Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Tillman is a go for LSU, but I'd rather he wait if he's not 100% and be back for Bama.

Assuming he misses LSU and we pull off the W on the road and Hooker has another great game like he did against Florida it's going to strengthen his Heisman campaign. To have two great games against stout SEC opponents (one on the road) without your #1 WR, #chiefskiss

Kind of torn here--- we have a better shot at beating LSU with Tillman and I don't think it matters whether we have Tillman or not when we play Bama, that is most likely gonna be a L.... I would rather see Tillman in limited action to help secure the W at LSU and then have him sit/rest/limit against Bama (I know it sounds crazy) and have him full go for the remainder of the season...

A W at LSU gets us 5 wins early, we most likely are not gonna pull an upset with our current defense on Bama (the refs won't allow it, seriously, which is pathetic but true), but losing to LSU and then Bama the following week will be tough... Just looking at the big picture here and being realistic... Hopefully Sampson and everyone else will be full go for LSU-- don't like hearing Burrell in a sling...

Correct about what, exactly?

Name an elite DB coach and I'll show you the pass rushers his DBs played with.

I like Tim Banks, but his playing not to lose mentality kept Florida in the game...

I think the D-line has been pretty good for the most part this year. I don't think that's the issue.

No soft drinks
No tea
No coffee

Life is about to get hard for me.............I

Thank goodness Copenhagen is still ok!;)

I had surgery about 10 years ago because I had 3 stones at the same time that were too big to pass. Largest was around 15mm. Prior to that I had passed 10 or 15 stones over the previous 5 or 6 years. I switched to clear sodas or Mountain Dew when I want one. Still drink coffee and tea occasionally and I haven't had one since that lithotropsy surgery. Staying hydrated is a big part of keeping them from forming.

KY has the easiest other-division schedule in the SEC and the softest non-conference schedule in the SEC.

@Pitt > N. IL, @ lsu > Miss St, Bama > Ole Miss.
They always do, take a look at their 23 schedule. Stoops has made his reputation on soft schedules and somehow having Florida's number.

Misdirection.. It's main reason I HATE Kensucky so much..

How would you view the DBs since WM was hired? Not sure how anyone can put a positive spin on it

Obviously the secondary hasn't been good this year. I don't think anyone is saying that they have. The big ?, is it talent or coaching. I choose to trust in WM right now and believe that he will get the most out of the kids that is possible.

I don't know how anyone could say that he had no part in this:
  • DB Alontae Taylor: Second round (49th overall) to the New Orleans Saints
or this:
  • DB Theo Jackson: Sixth round (204th overall) to the Tennessee Titans

Virginia Tech is a soil judging powerhouse. I was very proud to have beaten them for the national title in 2018 and brought the trophy to Knoxville. So proud I hang the plaque in my office at VT.

They asked me to help coach the past two years but I have moral issues with helping the enemy.

Attachments

• 20220930_101925.jpg
    20220930_101925.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 28
Kind of torn here--- we have a better shot at beating LSU with Tillman and I don't think it matters whether we have Tillman or not when we play Bama, that is most likely gonna be a L.... I would rather see Tillman in limited action to help secure the W at LSU and then have him sit/rest/limit against Bama (I know it sounds crazy) and have him full go for the remainder of the season...

A W at LSU gets us 5 wins early, we most likely are not gonna pull an upset with our current defense on Bama (the refs won't allow it, seriously, which is pathetic but true), but losing to LSU and then Bama the following week will be tough... Just looking at the big picture here and being realistic... Hopefully Sampson and everyone else will be full go for LSU-- don't like hearing Burrell in a sling...

Oddly enough I think we have a better chance against Bama than Georgia at this point from what I've seen.

I think Bryce Young is a better QB, but I think Georgia may have more overall talent/experience right now.

Still think both are probably Losses, just don't think our defense or rushing game is anywhere near good enough to help us win. We also get Bama after they play @ Arkansas and then vs A&M with no BYE week. Georgie won't have played any real tough teams before facing us, and we're playing there.

They always do, take a look at their 23 schedule. Stoops has made his reputation on soft schedules and somehow having Florida's number.

Misdirection.. It's main reason I HATE Kensucky so much..

And the media eats it up. They love some UK.

This week I heard Jacob Hester and his partner on Sirius who are pretty open about how much they love UK. They say UK wins easy. Peter Burns has UK. I was listening to the andy staples pod while walking the dog and all 3 of them have UK. Same with the SEC Mike guy. According to them Ole Miss probably shouldn’t even show up. All that makes me feel even better about Ole Miss this weekend. I always enjoy how bad the talking heads are. It’s great.

Last edited:
Then I guess you missed the part at the start of the 2nd half when the TV crew had the doctor who is part of the announcement crew talk about it. He said if there was any resemblance of a concussion in the testing by the independent doctor after the stumble then it wouldn’t matter if he passed or not, he wouldn’t be playing. That means he passed every test. He then said that the stumble 100% could have been caused by back spasms.

All I’m saying is unless you’re a doctor that was in the room, saying that “anyone with a brain knew it was a concussion”, when there was an independent doctor in the room that knows more on the subject then you ever could is just a bit extreme.
Facts don't matter because 39 knows and cares more than everybody else about brain injuries.

You have such a loser mentality. Rest Tillman against Bama? What is wrong with you?

How would you view the DBs since WM was hired? Not sure how anyone can put a positive spin on it
We have Burrell 3* Hadden originally committed to central michigan…. Christian Charles was a 3* that the staff thinks is a better safety…. One of our best secondaries stat wise that we have had in 20 yrs was when he was here before…. Our fans need to stop complaining and let them build our roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back