Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
These kids are playing on fields and bases that 7-8 year olds play on in most leagues. The LLWS has always been a sham and if you or your kids played any kind of travel ball you know that kids this age should be playing on larger fields.
ok.

think i'll just let my boy have fun. ***** too serious.

Reactions: almirUT
As best I understand it, UT plays a 4-2-5 base and then adds a 5th down lineman in most goal line situations.

If memory hasn't failed me, they played the "star" as a 3rd LB in short yardage situations not close to the goal line.
Yeah many teams play some form of nickel as their base defense (obviously depending on the offense). UGA obviously had linebackers that had 4.5 speed though.

Cmon man, every parent knows their kid will become an all-star pro...as long as they pay some yankoff $10,000 a year to get them there 😑
coaches are coaching long ball.🥱

i'm gonna coach mine to stand right over right side of plate, show bunt, then slap it up middle. when rounding first dont look up, head down to second, spikes up.

third? steal it.

120992A3-0F5C-4004-BE17-7CF48C53E958.gif

giphy.gif
Go to On3.com it brakes it down per recruit

These kids are playing on fields and bases that 7-8 year olds play on in most leagues. The LLWS has always been a sham and if you or your kids played any kind of travel ball you know that kids this age should be playing on larger fields.

They do have some pretty major league swings. Just a scroll through my Instagram feed shows so many awesome hitting drills. Where was this stuff when I was a kid?

I don’t know what the bases are, but the outfield fence is 225 feet, which is definitely in line with that age. I am pretty sure I played on a 200 or 225 foot field at that age. I even played on a local All-Star team that went to Nashville and played in a travel tournament and recall nothing different about that field. Went to 250 feet at 13-14 years old.

Edit: A standard LL field has 60 foot bases, which the LLWS has. Can be moved to 70 depending on the league.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back