Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
As sunshiney as I am... it’s over. Pruitt will never recover from yesterday’s humiliating loss. UT will take too long to make a change, recruiting will fall off a cliff, the program is basically dead. We’re less than Vandy and will be for at least 2 years after they fire this staff and hire a new one. Sucks. But our team showed no fire, neither players or coaches. Our players didn’t even know where to be or what to do. All they know is losing. And they seem to be okay with it.

Only way to fix it this season is to win the next 3 games and go on a run and shock the world. But we all know that’s not happening.

Greatest pumper of all has already turned. Says a lot.

Something else, Fulmer isn't going to fire Pruitt. He's balls deep in this. If Pruitt fails and Fulmer fires him, they're both gone and he knows that.

If he does fire him this season, I wouldn't be shocked if Phil took over.
Not sure I agree here.

Even if Pruitt continues to fall on his face I still want Fulmer here. He picked his HC, gave him all the resources he wanted and let him build the program his way. That’s exactly what you want your AD to do.

On the other hand, I’d be totally fine with Fulmer as the HC again.

Watch the games. Thats all i got.

Yea I watch the games. I wish he was better at feeling pressure and not just a one read guy but he’s way better than anything we have going for us on the other side of the ball. That group was awful and honestly hasn’t gotten one bit better under Pruitt if we look at it

Reactions: barrylee
Dave Doeren almost certainly wins that game yesterday. He's mediocre as hell but he's an actual head coach. How do we keep screwing up these coaching searches so bad?
Dooley wins that game. Almost any coach ever wins that game.

First ever head coach in the SEC and taking over a program that's been in the dumps for a while is bound to have some growing pains. Fulmer gambled that the pains would be worth it in the long run. We'll see.

At this point, I'm wondering if Pruitt is Holly Warlick-- a great assistant who's not cut out to be HC at a demanding program like UT-- or just a guy with a steep learning curve. The HC job is still too much for him and he does best when he can focus on one thing. UT has taken virtually everything but coaching off his plate and he still can't get the guys game-ready and put a prepared team on the field.

He's a hired gun-- and that comes with limitations-- but is he really invested in UT at the level he needs to be? He seems to resent spending time with donors, fans, the media and the community, and UT allows him to sidestep that part of the job whenever possible. The downside to that is he's not going to have the support he needs-- and he's going to need it.
What can Fulmer do more? Is he heavily involved in the day to day? He obviously needs to be.

I also have some of this sentiment. Continuing to fire guys ain't working. We are already at rock bottom, maybe just give him a half dozen years like Mark Stoops and see what happens. As a fan, put it in a box and check on it every now and then for progress. Idk
Pruitt isn’t killing it on the trail, but at least the guys he is bringing in have the size and speed for the SEC. Mizzou, AR, KY and even Vandy have proven that you can win in this league with a foundation of 3 stars, and Pruitt is doing a little better than that. I’m still interested in what he can do with his own players.

So many problems with yesterday’s game, so many, but it’s the 1st game of year 2. Coaches, players, the entire football program and fan base approached it like a scrimmage game and we got lit tf up. Big time, inexcusable mistake that can’t happen again, but come on. Let’s regroup. Move forward. Lots of games left to tell a different story this year.

Pruitt isn’t killing it on the trail, but at least the guys he is bringing in have the size and speed for the SEC. Mizzou, AR, KY and even Vandy have proven that you can win in this league with a foundation of 3 stars, and Pruitt is doing a little better than that. I’m still interested in what he can do with his own players.

So many problems with yesterday’s game, so many, but it’s the 1st game of year 2. Coaches, players, the entire football program and fan base approached it like a scrimmage game and we got lit tf up. Big time, inexcusable mistake that can’t happen again, but come on. Let’s regroup. Move forward. Lots of games left to tell a different story this year.
Copy and paste this post the last 3 years...

Reactions: BennesseeVols

Who is going to come here if they fire him? Coaches know this has become a career graveyard. An experienced head coach isn’t coming not unless he’s been fired somewhere else, and who wants that?

I’d rather be patient with Pruitt, Butch had 5 years and so should Pruitt.

The one thing that Saban fights more than anything in the way that he has built a program is apathy. Certainly getting great players helps, but that all starts with not being apathetic. And I reference Saban not bc I like him, but bc he’s the best to ever do it. And the reason is bc he’s never satisfied with the current state. He has not even one ounce of apathy and he won’t allow it. Bc once it settles in, how do you get rid of it? How do you make players, an administration, a fan base, a program care when you lose? It’s hard once it settles in.

The one thing that Saban fights more than anything in the way that he has built a program is apathy. Certainly getting great players helps, but that all starts with not being apathetic. And I reference Saban not bc I like him, but bc he’s the best to ever do it. And the reason is bc he’s never satisfied with the current state. He has not even one ounce of apathy and he won’t allow it. Bc once it settles in, how do you get rid of it? How do you make players, an administration, a fan base, a program care when you lose? It’s hard once it settles in.

That's why Saban is the GOAT in CFB and also why Bama will crash HARD once he leaves.

Reactions: Vols4us and Dooby15
Yesterday was the culmination of learning how to lose to Vanderbilt...the program has been steeped in mediocrity, low expectations...rebuilding, rebranding...brick by brick, opportunity is nowhere, an orange dog statue and a turnover trash can and it goes on and on and on...gimmicks on top of gimmicks. The identity of the program has become "patience" "next year" "rebuild." That's the program. That's our identity.

The foundation for the loss yesterday has been years in the making.

Who is going to come here if they fire him? Coaches know this has become a career graveyard. An experienced head coach isn’t coming not unless he’s been fired somewhere else, and who wants that?

I’d rather be patient with Pruitt, Butch had 5 years and so should Pruitt.

To be honest I’d be fine with Phil doing it 2-3 years, getting it back to 8-9 wins like butch did and then hand it over on better footing

Reactions: SoilVol
Greg Robinson was a good Mack defensive coordinator and an abject failure as a head coach. Some guys are quality assistants and no more. It doesn't mean they can't coach, it does mean they can't run a program. It is possible this is Pruitt. The cluster of guys that UT has hired as head coach since Fulmer is mind boggling.

Yesterday was the culmination of learning how to lose to Vanderbilt...the program has been steeped in mediocrity, low expectations...rebuilding, rebranding...brick by brick, opportunity is nowhere, a orange dog statue and a turnover trash can and it goes on and on and on. The identity of the program has become "patience" "next year" "rebuild." That's the program. That's our identity.

The foundation for the loss yesterday has been years in the making.

I agree. We've been flirting with a disastrous loss like that for a long time. It finally happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back