Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care who knows it or what you think, I'm freaking scared to death.

I'm on cloud 9 - this week is so much fun and tomorrow will be a blast - come what may! I look forward to sitting on the couch with my wife and girls and enjoying every minute of the game.

I think I learned the lesson of the last 15 years - just enjoy the good seasons when they come. Don't waste time being emotional and bent out of shape.

If we lose tomorrow and spend another 5 years in the wilderness, so what. I've learned that life goes on.

But if we win...? THAT will be awesome and worth celebrating!!!

Go Vols!

So here I am still on Wednesdays' posts, who would have thought I would be giving strong consideration to putting Bass on ignore for being negative.

Unbelievable how negative!!
That’s part of the fun….. Bass is bipolar…. He will go from the most over top meltdown that you have ever seen to the biggest sunshine pumper on here in the matter a few seconds.

I'm on cloud 9 - this week is so much fun and tomorrow will be a blast - come what may! I look forward to sitting on the couch with my wife and girls and enjoying every minute of the game.

I think I learned the lesson of the last 15 years - just enjoy the good seasons when they come. Don't waste time being emotional and bent out of shape.

If we lose tomorrow and spend another 5 years in the wilderness, so what. I've learned that life goes on.

Go Vols!
The other thing I've learned is never take the good times for granted.

I haven't seen it, but it has a few decent actors in it. That Evan Peters kid is pretty talented. Netflix probably edited it weird with weird color grading, like most of their stuff.

Even as a fictional concept the show is unnerving, but knowing they're all real events put it over the top, imo.

Peters might be up for an Emmy with the way he sold it.

Go Vols!
Lol, what good seasons have we enjoyed the last 15 🤣

There wasn’t a reality show being recorded but just short. The Dabo thing was heavily reported. Pretty sure the AtlantaVol novella was Franklin inspired. Not disagreeing that Heupel was DW’s true preference, but we got the third candidate offered.
Yeah, I know all of that was put out there, and I believed it then...just not sure I do now. While I put stock into AV's info, there toward the end of his run on here, he was off more than he wasn't; and, I don't believe Danny White was letting ANYTHING leak.

All of it may have been true, I'm just not so sure anymore, especially after all the things Kesling was saying about Heupel. In all reality, whether he works out long term or not, Heupel truly was the absolute perfect choice...everything about him is everything we needed.

Reactions: L'envol

Go Vols!
This has been a fun week.
I don't understand why people get nervous to a point they are finding negatives to rationalize their insecurity.

I'm full speed ahead on the blow-out train. So what if it doesn't happen? Wouldn't be the first time my heart's been broken, 😆. Beating UF will be icing on the cake. I mean, it's been a long time since we've had this much hype. I'm just trying to enjoy it as if we've already won. Then, after we do win, it'll just be that much more fun.

He is stepping down to work full time in ministry. He and the station tried to figure out a way to make both work but couldn’t make it happen.

So he stepped up to work full time in the ministry. Good for him. When you get called there is nothing else that will bring you the joy of serving Jesus!

Vol fans should Florida score first....

david-tennant-jump-off-a-cliff.gif

Biggest game in Heupel's career thus far, and this is not exaggerated, a chance for us to finally get over the hump in this series both literally and psychologically. With a decisive win tomorrow we can get this monkey off of our backs. I don't believe Napier is the guy for them, and so they are going to continue wallowing in mediocrity imo. This is our chance to put them behind us for the foreseeable future.

and further, the impact on recruits is monumental. This can compel us to finalizing a top 10 class and really setting us up for a top 5-7 class in 24. It's huge man, can't be understated.

We have to win. There's no reason we shouldn't. We have every advantage in this game. The only reason it's not an assumed win is because of the history with fl

Agree with every word Bass. It is a huge game that could change everything going forward. For this team, for the coaches and for recruiting. I am as nervous as a sore tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Go Vols!
I’m doing my best to stay positive. I’m less a ball of nerves than I was in 2011, 2012, or 2014-16. The Pitt win was awesome and for now, the Vols are ranked just outside the top 10 and heavy favorites against the Gators. It’s a cool place to be. Let’s hope we’re all vindicated tomorrow.

Wife and I are just about to hit the road. 6 hours to Knoxville. Then the nerves probably ramp up.

I’m doing my best to stay positive. I’m less a ball of nerves than I was in 2011, 2012, or 2014-16. The Pitt win was awesome and for now, the Vols are ranked just outside the top 10 and heavy favorites against the Gators. It’s a cool place to be. Let’s hope we’re all vindicated tomorrow.

Wife and I are just about to hit the road. 6 hours to Knoxville. Then the nerves probably ramp up.
Where you coming in from? Nerves are gonna start ramping up as soon as you hit that Tennessee stat line.

Reactions: Glitch
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back