Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay? All I said was that they aren't as tough as what WVU was last year. They also weren't very good. Which of their wins after he took over impressed you? Was it Umass or New Mexico State? Point is, they are a mediocre team. A team that we should beat at home. If we can't beat BYU, then Larry is right and we're going 5-7 or worse

Yes, we should. I just don't agree with your statement they are not good. Simple as that.

They don't. I brought up the differences between this year and last years schedule. I said that WVU was much tougher last year than BYU is this year. I never compared the two teams other than that. So I'm not sure what point you're trying to make but have fun with it anyway.
Okay man, thanks for the well wishes!

All that said, Vols 31-20 over BYU.

Going to Nashville this weekend..........is it true I can ride uber scooter and get drunk downtown? K thanx

Not really.

You can def drive scooters but you can’t, or aren’t allowed, to bring them on Broadway. And don’t let the cops see you drunk on them. Also, all of the scooters stop working at like 8 or 9 PM.

Reactions: BearCat204
BYU should be a competitive game that will be a good warm-up for SEC play. It'll be a litmus test for the lines and give the young guys some quality reps. It won't be a bad thing for the Vols to get pushed around some. They'll get pushed around a lot harder in the SEC, so the sooner the young guys learn to deal with adversity, the better.

I can't stand those things.

They have their time and place, but anywhere near Broadway is not it, especially with the amount of drunk people down there.

I’ve used them to get around Midtown and at my work by Lafayette and I love them for that, but they do more harm then good. I’m fine with them being outlawed.

Haha all good man, you do you. I’m all about critique and constructive criticism, especially from people who know what they’re talking about. There’s just a difference between that and a mob of trolls crushing someone. You’re right about it being fair game - just not nice game. But hey that’s kinda what anonymous boards are for so 🤷‍♂️

I’m just trying to put a good vibe or two out in the world. Different perspective based off different experiences 😎
He's not a douche because of his bad artwork. He's a douche who also tries art. There's a difference.

BYU should be a competitive game that will be a good warm-up for SEC play. It'll be a litmus test for the lines and give the young guys some quality reps. It won't be a bad thing for the Vols to get pushed around some. They'll get pushed around a lot harder in the SEC, so the sooner the young guys learn to deal with adversity, the better.

Agreed. BYU will certainly bully us at times. Need the skill players to create big advantages.

Council voted against the mayor. They are still here, just more rules for the companies to follow now

Got ya. We rode them home late at night through a neighborhood out from West End. Can definitely see how people crash on them. Not the sturdiest.

I still want a OneWheel though just to get from home to other side of downtown in a hurry up and down the hills.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
Tennessee continued its prep for Georgia State on Tuesday, working outside in some warmer weather for the first time in several days.

It was lots of install and scheme work during the two open periods. Here are some quick observations from Tuesday’s practice…

Freshman cornerback Warren Burrell remains in line to start at cornerback opposite Alontae Taylor. Shawn Shamburger was again working as the first-team star. The secondary was working on some zone-blitz packages while we were out there.

Another freshman slated to start Saturday is linebacker Henry To’oto’o. With Daniel Bituli out (knee clean-up), No. 11 was again paired with Will Ignont. The backups today were Shanon Reid and Aaron Beasley while Jeremy Banks was working with Solon Page. JJ Peterson might’ve taken a rep later in the drill but the two minutes I was out there I didn’t see one. Banks spent every post-rep talking with analyst Kevin Simon.

With scout team work in full effect, freshman tackle Elijah Simmons was mimicking GSU nose guard Dontae Wilson, who Jeremy Pruitt gave a shoutout to on Monday. Kingston Harris was also giving a scout team look as GSU end Terry Thomas.

The trio of Darel Middleton, Latrell Bumphus and John Mincey were back with the outside linebackers today. Sans Simmons and Harris, the defensive lineman working with Tracy Rocker were Kurott Garland, Savion Williams, Aubrey Solomon, Greg Emerson, Matthew Butler and Ja’Quain Blakely.

During individual drills, Solomon was running first. During line drills, he was with Butler and Emerson.

The offensive line shuffled at least six combinations in the few minutes we were out there. At one point, Ollie Lane was working with the rest of the first-team as the right guard. Jahmir Johnson got a few reps today. The tackle combos were usually Wanya Morris and Marcus Tatum and Johnson and Darnell Wright. Jerome Carvin got a lot of reps at center, including with the supposed 1s. Trey Smith also took several reps.

I didn’t see much of the quarterbacks today but JT Shrout took the first reps at Jarrett Guarantano. Brian Maurer was running third. The tailback rotation was as expected: Ty Chandler, Tim Jordan, Eric Gray and Carlin Fils-Aime.

During the routes on air period, Ramel Keyton continues to make a move, running second behind Marquez Callaway today.

- Simonton

Rolled some dice to see how many wins we'd get this year I got...
5582b07d-b54e-4cad-b07e-0284f95c6b69_text_hi.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back