Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they should take off the red/green jersey or whatever color they use for the QB in practice, and just make JG live all week in practice. IMO he needs real bullets flying at him to get true game prep. Not that our defense could accurately simulate that either at this point...whatever.
laughed

If the line problems are real, and I believe they are, itā€™ll make the whole team look bad.

QBs and RBs canā€™t get better with no time to operate. Linebackers and secondary canā€™t do their jobs if the line gets zero push or pass rush.

The OL gave JG time to throw. The OL was not a reason why we lost. Poor decisions by the JG. The DL was worse.

I mentioned this morning that not having enough scrimmages could have been an issue with this team and you bring up another solid addition to that

Worst case he gets dinged up in practice and you're off the hook starting one of the kids, seasons shot anyway...best case he's better prepared and it helps him in games rest of season. Is this too simplified? What's the downside I'm missing?

JGs biggest issue is between his ears.

He has tons of arm talent.

No clue how to use.

Canā€™t throw with touch. On fires heaters no matter what the situation.

And his number 1 deficiency is not knowing how to read a DĆ©fense.

He canā€™t tell what they are running pre snap - he doesnā€™t know how to check in to a more favorable play.

If a run is called right, he wonā€™t see the box loaded up with 8 or shaded right. He wonā€™t call audible and run it left. He keeps the play and it is a loss of 2 yards.

Itā€™s 3rd and 4 and he knows the hot route is a 1 yard stem. Instead of making the read progression he takes the hot read immediately and you gain a yard and punt.

He just isnā€™t an intelligent football player let alone QB.

Put him through the whiteboard challenge and he will look like a moron.

I donā€™t like harping on the kid. But he just doesnā€™t have it.

That pretty much sums it up with a high degree of accuracy. It's not the kids fault. And you don't point it out to say "Hahaha, look at him" but it is the reality of the situation. Let him compete in one of those QB challenge games where they hit moving targets and see how far he can throw and he will look good. But that is not the way the game is played during competition. Similar to a kid that can stand out there and shoot really well from the 3pt line and would be great in a hot shots competition but put him in a live game and realize he can't run an offensive set, can't dribble, and never knows who he should be guarding on defense.

Reactions: VolGee4 and StoVol
He also had several more opportunities to step up in the pocket, take off and pick up a handful of yards.

I could not believe the INT that was called back for PI. He stared that WR down.

I am trying to simulate my QB decisions by playing Madden with my son. I didn't fare so well yesterday. I am still working at it.

The thing about CF taking the team, I can see that as temporal but he is much older now and the energy it takes to be HC I am not so sure CF could handle it.
tenor.gif

If this happens as some gimmick to fire up the fans, I'm out. I'm turning the game off before it starts.

It's Butch Jones 2.0 bullsh*t and I don't have the energy to go through that again.

We might as well, tradition ainā€™t doing us any favors right now.

No offense to fulmer being a past coach but why would we wanna go backwards?

He lost to frickin Memphis with fricking Peyton Manning and Wyoming

Last edited:
Reactions: UTSuaveā€™
3. JG has an issue taking what he can do on the practice field to a game. I know for a fact that a lot of his primary targets and reads were totally ignored for some strange reason this past weekend and he had guys wide open. I am in the camp that you give him a half to show he can handle this...if not give one of the other kids a shot just to see what happens in a game time decision. I understand why there is some hesitation there...I have seen the other two in practice and for sure they are not where JG is....IN PRACTICE.

This sounds so much like Nate Peterman. JG's a better QB on the field than Nate was for us but both were incredible practice players that couldn't put it together come game time. I know Chaney had a hand in helping Nate but at this point I don't know if he can do much for JG. I think a new environment with teams that weren't quite as fast and ready to kill him helped Peterman as much as anything else.

Reactions: UTSuaveā€™
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back