Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name one other thing there is to do in Nebraska. I'll wait...

Nevermind, I have better things to do.
Aksarben race track? (Oh, wait…it closed down in 1995).
extra credit for those who knew, without googling it, where the name Aksarben came from.
What about the massive Nebraska Furniture Mart. Farmers drive their tractors 🚜 from far and wide to buy a new couch and love seat. The bargains and excitement never end.

Yeah, national exposure sucks.
win the game. exposure takes care of itself...kinda like rankings....besides, what they say after a WIN, is way more important than anything said BEFORE the game. so, no, i just don't care if they come.

and here's the best part...if we do win....i can almost guarantee they'll be in Knoxville before the end of they year anyway.

so err'body wins. you'll get your artificially inflated "exposure", and i'll be happy cause we're winning games that matter.

giphy.gif

Last week-late observation on the Pitt game - the TEs and RBs were god awful at picking up the blitz. They were the reason for every single sack we gave up. Small and our two TEs could not possibly have been worse in this regard. Athletic fronts like UF and LSU are gonna look much better than they really are and eat us alive if this isn’t solved ASAP.

Who cares. Y'all are more worried about the repercussions of losing than winning the game.

If Tenn loses, oh well. We lose every year anyways. Gameday, uni's, checkering etc isn't going to change anything other than add to the atmosphere. A better atmosphere is always going to help our chances of winning.
i've been to more than my fair share of florida games, several of which with Game day there and all the hoopla. and i go back far enough to when the UT/UF game was usually a top 10/top5 match up.

and i can tell you from personal experience, it was never "oh well, we lost".
losing sucks.

winning is infinitely more fun, and i'd trade all the hoopla for W's every day of the week.

Last week-late observation on the Pitt game - the TEs and RBs were god awful at picking up the blitz. They were the reason for every single sack we gave up. Small and our two TEs could not possibly have been worse in this regard. Athletic fronts like UF and LSU are gonna look much better than they really are and eat us alive if this isn’t solved ASAP.

Fant was not very good for sure.

i agree, i think that's part of the reason why neither group has been more involved in the passing game... both groups need to do better...a lot better in the protection game.

Reactions: Smokey19rt

yes, but you forget how great our program has always been in immediately correcting an apparent weakness…
just look how much better we’ve gotten at a powerful bull rush by the OL to make a 3rd and 1, …oh wait…
but how about our D stopping the slant pass by opposing WR or TE’s…oh wait…
but Shirley there’s the way we completely shut down running quarterbacks…oh, hell…never mind.

yes, but you forget how great our program has always been in immediately correcting an apparent weakness…
just look how much better we’ve gotten at a powerful bull rush by the OL to make a 3rd and 1, …oh wait…
but how about our D stopping the slant pass by opposing WR or TE’s…oh wait…
but Shirley there’s the way we completely shut down running quarterbacks…oh, hell…never mind.
i guess you forgot about how "we can't rush the passer"...oh wait...
we don't push the ball down field...'oh wait'...
Aaron Beasley will never be a quality SEC defender..."oh wait"

yeah, we never, ever, ever get better....at anything.
200.gif

Pitts line is legit and they are athletic. Have you seen #21 on Florida ? He gets significant snaps, could lose 100 lbs and still not be as athletic as Pitt.

Seeing all this Brazilian JJ stuff in here.

Just know, if we tangle, I will stab you. If I have no knife. I will drop to my back and furiously kick my legs like a tornado of jeans and Adidas shoes

BJJ is a BJ junkie, not Brazilian ju-jitsu…

Don’t go cutting someone that’s addicted to fun…😎

Finally did it fellas. Kamado Joe grill ordered. Please leave all advice and recipes below. Appreciated!

1. Assemble Kamodo Joe grill.
2. Admire handy work.
3. Gather family and proceed to Applebee's for riblet platters and oreo shakes for dessert.
4. Return home and admire grill some more.
5. Begin evening ablutions ending with stomach wrenching diarrhea from riblet platter.

You're welcome.

Pitts line is legit and they are athletic. Have you seen #21 on Florida ? He gets significant snaps, could lose 100 lbs and still not be as athletic as Pitt.
I agree that Pitt is legit. Mostly saying that even if teams like Florida and LSU don’t have skilled guys up front, they certainly have athletes that can fly around. Our guys gotta be better at recognizing where they’re coming from before we enter SEC play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back