Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as we hope this is not the case, we have to find a way to go 3-2 over the next 5 games. I know all of us are thinking of higher expectations and hopes, but the SEC did us no favor in the scheduling of the next five games. LSU, Bama, cupcake, Kentucky, and then Georgia. That is murderers row for a team who is still not fully loaded on the roster. A lot of physical games upcoming. We do a very good job of managing injuries and scheming around it, like yesterday, but with too many injuries, it will catch up to us. Hopefully we can get healthy in the bye week and stay healthy.

I had given up on Jabari but dude absolutely showed up tonight and looked like a 215lb back. Props.
I have huge love for Jabari, may lack that elite eye test speed, but when was the last time we saw a back run like that right at the teeth of the gators. Especially after that bs td that was called short… next play he ran in down their throat.

W. Did I say, W? I woke up this AM still expecting something utterly ridiculous to happen to steal our joy.

Enjoy the day. So glad the spell is broken. I am so sick of everything Gator I could spit.

Danielson and Nessler can go pound sand. Birmingham is that way >>>>>>>>>>>

Speaking of Birmingham, congrats to Sankey and the SEC office. They sent the absolute bottom of the barrel to work the SEC Game of the Week. Well done.

Now you know why some of us were less than enthused with the hire of Wille Martinez. It's OK to question hires. I will never accept Third (or Fourth) and Chavis as being OK because it is not, DC Banks. It is never OK to drop into a zone and never cover anybody or even move until the pass is complete in front of you. Never.

So the lesson to Heup is never take the foot off the gas on O and be in your DC's grill to fix the secondary.

But it is a big W and for that I thank him, all of the team, coaches and Volnation for it. Our fanbase is incredible.

So many heroes on O. So happy for Hook, Keyton, McCoy, Hyatt, Small, Wright, Warren and the O-line. Take a lap, Fant.
Yes!!! I said this during the game. Our team drops into zone, but they don’t play zone defense correctly. When you drop into zone, when a player comes in your zone you mark that player. We just sit and wait until the player has the ball to react. My buddy who played college football talks about it every week and how we need to adjust our zone defense.

Here is what I am most curious about with our defensive scheme… Do we play soft zone all the time, because Banks does not trust our DBs, or is that just his scheme? Or when we get the Jimmy and Joe’s on the backend who can play man coverage better, is he more aggressive in his scheme and playcalling on that side of the ball?
Got to be it. Everyone of our corners are unproven and not the most talented. Guess his Motto is give up 5 but not the long ones. Just silly when you are getting pressure to not play close cuz he has to get ball out fast

As much as we hope this is not the case, we have to find a way to go 3-2 over the next 5 games. I know all of us are thinking of higher expectations and hopes, but the SEC did us no favor in the scheduling of the next five games. LSU, Bama, cupcake, Kentucky, and then Georgia. That is murderers row for a team who is still not fully loaded on the roster. A lot of physical games upcoming. We do a very good job of managing injuries and scheming around it, like yesterday, but with too many injuries, it will catch up to us. Hopefully we can get healthy in the bye week and stay healthy.

LSU=Win, Bama=Win, Cupcake =Yum, Kentucky=Win, & Georgia=Win. Heupel ain’t scared of nothing or nobody, and this team will fight for everything.

Thinking on the game… We easily should have won by double digits. They couldn’t stop us. But typical UF game and they get all the lucky breaks at the end. On side kick was just crazy and will be fixed. Couple bombs AR hit we just outrageous and he played his best game he probably will all year. Yet we still won by five and had control most of the game. We are a good team as most of our issues can be fixed in time. Although, I do want to slap banks with his lame soft zone some times. If anyone says another word about Hooker, Im showing up to Waffle House immediately.

I mean, it’s hard for me to even type this, but AR What played great. No one expected him to hit those throws consistently. We got Florida’s best. In a series where all it’s taken is for them to show up (and sometimes not even that), beating them at their absolute best feels even better. This is sports. This is a rivalry game. This is emotion. A win is a win, and this was a big one.

That’s a rough stretch. I’d be thrilled with 3-2. Bama/UGA are obviously gonna be tough, LSU/Kentucky is probably a split with LSU on the road.

FPI/SP+ love us but even they think 2-3 is by far the most likely outcome there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back