Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to look back two or three years from now while we’re in the SEC championship game saying, “Hey, remember when when we lost to GA state” . I just don’t see that happening.

Not going to see this happen until JG is gone. Guy is terrible.

I really think there's less of a gap between G5 and P5 teams than ever. Even FCS and P5 to some degree. It's getting more and more difficult for the non-elite programs to just roll over those teams. Coaches probably don't spend a ton of time gameplanning for them because they would rather use it to gameplan for more "important" games. And the players don't take those games as seriously either. Meanwhile, the lesser teams are fired up and treat it like their Super Bowl.

I think offensive schemes have helped a lot. A good scheme and a running QB can equalize a lot. Wyoming's qb ran all over mizzou. Ga St's guy both ran and passed.

One thing that has seemed to give pruitt trouble even going back to facing watson at bama and dobbs at uga, is a good running qb. I think maybe he wants to be so aggressive it bites him.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
Hopefully JG was watching true freshman Nix to see what it’s like to put your body on the line to get a first down. Nix comeback and will to win was very Bailey-ish.

Everybody looked more shell-shocked than shamed. Need more team leadership.

I’m not one to ever down a player or team, leadership starts at the top. Yes, I know, the coaches are the true leaders, but the players also need peer leadership within the ranks. There wasn’t any today on the sidelines.

Whelp, I was so excited for this season. We weren't even being extremely homerish as a fanbase. The vast majority of us were saying 7 wins. Some random 6's and 8's, but even they truly thought 7 was a chance for reality. Now, my excitement is gone. It's frustration. Frustration that my college football season is most likely going to be very unexciting, depressing, shameful and honestly not wanting to watch it which then affects my desire to watch football at all. And here I thought I was being reasonable with my prediction.

The Vol Navy caught on fire and a boat sunk pre-game, a band member fainted on the field at halftime and was marched over, and Georgia State hands us the worst loss in program history.

UT is in a special circle of Hell.

I was amazed at how long the band member was down before they got to him. That will definitely be addressed.

I’m just shell shocked at how bad we looked. If we don’t do something drastically we could have the worse season in UT history. It was that bad. I’ve never heard Neyland that quite.

There was literally no emotion on the sideline, just like they had their minds somewhere else and looked to be OK with what was happening.

Not one leader stepped up and chewed Ass on the sideline. NOT ONE.

Maybe it’s something in the water........

So Auburn can trust a freshman. UGA could trust a freshman a couple of seasons back. But, not UT?

It's time to make the move.
Did you see the Spring game or nah? Or maybe trust our coaches. I don't there's even a worthwhile battle. Maurer hasnt even passed jt shrout...cmon.

The backup qb is always the favorite qb, but rarely better.

I was amazed at how long the band member was down before they got to him. That will definitely be addressed.

I’m just shell shocked at how bad we looked. If we don’t do something drastically we could have the worse season in UT history. It was that bad. I’ve never heard Neyland that quite.

There was literally no emotion on the sideline, just like they had their minds somewhere else and looked to be OK with what was happening.

Should have known when we kept hearing that practices were dead silent.

Seen this before. If it continues this program is done.

I think offensive schemes have helped a lot. A good scheme and a running QB can equalize a lot. Wyoming's qb ran all over mizzou. Ga St's guy both ran and passed.

One thing that has seemed to give pruitt trouble even going back to facing watson at bama and dobbs at uga, is a good running qb. I think maybe he wants to be so aggressive it bites him.

That’s one thing that concerns me about Chaney and Pruitt. They are used to winning with superior talent and not having to scheme. Heck ain’t could have called UGA plays with their talent and been successful.

That being said no excuse for today. Got manhandled by a bad JV team.

Everyone running to the line, shaking waiting for the ball to snap.
We looked like people walking into a job they hate.
Yup don't ever look like theyre having fun. Look tight and overthinking. Maybe need to simplify things for now so they can just play faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back