Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately history shows us they always think they are good against us.
One game at a time. Pitt taught us last year that we have to play 4 quarters. Going to Pitt this week is going to be a challenge. This is an excellent game for a year 2 coach to show us how this thing will likely go. Not completely make or break, but we should have a pretty good idea how this thing will go. I’m not sure we are ready yet, our defense ( especially #4) isnt showing me anything different so far. It’s one game, but I fear teams that are balanced will wear us down just like last year. Young guys look fast but I’m not sure we have the physicality across the board that passes the eye test. Cautiously optimistic heading into pitt. I think it rests on defense getting the job done and if we play with some attitude and confidence I do agree with some posters we could put this thing out of reach.
Pitt may be beat up a little and emotionally exhausted. 🤞

I was watching Bama, Ga. Michigan,, Baylor, OU and on and on. These are who we have to beat if we want to be a big dog and their D's all play that way. Everybody swarms to the ball and we don't do it enough. It looks like they are thinking and not playing right now. I know we have a ways to go but D is where we have to step it up.

Not one team I was pulling for won yesterday. Wait all this time looking forward to college football and every team I hate won yesterday.

Really the only thing I learned is Pac teams suck and were overrated.

This time next week we will know what kind of team we really have, we have to handle Pitt or it could be a long season..

AR15 is exactly what we can’t stop. Mobile and accurate. I have thought Florida would be an L all off season. Florida will be an automatic L until we can actually beat them more than once every 20 years.
Mr. Vitello to LSU and Bench All The Starters with his Florida Is My Daddy take.

PAC 12 doesn't deserve to be a Power 5 Conference. Neither does the Big 12 once they lose Texas and OU. Not convinced even the ACC deserves it. There's the SEC, a bit of a drop off to the Big 10, then a huge drop off to everyone else.
New playoff should reflect that four leagues will likely get 1 team each and then BIG/SEC will split 8 spots somehow each year. Maybe every once and a while one of those other leagues will get 2 teams and we only have 7 but in general seems a fair split. Keeps everyone invested.

New playoff should reflect that four leagues will likely get 1 team each and then BIG/SEC will split 8 spots somehow each year. Maybe every once and a while one of those other leagues will get 2 teams and we only have 7 but in general seems a fair split. Keeps everyone invested.
They said it would be 6/6. Which 6 conferences get and auto qualifier? The 6 at large teams will be the highest ranked teams, outside conf. champs?

I tend to believe that if UT takes care of business next week against Pitt and Florida beats UK, you can go ahead and make plans for the Florida game to be a 3:30 ET CBS start. The only other game that could potentially get that slot is Arkansas-Texas A&M.

A&M is ranked top 10 and Arkansas top 20. Polls gonna need to love FL and Vols after next week for it to be the featured game.

Reactions: gordonr24
They said it would be 6/6. Which 6 conferences get and auto qualifier? The 6 at large teams will be the highest ranked teams, outside conf. champs?
It’s the top six ranked conf champs. So obviously pencil in the BIG/SEC champ every year and they honestly will probably get round 1 bye each year too. Then the other four spots go to other top ranked conf champs. Each of the last 8 years but 1 ACC/Big12/PAC would have gotten their champ in but 2020 and Pac wouldn’t have. Then the final spot will go to best AAC/MW/MAC/CUSA/Sun Belt team (2020 two of these would have gotten auto bids).

Then 6 spots for MOST likely the Big/SEC to split with their new 16 team power leagues.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
A&M is ranked top 10 and Arkansas top 20. Polls gonna need to love FL and Vols after next week for it to be the featured game.
It’s not about polls. TN Vs Florida pulls more eyeballs than Ark Vs A&M if all 4 are undefeated IMO. Especially considering Florida has a new media darling QB to sell to the audience.

I have a love/hate relations with the 3:30 game. Quite frankly at this point, I would prefer to not have it because the last 10 years, that game is cursed for us.

One thing that also jumped out.

Balls Tate's HB was solid, 6' 225. And, while he had a few nice runs, we held him in check - most of game.

That is encouraging for this defense.

Until I saw the stats, seemed like the Ball State RB had more yards. Pleasant surprise.

The worst part of the game was definitely the announcers. They were awful from start to finish. They were so me first, that they barely even covered the game. It was awful. Why did they get so much screen time instead of just voices with football on the screen? No other games that I have watched have done anything near that disrespectful to the teams playing. It was disgraceful.
I really hope that Dnny White takes them to task. Sorry for the rant, that evidently bothered me more than I realized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back