I’ll start off by admitting I’m a old person (STFU @Weezer, @InVOLuntary , @drvenner , etc to whom I missed). I recently got the IPhone 13 and can’t post gifs. Never had that problem with my 8. Can any of you help a frail older woman? TIA. There’s a lot of Kiss my a$$ gifs I need to post to the above. It’s for the good of all us.

You said Kiss..so expect an Ace Peavy response.

I think they will need to commit to being agressive on 4th down like Florida did. I wonder if Kelly is willing to do that. He may trust his defense more than Napier did tho.
I think having Emory helps with some of those decisions. And it's not like we stopped Florida on 4th down... So it may just be a matter of 'prove you can stop us'there...

All that said I do think down/distance and field position will play in to those decisions some.

Last edited:
O6.5 1st qtr is only @ -190 odds for UT. Was hoping it'd be better. May take o7.5 1st qtr @ +135. I think we will score 10+ in the first quarter.

1st qtr total pts isn't bad @ o13.5 -130. I think 14pts will be scored in the first. What do y'all think?
I think it will probably be a 7-3 1st quarter type score, but with our offense it is hard to say in games against what should be considered good-really good defenses.

We could always go off and score 21 in a quarter on just about anybody if we are clicking early...🤷‍♂️

I reckon I'm like most conservative folks and think it will either be a back and forth struggle in the 20s, or a 40+-20+ kind of game.

I honestly don't know what to expect.

Last edited:
We haven't started fast yet. If we start fast Saturday this game is over. They don't have the offense to come back against us.
First..I agree if we keep that momentum going.
But, they've come from behind 3 times... Winning 2, and should of at least gotten to overtime in the other.

So I can't say can't. They can. But we have to help them.

So if the opportunity presents... Step on the throat.

I’ll start off by admitting I’m a old person (STFU @Weezer, @InVOLuntary , @drvenner , etc to whom I missed). I recently got the IPhone 13 and can’t post gifs. Never had that problem with my 8. Can any of you help a frail older woman? TIA. There’s a lot of Kiss my a$$ gifs I need to post to the above. It’s for the good of all us.

Click that little settings icon and see if that fixes it. I wasn't able to post gifs on mobile for a while and saw that little guy and now I can post gifs on mobile again.
1665013124747.png

I love the deep middle on a Tight End..

Set up
I don't judge.

tenor.gif

In 30A for Fall Break, but it is super tempting to grab a game ticket for me and rental car for the family to head back to Middle TN while I drive to Baton Rogue. Talk me out of it….

Haha. I was down there last week. It was fun being in Florida and wearing so much orange. Got a lot more “Go Vols!” last week than I remember getting in the past.

Bring it on ya old purple fluff ball!

49d85b10edf7bb97e410182707c0c735.gif
I think you need an intervention. First you threaten all VN with your unchecked notifications. Now you're threatening our victory by starting the game thread. Left unchecked, you're going to destroy the universe. Come back to the fold!

I have been looking up predictions for the Tennessee and lsu game and it’s kinda funny. Most are Tennessee but the ones that pick lsu are the exact same. Like copy and paste word for word prediction. They have the exact same score and same prediction. So basically I have only seen one prediction for lsu to win, it’s kinda funny

Glitch is probably behind it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back