Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get it, I really do. I totally agree Pruitt needs more time.

But I have a really hard time chalking Saturday up to being blindsided. That was a shellacking from a program 10 years old. Plain and simple. We should have been able to sleepwalk to a win.

Its hard to imagine that the roster is less talented, the returning players have gone backwards, and the addition of Chaney, Tee, and Ansley have made the staff worse. BYU will help us understand Ga St better.

I don't think being blindsided is the entire issue but it played a very big part Saturday. Its one of the few ways you can lose a game you should sleep walk through and still win.

Reactions: JacketVol
I disagree. New OC, new QB coach, new WR coach, new RB coach and a new DC. The assumption is the defense "stayed the same" but the offense is all learning a new system & coach.

Also, why are we all just so convinced Georgia State is a "bad team"? Last season they were a bad team, but this is a new season. Who knows how good or bad they'll end up being, we beat ourselves more than they beat us without a doubt...but they still showed up and played their hearts out. Dismissing it as a fluke or claiming it's the "worst loss in UT history" seems a bit over the top. That 41-18 loss at Vanderbilt in Dooley's last season was worse, hell that 59-14 beatdown in Eugene Oregon in Butch's first season was worse (although at least Oregon was a top ranked team).

Honestly though for me, despite the score the worst game I've seen was 2016 losing at South Carolina coming off a bye week after Bama destroyed us....the "soft part" of the schedule laid ahead and we had beaten Florida AND Georgia, the SEC East was ours to take...Year 3, tons of upper classman on that team too.

I don't see any 2019 signees (high school or Juco) or transfers that I can remember making a huge impact on the game. I could definitely be wrong, but it's not like they had some influx of solid collegiate-level players come into their program since last year. UAB (a year or two ago), on the other hand...

He won 11 games two seasons after UAB football was resurrected.
Only because he was given a special case of being able to take like 35 or 40 scholarships. He got all grad transfers, jucos, whatever. And then he lost 19 starters this offseason and just beat a 4-7 FCS team by 5...

Maybe he's a fine coach, but wouldn't go off last season as any type of indicator.

I think they should take off the red/green jersey or whatever color they use for the QB in practice, and just make JG live all week in practice. IMO he needs real bullets flying at him to get true game prep. Not that our defense could accurately simulate that either at this point...whatever.

One more thing, I remember on tv they showed Solomon and 2 other DL sprinting.. and I mean sprinting off the field, faster than they ran on any play during the game

And I thought to myself, how much energy was expended right there? Does it really keep them fresh for later in the game when theyve done 12 forty yard sprints in addition to playing

they were cutting it so close the replacements barely had time to line up or get any adjusted calls

With the normal breaks in a game.. tv timeout, penalties, moving chains, etc... one could find more advantageous spots to substitute and save your players tanks somewhat

Back in the day guys played both ways the entire game... which made me think of Neyland
who would never do that... In that moment, the possibility that we would lose to Ga freakin State became all too real

Its hard to imagine that the roster is less talented, the returning players have gone backwards, and the addition of Chaney, Tee, and Ansley have made the staff worse. BYU will help us understand Ga St better.

I don't think being blindsided is the entire issue but it played a very big part Saturday. Its one of the few ways you can lose a game you should sleep walk through and still win.
If the line problems are real, and I believe they are, it’ll make the whole team look bad.

QBs and RBs can’t get better with no time to operate. Linebackers and secondary can’t do their jobs if the line gets zero push or pass rush.

I mentioned this morning that not having enough scrimmages could have been an issue with this team and you bring up another solid addition to that
I think they should take off the red/green jersey or whatever color they use for the QB in practice, and just make JG live all week in practice. IMO he needs real bullets flying at him to get true game prep. Not that our defense could accurately simulate that either at this point...whatever.

If I’m Chaney and Pruitt I put Crouch at RB. Practice all week with Ty, Crouch and Gray at RB. Go out there Saturday night and run it 75% of the time. Play action and force JG to throw it down the field 5-10 times and we win.

Oh and fix the damn defense.

@JeremyPruitt @JimChaney You’re welcome.

Our running game wasn't the problem Saturday.
Chandler and Gray looked good running the ball....
JABBA the dipstick OC didn't commit to the running game at all.
He looked more interested in trying to show everyone how many formations he could screw up.
NO reason whatsoever to move Crouch to RB.

Pick 5 starters on the OL and commit to the running game and play action with Chandler, Gray, and Jordan.

WE NEED LBS!

Crouch, Henry T., and Banks ALL need to concentrate on developing as LBs.

Last edited:
This Is spot on, local guys hate our coaches bc they are nothing but a bunch of little butt hurt whiny ass little bitches and love drama. That’s why they continue to blow every situation out of proportion and turn the fan base against the football program. **** those little crybaby bitches. We know we lost guys, move on, show a little positivity and maybe Tennessee caches would help you guys more you ****ing worthless morons.... Never in my life have I seen a group of writers that hate the team they write about so much. They create a toxic situation and are a problem and should all be replaced

Exactly. After the game I think Ubben tweeted something about having more access to practice or something. Kinda confirms the media agenda notion.

They can all GTFO as far as I'm concerned. The info we get here is much better IMO anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back