Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hubby and I attended that game and we cussing the refs all the way home..I even yelled at the UF fans calling them cheaters even though they had nothing to do with the bad call..we still talk about it to this day.

I was at the game with my brother and he had to pull me off a couple of Florida fans on the strip afterwards. It still makes my blood boil.

The SEC are self-interested front-runners. They want as many SEC teams in the top 10 and NY Day bowls as possible. They are there to protect the brand, not carry some fictitious grudge against UT.

If there is any favoritism in this game, it'll be toward UT since UT is more highly ranked, more of a media darling, and set up as a better team with a better finish.
So why exactly did things happen the way they did against Akron last Saturday night with a SEC crew?

He's not wrong. I lived in Miami in '85, will never forget a client walking into our office the week after. He was big Hurricane fan & had gone to the game. My boss told him I was a TN alum. He was pretty classy. Said something along the lines of how envious he was of our fan support at the Sugar Bowl, said he couldn't believe how outnumbered the Hurricane fans were.

I had never heard of him until a few days ago when I heard Kansas was 3-0..If someone can turn them around the way he has..then he can do the same at Nebraska..IMO.
Popped up during our coaching search. I was more ok with it than Heupel originally. God and prayers being unanswered.

Out of all the songs in the world…. Could that pick one that doesn’t sound like it has to do with the football program?
You know I never thought about the lyrics lol. I think you’re right, it does sound pretty bad. Like we would be lucky to win or something.

So why exactly did things happen the way they did against Akron last Saturday night with a SEC crew?
How exactly did they happen? (You're arguing that somehow the SEC office gave orders to cripple UT in favor of Akron? There were a lot of blown and non-calls. What happened was probably ineptitude as opposed to SEC refs wanting to favor Akron.)

Every fanbase in the country bitches and moans that the zebras hate them and actively work against them. It's natural confirmation bias. But it also comes off as a pitiable victim mentality.

If you think that SEC officials are on some kind of orders from the SEC office to castrate one of the top-15 media darlings over a struggling UF team that will be lucky to end the season going to a bowl, then your math is off. UT fans are just used to sucking and having little hope of being a jewel in the SEC crown. A little success takes some getting used to, I guess.

How exactly did they happen? (You're arguing that somehow the SEC office gave orders to cripple UT in favor of Akron? There were a lot of blown and non-calls. What happened was probably ineptitude as opposed to SEC refs wanting to favor Akron.)

Every fanbase in the country bitches and moans that the zebras hate them and actively work against them. It's natural confirmation bias. But it also comes off as a pitiable victim mentality.

If you think that SEC officials are on some kind of orders from the SEC office to castrate one of the top-15 media darlings over a struggling UF team that will be lucky to end the season going to a bowl, then your math is off. UT fans are just used to sucking and having little hope of being a jewel in the SEC crown. A little success takes some getting used to, I guess.
Even Alabama fans complain about the officials trying to screw them. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back