Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody picking Tn and not giving Fla a chance , the entire country is watching and all the publicity that Tn is getting and most are hoping Tn loses deep down. I just hope Tn does not let all this hype get to them and come out flat and give Fla hope. I want this offense coming out sharp and take Flas soul in the 1st 7-9 min
Actually, I think I most would tell you the better story is Tennessee winning.

I think there's finally a general understanding out there of just how bad it's been, and just how loyal this fanbase has been thru it all.

I heard Reese Davis, of all people, say today after he read off our record against our rivals over the last 15 years: 'no wonder they throw golf balls and mustard bottles when that former coach showed up, that's frustrating'.

It's really weird. This is the first time... Ever... That it feels like we're actually supposed to win and the general consensus agrees, and to boot, isn't vilifying the fanbase by way of a bunch of 'they don't deserve nice things' narratives.

So maybe we keep the trend of 'new things happening' going and curb stomp the gators.
🤔

They are very good at running the ball. But our offense was horrible against Pitt. It’s revisionist history to act otherwise. We scored 3 points in the second half

Maybe, but you can't just ignore the 24 we put in the first half, or the 16 total points UF scored vs KY.

You think they can run the ball that well?
They average 6.4/carry, or something close to that. The key there is AR. If he gets involved in the run game, that's bad.

Long story short... They will run it and they will have success at times. It just can't hey out of control.

Volunteer Club will be hosting a free tailgate in G5 this weekend. Josiah-Jordan James, Zakai, Julian Phillips, Uros, Santi, Jared Dickey, Chase Dollander, Drew Beam, and Christian Moore will all be in attendance to meet fans and take pics with fans.

We're smoking gators on site, Smash Burger will also be there too. I have a LOT of alcohol.
Epic

Really? Are we good? We’ve played two teams Georgia state would manhandle and Pitt. Our offense was abysmal at Pitt and that was with Tillman. And if we hadn’t taken out Slovis the second half would’ve been a lot different.

I’ve seen nothing that has shown that we have arrived. Hooker still throwing it high, run game is non existent so far, small and Sampson are hurt and Tillman is out. defense seems to be playing well, but again, they have not been tested.

I think we win too bc Fl is terrible. But we’ve all said this before
I def understand what you’re saying @Bassmaster_Vol but we could probably say the same for a lot of teams in terms of their schedule. Florida has played a tougher schedule than us so far but none of the teams they played have a defense as good as Pitt’s except for Kentucky and even then, Pitt’s DLine is better and they play more press coverage that teams like LSU and Florida typically play. Florida is not good by a long shot. Anthony Richardson’s running ability is better than Patti’s but his passing and/or ability to read a defense is not. I still think our team is getting better week to week as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back