Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all remember when we were fretting and worrying over Bama coming after Pruitt when Saban retires?

dMWcDn3.gif
Don't forget Dooley to UGA and Butch to Michigan. Kiffin to USC actually happened and it led to the worst decade in history smh

And, though I think you are making this point, I just want to explicitly state it: Those of us who are more down than others are no less Tennessee fans than those of you who taking a more positive tone. If we ALL can agree on one thing it's this: if Tennessee football means enough to us that we are still on here cussin' and discussin' it, we bleed Orange. We all love Tennessee and are simply divergent in how this unfathomable event has affected us.

I care a whole lot. But the last 15 years have taught me that I have no control over it. I may get mad here and there while watching a game, but I am trying not to get my blood pressure up about something that I can't control. I told someone on Sunday that when I was single, this loss would have been crushing and effected me for days. It still sucks, but I have a cross country meet to attend and a friend who got terrible news about his Dad's cancer. At this point, all I can say is that I hope we improve next week, and I will watch.

My opinion is the following

4. Knox media guys should be ashamed of themselves. They are talking about stuff they don’t have a damn clue about purely because they have been shut out of getting information and access with this new staff. They are taking full advantage of this and using it against the coaching staff and ultimately against the program. Circulating rumors all to try and drive revenue and eyeballs from a crappy situation.

This Is spot on, local guys hate our coaches bc they are nothing but a bunch of little butt hurt whiny ass little bitches and love drama. That’s why they continue to blow every situation out of proportion and turn the fan base against the football program. **** those little crybaby bitches. We know we lost guys, move on, show a little positivity and maybe Tennessee caches would help you guys more you ****ing worthless morons.... Never in my life have I seen a group of writers that hate the team they write about so much. They create a toxic situation and are a problem and should all be replaced

And, though I think you are making this point, I just want to explicitly state it: Those of us who are more down than others are no less Tennessee fans than those of you who taking a more positive tone. If we ALL can agree on one thing it's this: if Tennessee football means enough to us that we are still on here cussin' and discussin' it, we bleed Orange. We all love Tennessee and are simply divergent in how this unfathomable event has affected us.

Agreed, There's no reason to question someones fanhood that has hung with the program over the last 15 years or so.

I don't see many people calling Saturday anything less than what it is and Atl Vol didn't either. The biggest difference is why and whether that can be corrected.

1. It’s one game. I don’t care if we had lost to a highschool team...it is one game in a long season. Let’s give these guys a chance to right the ship before condemning them after one lousy game. I am a Vol...no matter what the product we put on the field looks like. I will go to games and cheer and pour money into the program until the day I die..that’s what it means to bleed orange.

2. I believe what I saw last week was a team that got blindsided. They thought it was going to be a cakewalk and I think the coaches may have overlooked their opponent as well. I do not think it will happen again. Some of that is coaching and some of that is just kids wanting to win...I think people underestimate the culture that existed before the new guys got here last year. Culture as many will tell you is the hardest thing to change inside an organization and that is exactly what this is.

3. JG has an issue taking what he can do on the practice field to a game. I know for a fact that a lot of his primary targets and reads were totally ignored for some strange reason this past weekend and he had guys wide open. I am in the camp that you give him a half to show he can handle this...if not give one of the other kids a shot just to see what happens in a game time decision. I understand why there is some hesitation there...I have seen the other two in practice and for sure they are not where JG is....IN PRACTICE.

4. Knox media guys should be ashamed of themselves. They are talking about stuff they don’t have a damn clue about purely because they have been shut out of getting information and access with this new staff. They are taking full advantage of this and using it against the coaching staff and ultimately against the program. Circulating rumors all to try and drive revenue and eyeballs from a crappy situation.

5. JP isn’t going anywhere for right now...get it out of your heads. The best thing we can do is get behind this team and staff and support them for the season. It is year 2....and in theory really his year 1. Let him get his guys and lets see where the chips fall...if after another season it is not where it needs to be then we can address it. We would merely set our program back more than it already has been by having knee jerk reaction. Not to mention the fact that no half way decent coach regardless of the money would come here at this point.

I know folks are angry and that includes myself...but trying to burn folks at the stake after one terrible outing against a bad team is not going to do anyone any good.
Gonna be tough righting the ship after losing game 1 to a HS team. Looked like sabatoge at times with all the subbing. He's gonna have to prove it and steal a win back this year for people to be on board.....we gave an easy 1 away Saturday.

Reactions: Chuckie
LT - Jahmir
LG - Wanya (If Trey can’t go)
C - Kennedy
RG - Ryan J.
RT - Wright.

This needs to be the line. Keep it like that, going to be ups and downs, but let them build chemistry.
LT - Wanya Morris
LG - Trey Smith
C - Brandon Kennedy
RG - Jahmir Johnson
RT - Darnell Wright

Those are probably our 5 best / most talented. Stick with them and roll.

Sorry boys, I know some are getting the feels now because some players are stepping up now and being vocal--- and I applaud them for it and thank them... but anyone who has played sports knows that at this level, one or two guys will not change the mindset of an entire team longterm.... it is a positive progression of a certain type of culture that everyone must buy into, and I don't buy this coaching staff right now.

This type of losing/behavior/lack of effort could be explained or defended in year one, with new coaches and players on their 2-3rd coach... but this is the year everyone should be on the same page and the others have been shown the door.

I am not buying what some of you are saying now about "Pruitt said how bad this roster was" ... that is a weak ass excuse. You are getting paid millions to mold it into success. You can point in any direction and find teams with far less talent, clicking on all cylinders and kicking ass... because they are united and give a rip... We have top to bottom more raw talent on our roster than GA St., yet they were a team that had bought into what their coach was selling and truly believed they would whip us, and THEY DID. We did not rise up, face adversity, we simply rolled over, let time run out, and then went out on the strip...

The players were over-rotated, didn't know what to do or where to line up, and generally didn't give a crap... many players didn't get rips they seemed to deserve and other got reps (Kurott got plenty of reps after threatening to transfer and Simmons didn't play??? WTF)

This staff is the problem. Simply put, they are paid to develop the talent they have and create the right culture of winning in the program that makes everyone want to be a part of and buy in.... and clearly they have not done so.

I will be very interested to see what happens Saturday. I truly hope we see a different team, but history and law of averages says we probably won't, which will totally suck. This is killing recruiting and we will not get out of the ditch for another 2-3 years. Maybe the universe will feel sorry for us and light a fire under these kids and make them care about the Power T they have on their uniforms, and fight for the pride of wearing it... I don't think the staff has yet.

Edit---- JG in year 3 is one of the poorest developed QB's in the country coming out of high school with that high of a ranking... sit the kid and give someone else who cares a try...

I disagree. New OC, new QB coach, new WR coach, new RB coach and a new DC. The assumption is the defense "stayed the same" but the offense is all learning a new system & coach.

Also, why are we all just so convinced Georgia State is a "bad team"? Last season they were a bad team, but this is a new season. Who knows how good or bad they'll end up being, we beat ourselves more than they beat us without a doubt...but they still showed up and played their hearts out. Dismissing it as a fluke or claiming it's the "worst loss in UT history" seems a bit over the top. That 41-18 loss at Vanderbilt in Dooley's last season was worse, hell that 59-14 beatdown in Eugene Oregon in Butch's first season was worse (although at least Oregon was a top ranked team).

Honestly though for me, despite the score the worst game I've seen was 2016 losing at South Carolina coming off a bye week after Bama destroyed us....the "soft part" of the schedule laid ahead and we had beaten Florida AND Georgia, the SEC East was ours to take...Year 3, tons of upper classman on that team too.

Reactions: OrangenSC
This Is spot on, local guys hate our coaches bc they are nothing but a bunch of little butt hurt whiny ass little bitches and love drama. That’s why they continue to blow every situation out of proportion and turn the fan base against the football program. **** those little crybaby bitches. We know we lost guys, move on, show a little positivity and maybe Tennessee caches would help you guys more you ****ing worthless morons.... Never in my life have I seen a group of writers that hate the team they write about so much. They create a toxic situation and are a problem and should all be replaced

I honestly would ban them from seeing practice, and let the free market do it's thing. They literally have s@#$ analytical skills and write about the team like they're covering a soap opera.

LT - Wanya Morris
LG - Trey Smith
C - Brandon Kennedy
RG - Jahmir Johnson
RT - Darnell Wright

Those are probably our 5 best / most talented. Stick with them and roll.

I'd roll with this lineup if it was me and I simply wanted the "best" 5

LT - Trey Smith
LG - Jahmir Johnson
C - Brandon Kennedy
RG - Ryan Johnson
RT - Darnell Wright (unfortunately Tatum just doesn't seem to have it)

1. It’s one game. I don’t care if we had lost to a highschool team...it is one game in a long season. Let’s give these guys a chance to right the ship before condemning them after one lousy game. I am a Vol...no matter what the product we put on the field looks like. I will go to games and cheer and pour money into the program until the day I die..that’s what it means to bleed orange.

2. I believe what I saw last week was a team that got blindsided. They thought it was going to be a cakewalk and I think the coaches may have overlooked their opponent as well. I do not think it will happen again. Some of that is coaching and some of that is just kids wanting to win...I think people underestimate the culture that existed before the new guys got here last year. Culture as many will tell you is the hardest thing to change inside an organization and that is exactly what this is.

3. JG has an issue taking what he can do on the practice field to a game. I know for a fact that a lot of his primary targets and reads were totally ignored for some strange reason this past weekend and he had guys wide open. I am in the camp that you give him a half to show he can handle this...if not give one of the other kids a shot just to see what happens in a game time decision. I understand why there is some hesitation there...I have seen the other two in practice and for sure they are not where JG is....IN PRACTICE.

5. JP isn’t going anywhere for right now...get it out of your heads. The best thing we can do is get behind this team and staff and support them for the season. It is year 2....and in theory really his year 1. Let him get his guys and lets see where the chips fall...if after another season it is not where it needs to be then we can address it. We would merely set our program back more than it already has been by having knee jerk reaction. Not to mention the fact that no half way decent coach regardless of the money would come here at this point.

I know folks are angry and that includes myself...but trying to burn folks at the stake after one terrible outing against a bad team is not going to do anyone any good.

He Lives!!!!

Thanks for the info. And for confirming that Knox media doesn't deserve our support at all. I really want JP to succeed if only that it means UT Football is succeeding. I just can't fully believe that he forgot how to coach. HC is a different animal and I 100% hope he learns how to do it and the kids buy in.

Reactions: RiotVol
People are getting way too caught up in VQ. Right now, they're angry fans, with an emotional response. They're upset and venting, especially Austin.

They have been lifelong UT fans, right? Acting like they just got off the bus for the first time. SnowflakeQuest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back