Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I'll point out, we've been very cautious about using Hooker this year in the running game so far.

3 games and he has 3 attempts for 22 yards (2 TDs though). Last year he finished with 166 attempts for 616 rushing yards (which was 1st on the team in attempts). He also ran for 9 attempts against Pitt in his first real action, then followed that up with another 9 carries against TTU.

We'll see more of his legs now that we're into the SEC schedule. Teams haven't been able to get pressure or cover receivers well enough to force him to use his legs. Wouldn't surprise me if he has a big game running against Florida if they try to get cute with their pass coverage.
It's worth recalling that when the game was on the line in OT at Pitt we went to consecutive Hooker runs, scoring the TD. Looks like Heup wanted to put the ball in Hooker's hands. When the TD was called back (iirc, the hold was behind Hooker), we went to the pass for the TD.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
If I was a bettor that took the under on the Pitt/Cle game I would be so mad right now lol.

Line was set at 38 points. Game was at 37 pointd with 9 seconds left in the game. Steelers down 6 and at their own 4 yard line and tried to keep the play alive pitching backwards and Browns force a fumble and recover in the endzone. Game goes to 43 total points and the over hits. Bad beat for those bettors.

If I was a bettor that took the under on the Pitt/Cle game I would be so mad right now lol.

Line was set at 38 points. Game was at 37 pointd with 9 seconds left in the game. Steelers down 6 and at their own 4 yard line and tried to keep the play alive pitching backwards and Browns force a fumble and recover in the endzone. Game goes to 43 total points and the over hits. Bad beat for those bettors.
I hate betting pros.

Worst way to lose. You see it coming a mile away too. All you can say is "oh no" as you watch the events fall into place and the end result tear your heart out.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
Worst way to lose. You see it coming a mile away too. All you can say is "oh no" as you watch the events fall into place and the end result tear your heart out.

Herbstreit even made a comment about it. “There will be some happy people about that” or something along those lines lol

Got some family from California coming in. It will be nice to see them. Will catch the game, you guys are gonna have to cheer extra loud for me this year. We aren't going to be able to make a game this year due to some unfortunate circumstances, but such is life.

Already planning a trip next year to bring my father. Going to repay him for planting the seed for me roughly 40 years ago!

For all the disappointment I've had over the years, the moments of shear joy more than make up for it, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Go Vols! See you next year!

I wonder if reality is setting in on their fans yet?

Most SC fans on The Big Spur like Beamer, but they loath their OC. They want him gone yesterday. They want Beamer to make an OC hire in the off season to see if he can turn this around and at least be competitive next year. There are some that are off the train and believe he is not the guy to turn the program around. Their board reminds me of the Dooley, Jones & Pruitt era. Where they are hopefully optimistic and think longevity with coaches is better than continuing to fire and hire, but deep down some of them see the writing on the wall.

We’ve got to beat Florida. I have a good feeling but since it’s Florida I have a touch of BVS. Not enough to declare me negavol but just a touch when it comes to Florida. 42-24 Goodguys on Saturday God willing. Would be such a treat to this program and Fanbase that had to listen for 15 years how pathetic we were and inept. I also want the Florida win for all of the Vawl fans that might be older or in a difficult health situation. To maybe cheer them up and give them a renewed feeling the vols are back

Most SC fans on The Big Spur like Beamer, but they loath their OC. They want him gone yesterday. They want Beamer to make an OC hire in the off season to see if he can turn this around and at least be competitive next year. There are some that are off the train and believe he is not the guy to turn the program around. Their board reminds me of the Dooley, Jones & Pruitt era. Where they are hopefully optimistic and think longevity with coaches is better than continuing to fire and hire, but deep down they see the writing on the wall.
They really thought they were gonna be contenders with Rattler & Beamer, 😆

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back