Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want every one the know that Berry4heisman in the football thread thinks we shouldn’t even play the game. We would lose with Tillman and without Tillman. Might be the biggest pansy I have ever seen

#1 Go take a shower, we don’t want any FF residue in here.
#2 Stop going to the that FF cesspool.

I can't even imagine working in Knoxville. Do companies just shut down by Thursday? How is anything possibly getting done in that town? 😅 I assume it isn't.

Lots of pretending to be busy during football season especially in the afternoon. It has worked for me for nearly 20 years.

Last edited:
If Tillman is out, that is a big loss. When Hendon needs a play, that is who he is looking for.

Rangel is a good WR, but he is not on tillman’s level.

My level of give a **** at work is at an all time low today. Thankfully I took PTO tomorrow. My boss is a casual UT fan. He asked if I was doing anything for the weekend or if I was just taking a day to decompress.. I told him it’s UF weekend and he goes “oh, I get it then.” 😂

Last edited:
I'll bring the marshmallows and chocolate bars if you'll bring the graham crackers. I hear tears and s'mores are delicious together, and who doesn't love a nice bonfire!
Beamer acts like an even bigger dorky douchebag than Botch...I didn't think anybody could outbotch the master...but..🤷‍♂️

UF defense is young and has struggled with alignment issues.

Their primary starting linebacker (supposed heart of their defense) is out, which won't help their alignment issues.
They have not faced an up-tempo offense like our, where even good defenses have problems lining up and being ready for the snap.
They will be in a loud, crazy, ravenous enemy stadium where they can't hear themselves think, which won't help their alignment.

Great point here. If we run the offense at light speed this week, they will be hard pressed to get lined up. The run game may get cranked up this week.

I'd like to get the ball first, strike fast, then have our crowd absolutely crazy for Florida's first possession.

- AR and the Florida offense feel the immediate pressure to answer, forces a mistake
or
- AR overcompensates for the pressure and tries to slow his game down, sack city

We get the ball back. Hooker is already dialed in, the WRs and RBs are starting to sense that they can feast today. We strike fast again for a long TD or an overwhelming drive that results in a TD.

14-0

Neyland Stadium has entered the realm of insanity. Everyone is screaming. The announcers are taken aback.

Napier calls AR over before Florida takes the field again, AR can't hear him. Nods his head like he can. Trots back on the field like a lobster getting thrown into a pot of boiling water.

**The team, fans, and national audience enter a stage of Tennessee Football that hasn't been witnessed in many years. It is like being 6 inches away from a mortar firework going off. But it lasts for hours. We are all somewhere between euphoria and pure rage.**

We will all be thinking at the same time, "You're damn right this is happening."
I hope you are right.

I think it will probably (No..it SHOULD'T be, but it will be..because..Floriduh) be a back and forth game that we win by a FG or less...if we win.

Before you put in a lot of effort into throwing all the reasons out there WHY it will not be like I think...There is NO real good reason it should be like that...it just always is.

I hope you are the one that's right, and that for just once in my life I can witness us slaughter them again.

I want to go on a streak against them...embarrassing them over and over and over again.

This guy gets Waffle House.

Well for one, normal people do not eat their eggs runny. Ugg. Like eating runny yellow snot.

dOl2LFw0RbTMc.gif

And secondly, WH cooks are practically MMA fighters based purely on the amount of hand to hand combat experience they receive while on the job. What kind of moron challenges that to a fight more than once?

Last edited:
True dat. However, although I know on paper and with the eye test, it seems we should win big, I am starting to get that bad feeling as we nudge closer to kickoff. Every year we have been saying the same things about this game, then we crap the bed and lose in a multitude of different ways. Then, we say afterwards from this point forward beating Florida will be a have to see it to believe it thing. Next year comes and we are back to same place of we are winning this game. This year definitely seems way different (and we have never been the outright better team), but I keep thinking back over the years and all I can think is how will we throw this one away. Ugh! BVS against Florida is very real. I believe in Heup and this team, but they need to play their best game to date in his short tenure to show this is a completely different Tennessee program from this point forward. Let’s get it done!

I’m sticking with my prediction even without Tillman…52-16! I really want to believe Heup can get this monkey off our program’s back in a very big way.
Thing is I never decide if we are going to win or lose. I watched the PM lead team lose to Memphis! You win some you shouldn’t and lose some you shouldn’t. Right now I am glad we have the better team and coaches. But you have to go out and perform. So I will be a nervous wreck the whole game.

I’m with Bass on this. We’re undoubtedly a better team but 30 years of Florida games tells me this game is never normal. Since Tebow left, the difference between UT and UF is truly not that great but it’s gone pretty poorly for us. Flip side of the UK game.

Think it’s also fair to say we won’t have arrived even if we beat Florida because Florida isn’t that good. We play a complete competitive game against UGA or Bama, then we’ve arrived.

52C3BE30-7F92-489F-8A01-DBC429353F15.gif

So not negative on the hire, but negative on the coaching search and roster. Literally on Day 1 I called it a bridge hire which I changed my mind on before the first game, but if we reviewed everyone’s Day 1 reaction I doubt they’re all glowing. People were pissed saying Danny White took the easy route but most digested the news and came around with a revised opinion later. But Day 1 I also hoped we’d be at 40ppg and fun to watch so that’s a good reminder. I did donate to charity on my totals bet with Devo though.
The daily updates on Basillio are beyond annoying and your wrapping yourself up in your Negavol Cloak and calling out “homers” is a highly useful activity. We get it…you’re a rebel! You’re not the worst of those left behind by the Dearly Banned…which may explain why I haven’t put you on ignore YET.

Peter Burns is as much of a Vols supporter at the SEC Network as anyone. Here's a great thread on the General.

I don't want to like sports journalists, mostly because they've all been against us, but every time I see this guy's name I laugh, so inherently, I like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back