Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough.

Why would it not work though? It's not like coaches dont cycle in and put all the time, why is it just here that no matter who we bring in, they always turn to ****.?
It’s not rocket science, we are bringing in steaming piles of crap. Kiffin had a complete cluster in the NFL, Dooley had a losing record as a HC, Butch didn’t have Brian Kelly to set the table for him here, and Pruitt was a career coordinator who got turned down by Mississippi State. We fish in better waters, we’ll get better results.

That's why I'm saying we need the death penalty. And I'm only half joking. It's like there's this completely toxic mentality that permeated the team, and the younger guys are even getting swept up into it. Or maybe they are just afraid to truly step up because they're underclassmen and the older guys are like "lol what are you trying so hard for bruh? We're Tennessee, we suck, we're supposed to lose"
It is rotten to the core...The UT administrations much rumored agenda to drive down expectations and de-emphasize the football program has been far more successful than I believe they intended.

It pains me to say this because I’ve gave so much to this University and this may be the crown talking but if this season goes south, it could be the end of UT football for the foreseeable future. And I’m talking like 10-20 years.

We are so behind the 8-ball rite now and its so disheartening to see what we produced, or lack there of, on the field today.

It pains me to say this because I’ve gave so much to this University and this may be the crown talking but if this season goes south, it could be the end of UT football for the foreseeable future. And I’m talking like 10-20 years.

We are so behind the 8-ball rite now and its so disheartening to see what we produced, or lack there of, on the field today.
It’s already the end man. It’s been the end for years. What’s up with the coaching **** show behind the scenes?

Reactions: MetalVolunteer

Tennessee football died a long time ago. I'm excited about the basketball program though

Reactions: JacketVol

Why has none of this come out until today? People are talking like they have known this all year, but there hasn’t been anything but optimism flowing this whole offseason (except LWS).

My son thinks this team sucks. I do too. Said we can just watch basketball and he knows about a handicapped kid Pruitt knew about and ignored doing something for. A few of us boosters have got it taken care of with a skybox ticket ect.

I was going to judge him by results on the field. He has failed. This looks like three years without a bowl and my son doesn’t care about this team. Looking at pulling out and just supporting basketball. I hate Pruitt and he’s just an ignorant piece of Rainsville Alabama trash who isn’t intelligent enough to run a SEC program. He will fail here and I, like Larry feel I will never see this football team will ever see success. Better win Jeremy or your Bama azz is history.

It’s already the end man. It’s been the end for years. What’s up with the coaching **** show behind the scenes?

I havent heard any of that. Seems like they all get along, don’t know about behind doors. A lot of that stuff is hush hush with this staff.

But they have got to get it together or the fan base is gonna check out. There was entire sections empty today. They announce 85k and it was closer to 60k. It’s sad to see what has happened to TN. Other schools have bounced back and got back to prominence but TN just continues to drift off into the unknown.

I don’t know if they will ever get back to being dominant again. Too much to overcome rite now

Why has none of this come out until today? People are talking like they have known this all year, but there hasn’t been anything but optimism flowing this whole offseason (except LWS).
And that's why I'll just judge the coaching from results alone. Which looks really bad enough mind you but I'm always suspicious of sudden outpouring of information after a loss.
You would think 1 or 2 of these things would've come up sometime in the last year and half.

I havent heard any of that. Seems like they all get along, don’t know about behind doors. A lot of that stuff is hush hush with this staff.

But they have got to get it together or the fan base is gonna check out. There was entire sections empty today. They announce 85k and it was closer to 60k. It’s sad to see what has happened to TN. Other schools have bounced back and got back to prominence but TN just continues to drift off into the unknown.

I don’t know if they will ever get back to being dominant again. Too much to overcome rite now
Fan based checked out for good today. Don’t know how to salvage it at this point.

It’s not rocket science, we are bringing in steaming piles of crap. Kiffin had a complete cluster in the NFL, Dooley had a losing record as a HC, Butch didn’t have Brian Kelly to set the table for him here, and Pruitt was a career coordinator who got turned down by Mississippi State. We fish in better waters, we’ll get better results.
Except apparently it is because we also bring in dudes like Shoop, Tee Martin, and this entire staff full of highly regarded recruiters and coaches and to a man, they just magically become garbage. Then when they leave, they are miraculously good again. Our head coaches have been doo doo but our coordinators haven't and yet, here we are. Again.

It just has this air of inevitability at this point and that (to me) is by far the most frustrating part about all this. It feels like no matter how much money we spend, what changes we make, who we bring in, or what we do we are just stuck in this endless cycle of ineptitude that for whatever reason, we are incapable of breaking out of. I have NEVER been so frustrated about sports in my entire life.

I posted this elsewhere but you know the worst part about today was? I had to sleep through most of the game because I work at night. I woke up around 5:20 and when I rolled over and pulled up the score, you know what I felt? Not anger or irritation or sadness. Apathy. I just didn't care. In fact, I half expected it because deep down, I know that following this team is just going to be one kick in the nuts after the other. So I just got out of bed and went on with my business. That is where we're at (or at least I am at) as followers of one of the proudest, most storied programs in the country. Seeing us losing 28-23 to Georgia State and just not being able to give a ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back