Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
If TN is playing TN-Martin on SEC Network+ at 11am then it is definitely Jefferson Pilot-ish, but against LSU on ESPN is different. That will be going head to head against Fox’s best game and ESPN isn’t gonna just give that up usually.

The noon eastern ESPN game is one of ESPN’s best announcing crews and top rated games.

Not high on special teams. The defense of the onside kick was extremely poorly designed and executed both times. Based on my recollection, you have 4 blockers not watching the ball and 1 hands guy (Bru). The first kick it went straight to Bru. The second kick, he waited for the ball to come to hin instead of attacking the ball. That allowed the Florida player to split the blockers and get in front of Bru.

I'm pretty sure our blockers were outnumbered then you're just left with one guy to catch the ball against whoever gets through the block. Terrible play.

We've had some mistakes in the punt unit. Dropped punts, blocked punts. Our punt return is not a threat. Holiday is a solid returner on kickoffs though.

That was actually the plan. Let florida feel hope. Let them move down the field. Then have them feel the crushing realization that they could have won…but Tennessee didn’t let them.

Our coaches and players understand our need for demoralizing payback. 😈 The way they lost hurts so much more than losing by 10-17 points.

Isn’t it wonderful to be on this side of a game like that?

For a while now I have been asserting that there are certain schools that are going to have a huge advantage in getting the top athletes because of the money behind those schools, in particular, Texas A$M, Texas and Oklahoma, because of the oil wealth of its supporters.

I note this morning that A$M got a commitment last night from the #1 DL in this year's 2023 class, over Oregon who thought they had him, especially with Phil Knight's money. That's the 2nd year in a row that A$M got the #1 DL (we all know who last year's #1 was).

A$M may be able to buy enough talent to overcome Jimbo's stupidity..

For a while now I have been asserting that there are certain schools that are going to have a huge advantage in getting the top athletes because of the money behind those schools, in particular, Texas A$M, Texas and Oklahoma, because of the oil wealth of its supporters.

I note this morning that A$M got a commitment last night from the #1 DL in this year's 2023 class, over Oregon who thought they had him, especially with Phil Knight's money. That's the 2nd year in a row that A$M got the #1 DL (we all know who last year's #1 was).

I said this when NIL started. At some point, you would hope kids will learn that the highest offer isn’t always the best offer.

Get offered a million dollars at A&M where you may not get developed or get offered $500k at UT where Rodney Garner has developed a list of draft picks. Kids need to learn to maximize their worth.

It was Oklahoma but you point still stand and it is an excellent ine

Reactions: Smokey19rt
So the leg cramps continued well into the night. I tried to do everything I could while at work, ate bananas, some pickle juice, gatorade, stretching...couldn't seem to get any relief.

About 3AM I went to sleep on the couch so I could elevate my legs, seemed to help a bit. Wife came in there and scared the daylights out of me. So went back to bed and got out the heating pad...basically fell asleep with it on medium, probably had it on for a couple hours. This morning though seems to have done the trick.

Still a little confused what happened to cause the issue.

I said this when NIL started. At some point, you would hope kids will learn that the highest offer isn’t always the best offer.

Get offered a million dollars at A&M where you may not get developed or get offered $500k at UT where Rodney Garner has developed a list of draft picks. Kids need to learn to maximize their worth.

Risk reward calculations are in play too. That extra half a mil might be tempting knowing you are a career ending play away from your whole world changing. I don't even want to speculate on what I would do in your dilemma situation. Bird in the hand plus the prevailing "they will find you wherever you play" mantra, supported by the player introductions on Sunday complicates the logic.

In one way I think it will help the overall balance of talent when some schools will be willing to spend bigger money on a position than others. I think that is where we are on several guys, even when Spyre has the money in the bank. Player and family needs and priorities can very different, and I am not going to throw shade on them without knowing their circumstances. So some very talented guys end up places other than the top 5 when NIL was not a factor. How that impacts the remaining pool by position is TBD as they deal with the same decisions. Grew up a fan, home state hero, playing for a championship, playing time, game day experiences for the family, playing for a coach, and all the other factors are still in play too, but Where the MONEY TALKS falls in for players is more in play now than ever.

Elk and bison chili and cornbread twice this week already. 🦬 🤌🏻 I’m never leaving Montana.
Used to vacation out there a couple of times a year. Big Sky in the winter when I still could ski. Loved the country. Always had dreams of retiring out there, but alas, that's not going to happen. Wife hates the cold and snow so...:(. You're definitely in God's country there. Blessed man to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back