Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what you're remembering is that OU did the stripes in their stadium for that game and we said, "Let's do it better when we play them next year." But we had done it in TBA before.
Yeah, I didn’t know that. This topic sent me down a research rabbit hole of trying to find out what team did it first. The earliest I could find was Tennessee in 2006 at the basketball game, but I can’t find anything before that.

Yeah, I didn’t know that. This topic sent me down a research rabbit hole of trying to find out what team did it first. The earliest I could find was Tennessee in 2006 at the basketball game, but I can’t find anything before that.
I think Penn State was doing the "white-outs" before we did the checkerboard but Tennessee was the first school to coordinate colors for a design.

***edit: we checkerboarded Thompson Bowling Arena in 2006. Checker Neyland came from checker TBA, not stripe Oklahoma.

Last edited:
If we had to prioritize our remaining targets, how would y'all guess that hierarchy would look? I'm guessing something like:

1) Daevin Hobbs
2) Elijah Davis (JUCO)
3) Tomarrion Parker
4) Arion Carter
5) Traylon Ray

I'm not including already committed guys because I have no idea how legitimate their interest is in flipping, but obviously Faulk and Mauigoa are in there if there is a legit chance of flipping them.

Of those 5 above, what are our chances with each?
This is football season. . . we'll talk about recruits during the recruiting season. . . 😆 😆

Looks like a solid list. I think Mauigoa can be flipped.

If we had to prioritize our remaining targets, how would y'all guess that hierarchy would look? I'm guessing something like:

1) Daevin Hobbs
2) Elijah Davis (JUCO)
3) Tomarrion Parker
4) Arion Carter
5) Traylon Ray

I'm not including already committed guys because I have no idea how legitimate their interest is in flipping, but obviously Faulk and Mauigoa are in there if there is a legit chance of flipping them.

1) Daevin Hobbs 55%
2) Elijah Davis (JUCO) 25%
3) Tomarrion Parker 40%
4) Arion Carter No clue just know Bama will be hard to beat.
5) Traylon Ray 70%

Vol Nation,

I don't normally ask, but I would appreciate any prayers, thoughts, and positive wishes. My wife just left for a 6 month deployment. We have a 4 year old and an 18 month old that are going to miss their mom and I'm going to miss my wife. I'm in the military too so this isn't going to be the easiest 6 months for all of us. I'm just pretty down right now and I'm grateful for any positivity thrown our way.
Thank her for her service and prayers for all of you.

Yeah, I loved that first one. I stole it from the SECMike twitter account, but right when it happened he tweeted, "Miller just tackled a ghost"

When I saw it in real time, I thought it showed that he really was hurting. You could almost tell how frustrated he was that he couldn’t stop or change direction to try to make a play. Credit to the kid for playing through the injury.

I think Penn State was doing the "white-outs" before we did the checkerboard but Tennessee was the first school to coordinate colors for a design.
I think Tennessee got the idea because oklahoma stripped their stadium when Tennessee went there in 14?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220927-081511_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220927-081511_Chrome.jpg
    641.9 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: Specs

1) Daevin Hobbs
2) Elijah Davis (JUCO)
3) Tomarrion Parker
4) Arion Carter
5) Traylon Ray

I think we have a real shot with Hobbs. Not sure on Davis. 247 only has him interested in 3 schools, Bama, FSU, and for some strange reason, SCar. Not sure why we don't seem to be in that race right now. We should know more about Parker after his OV. Have to like our chances with Carter. These are JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back