Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
You owe it to yourselves to go back and watch the UK/UF game. It is revealing. It is why we call them Kensucky and also why it is time to put the UF jinx in the rearview with a thrashing.

Levis does not go through his progressions well at all, especially under pressure. As easily as they pulled away in the second half he still missed several wide open receivers in the middle of the field to throw into double and triple coverage underneath that he got away with. Their O-line does not block well on the run game, which was pretty obvious. So just use the Pitt D game plan on both UK and UF and make their QB's lives miserable because there is nothing else on the field to hurt you enough to beat you.

If UK or UF try to focus on just Hooker, we have a system and too many weapons at WR and RB for them to get away with it. A bad day at the office on O would be against a quality D like Pitt's in their house, which we still got 31 while leaving at least 14 points on the field with miscues and turnovers.

We have a real shot at a special season if we just keep growing and maturing as a team each week subject to Birmingham and injuries. I really like what Banks is putting together on D as a program. Hope we can keep him around for awhile.

PSA: I'm calling out all morans who use this thread for in-game discussion.

MarriedShortGalapagossealion-size_restricted.gif

My only thing with Florida is I don't know if our OL is as good as Kentucky's is...

So if we can protect as well as they did in the passing game and are able to run the ball more effectively than we did against Pitt we should be able to put a hurting on them.

Our OL is better than UK this season. Our OL is not elite by any means but it is solid.

My only thing with Florida is I don't know if our OL is as good as Kentucky's is...

So if we can protect as well as they did in the passing game and are able to run the ball more effectively than we did against Pitt we should be able to put a hurting on them.
They're not. Still a lot of room for improvement. But we can (hopefully) scheme to contain Richardson. Take away the run and make him beat us through the air. Then we just need to score 24 to win imo.

Our OL is better than UK this season. Our OL is not elite by any means but it is solid.

Yeah, I think we are...but they've done well recruiting at that position and have more depth. Didn't have great stats against the Gators though. It's the ? mark for me going into the Florida game. If our OL plays well and Hendo gets time to find the open guys and the running game can churn out more than 2.6 YPC then I like our chances to win and win big.

That is likely to be a correct assumption. Birmingham will be in full damage control mode. I still hope we keep doing it even if it is flagged. Hold them to FG's and keep smoking the QB's. It works when you have a high octane O that can score quickly.

Yes, Alabama needs payback for their attempt to take out Hooker last year. From their perspective it must be worth the penalty if you can knock out a starting QB in the 1st quarter. It’s dirty and exactly what they tried to do to us.

Reactions: Orange. and Vols4us

Miami OH sacked Levis 4 times and held UK to 50 yards rushing. Idk what their OL is

Birmingaloosa is in DEFCON 3 right now that Bama’s slightly exposed thanks to Texas.
Bama was majorly exposed, as in TX won -- it's not rationally debatable -- and it was vividly stolen. The announcers, polls, sports media, advertisers, Big 12 and SEC, etc., are pulling off a flagrant coverup. The polls should rank Bama below TX. The voters could just do it, but they are also part of the coverup. Imagine a level playing field in which AL already has one loss: because that would be football without rigging.

I rewatched the Pitt game and really enjoyed seeing all the pressure we put on Slovis and Patti. Those hits were clean and the refs called a good game in that regard.

However, in SEC play against the likes of Bama and UGA those will get flagged. Roughing the passer is way too subjective and will likely screw us in those situations. I do like how our players have learned to “pull up” if the QB gets the ball out before the hit. Just something to think about when we play the darlings of the league.

The SEC refs will just call it like they did to Texas Saturday. That was either a sack in the end zone or grounding in the endzone, but will be ruled incomplete or PF on hitting the QB "late" or "on the ground" or "hitting him too hard" etc. They will always get away with it.

Miami OH sacked Levis 4 times and held UK to 50 yards rushing. Idk what their OL is

Well...now that I investigate it, they have a first year OL coach, OC, & QBs coach and the RBs/WR coach both have only been there for a season. So nevermind on that we SHOULD be a better OL and offense than Kentucky and Florida's defense hasn't faced anyone else as good as us yet.

I also think Pitt offense is better than Florida so our defense should be up for the challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back