Status
Not open for further replies.
Our offense

R.95383c6b9c073e2f18a6d85afb3622d7

Our front 7 on defense

raw

Our secondary

Billy-Madison-11.gif

What a strange defense we have where we are really playing quite well up front and just terribly in the secondary.

I think we are pretty thin on personnel and I dont mind the game plan of being safe, forcing people to put drives together, and hoping they fail to execute a few times.

Mobile qbs are going to be hard for us because we have to sit in a zone and can't rush too far up field. I can see us having a lot more success against Kentucky than lsu/bama. At a certain point though you have to either cover somebody or bring the house and we didn't challenge a single pass all night.

Here is what I am most curious about with our defensive scheme… Do we play soft zone all the time, because Banks does not trust our DBs, or is that just his scheme? Or when we get the Jimmy and Joe’s on the backend who can play man coverage better, is he more aggressive in his scheme and playcalling on that side of the ball?
Just because I would give Zach Arnett a blank check, doesn't mean I'm out on Banks...yet. I need the question answered: is it the talent in the back end, or is it the philosophy/calls? I have been so excited about Kamal Hadden and Brandon Turnage; but, Hadden was absolutely atrocious yesterday, and the one time I saw Turnage, he was a piece of toast, as well.

I believe the DL and LBs had a pretty good day, overall; but, that secondary...
I didn't think it was possible to look as bad as Clemson's DBs, but...ours may be the worst I've ever seen, and we've had some pretty bad one's in the past.

What a strange defense we have where we are really playing quite well up front and just terribly in the secondary.

I think we are pretty thin on personnel and I dont mind the game plan of being safe, forcing people to put drives together, and hoping they fail to execute a few times.

Mobile qbs are going to be hard for us because we have to sit in a zone and can't rush too far up field. I can see us having a lot more success against Kentucky than lsu/bama. At a certain point though you have to either cover somebody or bring the house and we didn't challenge a single pass all night.

Are we playing good upfront because we are focused heavily on stopping the run and letting teams throw it on us?

I'm just wondering if Banks and Heupel know the personnel isn't where it needs to be and are forced to pick their poison on defense. Stopping the run means we give up more chunk plays, but also more chances of 3 and outs and INTs. And our offense can get back on the field faster.

Are we playing good upfront because we are focused heavily on stopping the run and letting teams throw it on us?

I'm just wondering if Banks and Heupel know the personnel isn't where it needs to be and are forced to pick their poison on defense. Stopping the run means we give up more chunk plays, but also more chances of 3 and outs and INTs. And our offense can get back on the field faster.

Honestly I think its just Rodney Garner the guy is a damn miracle worker

Just because I would give Zach Arnett a blank check, doesn't mean I'm out on Banks...yet. I need the question answered: is it the talent in the back end, or is it the philosophy/calls? I have been so excited about Kamal Hadden and Brandon Turnage; but, Hadden was absolutely atrocious yesterday, and the one time I saw Turnage, he was a piece of toast, as well.

I believe the DL and LBs had a pretty good day, overall; but, that secondary...
I didn't think it was possible to look as bad as Clemson's DBs, but...ours may be the worst I've ever seen, and we've had some pretty bad one's in the past.

Not gonna lie, I wonder if it's Willie Martinez. I remember not being high on him when he was here the first time, and with the way our secondary has played, I remember why. It could be the players, or it could be Banks' scheme, but I'm starting to believe it's the coaching they're getting from WM. He's good at finding talent but has some struggles developing it.

Okay, go ahead and roast me for my opinion.

And for those way in the back…. Heupel’s offense does work in the SEC

How many years in the RF did we all drool over these high-flying offenses with QBs regularly connecting on deep bombs, WRs making spectacular plays, etc.?

Watching guys like Freeze and Kiffin dial up some magic. It feels great to finally have that here.

Looking back on all the 4th down attempts- that philosophy of Butch Napiers is a very aggressive one.

If just one of those didn’t convert the game is blown wide open.

I mean they converted 5/6. That’s crazy effective. And two inside our 40.
Yup. And one was a deep bomb that hadden had decent coverage on, Richardson just threw a dot. Our secondary is def pretty awful, but you gotta chalk some of that game up yesterday to Richardson playing literally PERFECT football. Happens every single year against the gators smh.

Yup. And one was a deep bomb that hadden had decent coverage on, Richardson just threw a dot. Our secondary is def pretty awful, but you gotta chalk some of that game up yesterday to Richardson playing literally PERFECT football. Happens every single year against the gators smh.

Hopefully he puts together a hell of a second half to this season and goes to the league.

@volinbama256 thinks everything is a problem. He called for Tennessee to bench Hooker after the Pitt game.
I hope that dude is a troll; because if he's not...then I just hope he's not married, or has a girlfriend, or any friends at all, for that matter. I'd feel so very sorry for them.

Also, I felt like 3rd Down For What played surprisingly well, at least it appeared to on TV. Tbh, I was not a fan of bringing it back but it seemed like it was used sparingly and the crowd really got into it.

I was at the game and didn't hear 3rd Down For What played. It was louuuuuud!

Absolutely destroyed my phone when Florida got the onside kick. I guess glass doesn’t respond well to being gronk spiked on the Neyland upper deck steel. Guess I’ll have to shatter another phone in the 4Q of the next few games to ensure a dub hehe

I head my back turned to the field. Didn’t want to watch the onside kick. My BVS was kicking in.

Exactly. Hooker better get his crap straight. Take the snap, hurl it into the air and sprint under the darn ball for fiddy. Not that hard and his slacking off is really worrying this early in the season. Hopefully this gets fixed during the bye week or I’m out. Irritating not having a quarterback that can’t do it all. He should also be gunner on kick offs.
Yep. Dude does not even hold for XP or FG. Probably should be snapping it too. Slacker.

It looked like the UF coaches and players had been sandbagging all year.

We can all watch and see if their performance was a out of character peak or if they can sustain anywhere close to it. Hooker played like Hooker, was not expecting their QB to morph into a Hooker like performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back