Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when everyone including me thought Missouri game last year was going to be tight.

I was so underwhelmed by the Heupel hire that I didn’t even really start paying attention until that game. I was expecting a several year rebuild and just didn’t have the energy or give a damn to sweat through a likely 4-8 season. Then…that game. And the next week we did the same damn thing.

I am wondering why others who have really studied that game have not realized it, or if they did, why they have not pointed it out 🤷‍♂️

The other thing is the criticism over the last series. Yes, I ventured into the FF and shouldn’t have. They claim we took our foot off the gas.

If you watch the last 5 plays, UF played press man on our WR’s and put more in the box. Our normal play would be to throw down field upon release (probably a 20+ yard throw). But you risk an incompletion with UF having one TO left. We couldn’t throw it short with that defense. We gained 5 yards on first down. We had to run with the clock under 3:00. Then, on 4th down, Bru was wide open if Hooker had looked at his second read. He probably would have scored. IMO, it was the proper way to handle it.

Especially the long pass on, I think, 4th and 2. They were extremely fortunate to connect on that play.
Exactly...that was the insane throw to Pearsall. It was a great throw that AR has not made any of this year. The catch itself was spectacular. The coverage was actually extremely good...it was just a great play.

AR completed several tight passes against good coverage that he has not been able to against anybody.

Like I said in my original post, there were some really bad busts, and there were several really bad attempted tackles...but...the secondary was NOT 570+ yards bad, there were actually a lot of really good coverages when AR couldn't find anybody open.

UT was always going to be conservative with Tillman. Even when players are announced as "available," coaches may take the long view and decide not to play them. Tillman really shouldn't affect the LSU outcome. Need the D to have a good game, the secondary to hold up and HH to get rolling early.

Also tells me we need to make Levis throw to the right

The Tight End seam route down the middle is great. We have hit a couple this year iirc. Split Safeties covering the very split wides to the boundary leaves the middle wide open with LB coverage..ie Tampa 2.

Reactions: BigSteve09
i mean...c'mon.
200w.gif

Sorry your mind took you to that place.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
O6.5 1st qtr is only @ -190 odds for UT. Was hoping it'd be better. May take o7.5 1st qtr @ +135. I think we will score 10+ in the first quarter.

1st qtr total pts isn't bad @ o13.5 -130. I think 14pts will be scored in the first. What do y'all think?
1Q spread is at 0.5 +105 for UT. I’m willing to throw down a bet to double my money that we will be up by at least 1 point at the end of the 1Q.

Well boys and gals I made it to ten years of marriage today! Hope everyone is doing well on this hump day!

It's good to feel that nervous excitement for game day again. Too many recent years I'd watch but wouldn't let myself get too excited because I was expecting a let down.

Go Vols!
Congrats! My anniversary is Oct. 15. It will be our 34th. geez where have all the years gone!

1Q spread is at 0.5 +105 for UT. I’m willing to throw down a bet to double my money that we will be up by at least 1 point at the end of the 1Q.
That might be the best bet overall. We'll score in the 1st, we have scored at least 3 in every game, 3/4 games has been 7+. A good chance we could be up 3-0, 7-3, 10-3, etc.

You sunavagun, I'm sold. Guess I'll hit that 1st qtr spread.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
Where are y’all from?!? It’s Coke. Just coke, regardless of whether it’s Pepsi, or Sprite, or Mountain Dew, or Mellow Yellow…it’s Coke.
That's weird ngl haha.

Why not just call it what it is? Coke is a brand (well, coca-cola, which is what I ask for at restaurants...specifically a "coca-cola classic" because I don't do that mexican coca-cola or diet aspartame crap)

And if at a friend's house, I just ask "y'all got grape drink?!"

If our defense continues to struggle and look clueless, then I expect a close game. But I wouldn't at all be shocked if we force 3-4 punts in the first half and all the sudden the game is over in the 3rd quarter.

I doubt teams will want to punt as often on us going forward. I think Florida showed everyone that it’s best to not punt. Our D struggles enough to encourage offenses to go for it on 4th down. If we can stop a 4th down conversion a couple of times then maybe we can change that perception.

That's weird ngl haha.

Why not just call it what it is? Coke is a brand (well, coca-cola, which is what I ask for at restaurants...specifically a "coca-cola classic" because I don't do that mexican coca-cola or diet aspartame crap)

And if at a friend's house, I just ask "y'all got grape drink?!"

We get into the particulars later.

Me: We’ve got coke, sweet tea and water.

Them: Mmmm, gimme a coke

Me: Sure, what kind?

Them: Coke

See, it’s simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back