Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
And leaving work at 3 tomorrow, I’ll be like:

Motorcade_Example_1.gif

I understand picking us to lose. But nothing infuriates me more than picking us to lose just because it’s Florida. At least give a valid reason
Yup. It's silly.

It's not some magic dust that UF has had more raw talent essentially every year.

Same as UT vs UK. We ALWAYS have more talent. It's raw talent + probabilities.

But for once our actual talent, at least at QB, plus scheme, is just too much. Which is why we're the biggest favorite over them (by double) of my lifetime.

I know people are saying that Florida's strength on defense is going up against our strength on offense. I don't think so and let me explain. The only time you can truly judge a passing defense is IF the rushing defense is solid. There is absolutely no reason to pass the ball if you can run successfully. In 2017, Tennessee had the #3 pass defense in the country. Only allowed 162 passing yards a game. Awesome right? Except we ranked 126th in rushing defense. That is 3015 yards on the ground and 251.25 yards a game. Reminds me of this Florida defense. Decent starting 11, and nothing behind it.

In 1995, we hadn't beaten Bama in 10 years. Two ABSOLUTE heartbreakers!!!!! (I cannot stress this enough...those of you who know, know) were the 9-6 game in '90, and the tie in '93. It was pure, relentless misery.

With one play, we slayed those demons. With that play, we made the statement, this ends tonight...with that game, we made the statement, it's our time.

With that play and that game, we introduced ourselves as the better players, better coach, better team, better program...and, Bama absolutely knew it.

This feels exactly like that that night. The Big Orange slay some demons tomorrow. We smoke them like 1990, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back