Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realize this but just heard it and it makes sense.

If college football implemented the NFL's clock rules, mainly not stopping the clock after first downs, over the course of a season you could eliminate roughly the equivalent of 1-2 games per season, depending on the team. That would reduce a LOT of injuries and help with these 4+ hour game windows.

I also read about a growing movement among CFB leadership/admins to allow ALL teams to practice during bowl season.

If college football implemented the NFL's clock rules, mainly not stopping the clock after first downs, over the course of a season you could eliminate roughly the equivalent of 1-2 games per season, depending on the team. That would reduce a LOT of injuries and help with these 4+ hour game windows.

I also read about a growing movement among CFB leadership/admins to allow ALL teams to practice during bowl season.
So you are saying there is evidence that fake injuries increase actual injuries and endangers player health?

Last edited:

Also, imagine if they did not allow fake injuries…..

WTF!? Watch him have a great NFL career and it turn out that incompetent coaching that killed his confidence and a mix of terrible OL play is what made him suck for us. I know it's pre-season but he never showed decisive movement like that while throwing accurately while at UT.

He just dropped back an eyed half the field and then got blasted most of his time at UT.
Well, technically, preseason NFL is just a glorified practice. And rumor was he was practice all-american.

With that said, I hope he wins a Super Bowl.

Eh, Florida is always gonna have a decent class because of in state talent. Of the 18 commits 15 are in state. You have to really suck to recruit badly at UF

The "headline" from a Florida point of view is that they are going head to head with Georgia, Alabama and Miami for almost everyone and are winning their fair share.

That wasn't happening previously.

I can't remember the last time Florida was getting their "fair share" up against Saban and Kirby.

Wasn't aware of that....was just aware that their music became worse shortly after his death. Thanks for sharing. Also, Brian Jones must have been one hell of a drug addict to be fired from a band Keith Richard Simmons was in for doing too much drugs!
They were all on drugs but it affected his ability to perform and practice so Jagger had to replace him. Richards is just pickled---he may never die :):)

G-P Who? 😆
I miss the 90's. We weren't winning titles, but we would only lose 1-2 games. 1990 should've won the title, 10-0. Lost to Alcoa 14-7 in the 2nd round, when they had Al Davis Jr. Finished that year 11-1. Shoulda won in '93-4, lost to McMinn Central when they had their once in a lifetime team, 😆. Could've won in the early 2000s. . . after they switched classes and Householder retired, it's been tough sailing.

Either way, beating G-P was always the goal.
I went to HS in the 1980s and went to Fulton in Knoxville. Seymour was really good then. Houser would run that veer and it was hard for teams to stop. Fulton was not very good when I went there. Moved to Seymour in 1998. Seymour was still good but starting to fade some. Fulton was coming into prominence. I remember the first time I went to Seymour-GP. I witnessed several fights and none were in the game, LOL.

And why exactly is that?

Multiple bubbles on the edge of collapse, yield curve inversion at a 40 year low, massive inflation, multiple other major markets either in recession already (Japan) or close (Europe), equities are still way overvalued, Russia restricting gas to Europe this winter, China, etc. It's a perfect storm.

You can't pump multiple trillions into a ZIRP driven economy and market, creating massive demand and inflated valuations, and expect nothing bad to happen.

Multiple bubbles on the edge of collapse, yield curve inversion at a 40 year low, massive inflation, multiple other major markets either in recession already (Japan) or close (Europe), equities are still way overvalued, Russia restricting gas to Europe this winter, China, etc. It's a perfect storm.

You can't pump multiple trillions into a ZIRP driven economy and market, creating massive demand and inflated valuations, and expect nothing bad to happen.
IMO we are in the middle of a dead cat bounce.

Reactions: Big Orange#1
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back