Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah and they ignore that unbelievable TD pass he had to Tillman.

Which was one of the best TD passes we have ever seen.
He has thrown several memorable masterpieces this year despite playing very little. The long pass to Keyton against Akron (iirc) was one of the most beautiful bombs I have ever seen in a game.

I’ve been attacked on here a fair bit for my doomer takes at times, and I’ve never once taken any of it personally. I have none of you on ignore.

That said, some of y’all still mad annoying. Still better than hanging out on Reddit or Twitter though. Cheers. 🍻
You’ll take it personally and like it.

I was sitting here unable to function like a normal human after the turkey dinner and watching the football games and something really struck me. I have noticed all season long that any time we are on defense, no matter if it is a run or pass any time we make a tackle they always seem to fall forward. Very seldom do they stop them in their tracks and even less than that push them backwards.

I haven't put on the pads in over 40 some odd years but we were taught to drive your shoulder into the runner, wrap them up and drive them backwards and not arm tackle or use your head like a battering ram. Are they not taught the basics anymore or did that all go out with leather helmets......I never played with a leather helmet but I did play with the ones that had basically webbing inside with a two bar face mask and no padding and beyond that I don't ever remember my helmet coming off and we only had one chin strap.
I think that is a result of playing on your heels instead of attacking the ball carrier...and that is a result of the gameplan in some games imo.

Effort...tackling well is all effort
I'm still so irritated with the tackling @ USC. It's one thing to give 100% and get beat, but half the time we were out of position due to lack of effort. There are at least 3-4 times our players looked like they were loafing and literally just reached out and two-hand touched them as the ran by.

That's probably half of what has so many fans pissed off. Any reasonable fan understands that sometimes you just get beat, but that's ok if you obviously went 100%. It was easy to tell that many of our guys weren't full steam ahead.

Last edited:
I'm still so irritated with the tackling @ USC. It's one thing to give 100% and get beat, but half the time we were out of position due to lack of effort. There are at least 3-4 times our players looked like they were loading and laterally just reached out and two-hand touched them as the ran by.

That's probably half of what has so many fans pissed off. Any reasonable fan understands that sometimes you just get beat, but that's ok if you obviously went 100%. It was easy to tell that many of our guys weren't full steam ahead.

It was incomprehensible that so many guys were absolutely half-assing they whole game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back