Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now school property is considered a person, and you are charged for domestic assault if you damage it?

You don't get charged with domestic assault in Tennessee without (1) being determined to be the primary aggressor and (2) there being an allegation + physical evidence that an assault occurred.

Reactions: AaronUT
This damn sure would have been swept under the rug at UGA and Bama. We did the same in the 90’s and early 2,000’s. Time to get back to that for petty bs like this.

Even if a kindergartner says “I’m gonna shoot up the school,” then it’s protocol at most institutions these days to order a threat assessment, make higher level administrators aware, and conduct a full investigation. Hopefully a thorough investigation will reveal that there was nothing to this, but you can’t expect any kind of determination right away. Sadly, we live in a day and age where if even one person under questionable circumstances reports hearing something like this, it cannot just be dismissed out of hand. Nor should it be.

Even if a kindergartner says “I’m gonna shoot up the school,” then it’s protocol at most institutions these days to order a threat assessment, make higher level administrators aware, and conduct a full investigation. Hopefully a thorough investigation will reveal that there was nothing to this. But sadly, we live in a day and age where if even one person under questionable circumstances reports hearing something like this, it cannot just be dismissed out of hand. Nor should it be.

Pretty sure the kids in Anderson county only got probation for their threats I may or may not be wrong.

So on a different subject... Florida's performance against Miami reminded me of our performance against App St. There's something off with their entire team. Franks was awful but he's not the only problem they have, and much like we were then, they are very much overrated. Doesn't mean they won't still beat some good teams (we did that year) but they're vulnerable and I won't be surprised if they drop games they should win.

Even if a kindergartner says “I’m gonna shoot up the school,” then it’s protocol at most institutions these days to order a threat assessment, make higher level administrators aware, and conduct a full investigation. Hopefully a thorough investigation will reveal that there was nothing to this, but you can’t expect any kind of determination right away. Sadly, we live in a day and age where if even one person under questionable circumstances reports hearing something like this, it cannot just be dismissed out of hand. Nor should it be.

Yep

So you really are a media member. Hmmmm
No, but what I know is that most media guys are going to report what they know either way so 100 Vol fans jumping in their mentions telling them they suck only amplifies the message and makes us look nuts.

Let it die down. We won’t hear about it again once the game start.

This incident will be a good barometer for the overall UTAD leadership influence.

If charges are dropped, but the academic side pursues an investigation into the “shoot” comments, then we’re still where we’ve been for a decade. UTAD doesn’t have enough shade to throw around. BT is likely gone because he makes other students feel unsafe.

If charges are dropped, and not much is made of the uncorroborated comments, then we’re back baby Fulmer Cup here we come. BT stays.

If charges aren’t dropped then ???????
Quit calling it the Fulmer Cup. That is a total BS made up thing that had no foundation in fact.

Pretty sure the kids in Anderson county only got probation for their threats I may or may not be wrong.

I’m not familiar with that story, but I’d bet that issue was not resolved until an investigation was conducted and other protocol was followed. I would be surprised if all that took place in less than 24 or 48 hours. And I would just about bet those individuals were suspended until the investigation was complete.

One thing that makes me feel better is Pruitt obviously cares about the kids. You really see that in how he handles the transfer process. He’s not going to just make a knee-jerk decision and kick Bryce off the team without sufficient evidence just to “appease” the media. Now if he does get kicked off / suspended by Pruitt, I’ll be ok with that. If there’s actual evidence that he deserves dismissal then by all means do it.

That said, my biggest worry is that the university is willing to do wrong by Bryce and dismiss him based on hearsay just to get the spotlight off their backs.

Also, sadly, when it is not dismissed immediately, the person is considered guilty, and media people send out Tweets demanding they are dismissed from the team and thrown out of the university.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back