Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, tbf, I'm a fan and hoped we would beat them. I also thought we would be better in year 1 than we were. I wrongfully believed that we had more talent than we did. Will Grier dominated us that game.

But with BYU, I didn't say they were overrated, I said they aren't good. They were embarrassed by Utah State last year and also lost to Northern Illinois. They aren't good.
(in my best impression of the character Saul): They beat Wisconsin's ass
1566937102712.jpeg

Reactions: TheMagnificantOne
Just heard a crazy stat. Ohio state, since they hired urban, has only lost 1 start on the offensive line due to injury. 1 start in 2017.

Just called and chewed azz at channel 5 news about their irresponsibility running that piece with a young man who hasn’t been given his day and how it’s an important issue but unfair to him when he hasn’t even had his day in court yet. Asked them to consider Norton at Georgia who could’ve killed someone while driving drunk. They were irresponsible and unfair to do it the way they did.

Who did you talk to?

Reactions: RiotVol
Been down so long, folks scared of expecting results.

@LA Vol you hear stuff from the program, do I need to temper my 7 win expectations? Be blunt with me.

No panicking until October. We have the right to remain optimistic, supportive, calm and open-minded without threat of ridicule until at least the Florida game. It's in the VFL Bill of Rights.

The only appropriate response from you to my post would have been, "BYU ain't sh!t"

UnequaledSkinnyCoot-small.gif

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
True, but one win is impressive I guess, but they had bad losses last year. Point is they aren't as good as what WVU was. I think we should beat them.
No one has said they are WVU, something like a ranked preseason team. Only that they are a decent team, capable of pulling off the upset. They didn't start their stud QB until midway through the season. From there they played 2 strong teams, #23 Boise St and Utah. Lost one by 5 and the other by 8. I just don't see them as a team that is not good. They appear quite capable.

Just heard a crazy stat. Ohio state, since they hired urban, has only lost 1 start on the offensive line due to injury. 1 start in 2017.
That's unreal.

UGA only had 1 lost start going into the playoffs a coupke years ago. Meanwhile we led the country in lost starts. Can't be underemphasized.

That said, this year looks great so far outside of 1 season ender in Gooden. Just reeeal unlucky it was a starter and not a 4th stringer.

No one has said they are WVU, something like a ranked preseason team. Only that they are a decent team, capable of pulling off the upset. They didn't start their stud QB until midway through the season. From there they played 2 strong teams, #23 Boise St and Utah. Lost one by 5 and the other by 8. I just don't see them as a team that is not good. They appear quite capable.
Okay? All I said was that they aren't as tough as what WVU was last year. They also weren't very good. Which of their wins after he took over impressed you? Was it Umass or New Mexico State? Point is, they are a mediocre team. A team that we should beat at home. If we can't beat BYU, then Larry is right and we're going 5-7 or worse

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I don’t care to pull up all the quotes but I feel like you’re contradicting your post earlier.

WVU and BYU have nothing to do with one another.
They don't. I brought up the differences between this year and last years schedule. I said that WVU was much tougher last year than BYU is this year. I never compared the two teams other than that. So I'm not sure what point you're trying to make but have fun with it anyway.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back