Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clemson fired Steele for Venables just a few years in to “upgrade” their program. Saban has fired a few coordinators/position coaches to upgrade his program wether the purpose was because lack of effectively recruiting or on field performance. Kirby Smart has let go a few of his assistants for the same reasons. Day has fired a few position coaches/ coordinators to upgrade his defense as well.
Not saying fire anyone yet… but make no mistake about it. I don’t think Heupel will be scared to make a move on ANY position coach or coordinator if he thinks it’ll ultimately help the program. This isn’t a black or white discussion here. Common sense

Dabo fired him after he gave up 70 to WVU. Wake me up when we do that.

You can’t compare Vols situation with that of Day or Saban or Kirby. Those teams were loaded with talent on the defensive side of the ball. Absolutely no reason to struggle. That’s why they made changes. We’re talent deficient in the secondary.

Game plan should be simple against LSU:

Offense: execute and do what we do
Defense: commit to shutting the run game down and make them throw the ball. They do not look to be a very good passing team…yet.
Should be same gameplan as Florida. Daniels has less potential than AR, but I think Kelly will try to force the run unlike Napier.

We have:
W Burrell 87 rated 3*
K Hadden 85 rated 3*
C Charles 87 rated 3* who the staff prefers at safety
J Mcculough 93 rated 4* who was overrated bc he has a lake of athleticism
T Flowers 85 rated 3*
T Mcfonald 87 rated 3*

1st two classes facing NCAA investigation/ poor reputation as a program our DB recruiting struggled… this year we have 4 DBs committed that are 4* and rated higher than everyone that plays on our team except McCullough.

Regardless what our fans think…. Our staff trusts Burrell more than anyone…. It allowed them to play men and roll our secondary to help Hadden/Charles…. Burrell didn’t play this past Saturday… we are down to literally two CBs that our staff feels comfortable playing right now…. I feel like our defense has exceeded my expectations based on talent so far… they can’t have many games like Saturday…. Need to figure out a plan for that but I am extremely excited about the future.
I’m excited for this season and the future. But it’s not wrong to question some on staff who aren’t performing. I don’t care what a service says. Burrell was recruited by big programs, Charles was highly sought after, Flowers was a big target for Clemson, and Hadden was at Auburn. We have plenty of three stars playing well and coached well. Beasley, Garland (DL), Young, Bumphis, Spraggins, Tillman, Mincey, etc. Why not try Turrentine? Why not let Wesley Walker play corner? It’s not wrong to question things when your secondary is torched for almost five hundred yards.

Reactions: tnvols72
What’s interesting to me is we are now beating them in Basketball each season at least splitting the series and they are becoming somewhat relevant in football. It kind of become a fun rivalry in both sports. I honestly don’t despise Kentucky like I do Florida, Bama, OSU or Georgia. I vote for Kentucky if they play Florida, Bama, Georgia, Auburn, OSU.
That's the thing...we don't despise them because they really haven't beaten us. But boy do they despise us. Their arrogance as a fan base is what is turning me against them. Quickly becoming a program I want to see lose.

The man is a national treasure and I strongly feel the Egg Bowl should have a joint press conference prior to the game for Leach and Kiffin
Agreed. I think they should do it like they do the press conferences before fights. Both on opposite sides facing the press and shooting verbal barbs at one another.

After watching this weekend…I think it should be 1) Ohio St. 2) bama 3) DogA’s until proven who’s gonna continue to play out and wins. A few plays DogA’s lose there game. BumA’s Qb. uncertainties….like a said earlier…that the way this weeks games went. I was glad we didn’t play lol
Wut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back