Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to go in on this before you tagged me, but here goes anyways.

@Ulysees E. McGill is not straight from the choir to the pulpit. My man has lived wild in every way a young idiot thinks he should live. He’s done every drug in every way, had women by the handfuls and failed at many things.

Somehow, in the midst of this, the man finds faith and turns corners many never return from. He moves to the back corners of Kentucky with serpent handlers and OxyContin running through back hollers to try to improve the lives of others.

This is not your preacher’s preacher. This is a fella who is redeemed, but rough around the edges. I’ve known many who talk a beautiful spiritual game and are shocking in their true character. These are the hypocrites people love to despise. I’m more comfortable with the broken who know they are broken, and building community in the midst of shared weakness rather than bluffed mirages of strength, because I know myself too well.

I don’t know Ulysses, but if anything, he models the authenticity people wish Christians would show, and then wag their fingers when they see it. He loses his temper, says things he knows he shouldn’t say, and I’m sure regrets those things in moments of reflection. He is not perfect, and neither I, nor he would excuse him when he is a poor reflection of the faith that he proclaims, but he is a genuine soul, and the type of person I bet would lay down on the wire for a man... even if he may cuss him a bit for tripping it to begin with.

I may be a bit better at holding my public image, but not for a second do I claim spiritual high ground. I’m content to stand with him or any of you I can call my brother or sister on level ground in humility

Goodnight folks. I’ll have to see if any of that made sense in the morning
That actually made me cry..no joke. Thanks brother, I think you know me pretty well.

@Ulysees E. McGill is not straight from the choir to the pulpit. My man has lived wild in every way a young idiot thinks he should live. He’s done every drug in every way, had women by the handfuls and failed at many things.

Somehow, in the midst of this, the man finds faith and turns corners many never return from. He moves to the back corners of Kentucky with serpent handlers and OxyContin running through back hollers to try to improve the lives of others.

This is not your preacher’s preacher. This is a fella who is redeemed, but rough around the edges. I’ve known many who talk a beautiful spiritual game and are shocking in their true character. These are the hypocrites people love to despise. I’m more comfortable with the broken who know they are broken, and building community in the midst of shared weakness rather than bluffed mirages of strength, because I know myself too well.

I don’t know Ulysses, but if anything, he models the authenticity people wish Christians would show, and then wag their fingers when they see it. He loses his temper, says things he knows he shouldn’t say, and I’m sure regrets those things in moments of reflection. He is not perfect, and neither I, nor he would excuse him when he is a poor reflection of the faith that he proclaims, but he is a genuine soul, and the type of person I bet would lay down on the wire for a man... even if he may cuss him a bit for tripping it to begin with.

I may be a bit better at holding my public image, but not for a second do I claim spiritual high ground. I’m content to stand with him or any of you I can call my brother or sister on level ground in humility

Sounds like my kinda preacher!

So not only is it the hottest day in Memphis this year. We had a 30 second storm and now the power is out. FML
Oh, no! Our lights blinked on and off a few times. A tree usually knocks lines down here everytime it storms so I was expecting it. Up here in the higher elevation it's nowhere near that hot, but I was dreading it. Hope they get it back on quickly.

Beautiful. I am literally crying. Anyone who has been redeemed and is aware of their failures can truly appreciate that, and I wish I knew more like you and McGill.

Chatter on multiple Mississippi State message boards that multiple players are involved in a NCAA investigation. There's some saying that the football team is likely to lose multiple guys for at least 4 weeks and in some cases up to 8 weeks, including projected starters. Apparently the issue is similar to the issue faced by Missouri and involves tutors. They seem to be expecting the story to break within the next week. MSU is thought to have offered a package of "self-imposed punishments" in order to try to make the NCAA go away. They're not sure when to expect to hear back from the committee.

Is Ronald getting to 40 homers and 40 stolen bases?? First non-juiced player.

Non-juiced, before the age of 21!!

Even more impressive, threw out a runner trying to score with a 99.1 mph laser from left field !!!

Glad I am a Braves fan and will be watching this kid for a while.....WOW !!!

Man. Ronald, Albies, who’s been tearing it up, Swansy if he can keep up what he did in the first half, Riley if gets it together and is the future 3B, add Pache and Waters to the OF at some point. Soroka, Fried, Anderson, ?? Figure the bullpen out!?
They need to completely revamp the bullpen. They all suck and are inconsistent. We all thought landing Green would be huge as a closer...he sucks worst of all. I’m not sure he has pitched a single game yet where he hasn’t given up at least one run.

Don't care, this is how I'm picturing To'oto'o for at least another week.

View attachment 217860

After Simonton comment on Monday podcast, this is how I picture Roman Harrison on special teams. He said from what he has heard Harrison is going to knock the piss out of somebody on special teams. Probably will get some penalties early on in his career from just destroying someone on a return

Chatter on multiple Mississippi State message boards that multiple players are involved in a NCAA investigation. There's some saying that the football team is likely to lose multiple guys for at least 4 weeks and in some cases up to 8 weeks, including projected starters. Apparently the issue is similar to the issue faced by Missouri and involves tutors. They seem to be expecting the story to break within the next week. MSU is thought to have offered a package of "self-imposed punishments" in order to try to make the NCAA go away. They're not sure when to expect to hear back from the committee.

Ohhhhh boy... Ole Miss strikes back.

It’s like Northern Ireland down here. They have been fighting so long they forgot what the original beef was all about.

On Chaney coaching up the OL yesterday...

I don't think it's a comment on Friend at all. I think it's a case of Chaney trying to be hands on and trying to coach up his perceived weakest link on offense.

He said last week that he doesn't think you can coach around a weak offensive line and I think his emphasis this week is a reflection of that opinion.

I don't think people would be freaking out about Wienke if Chaney was riding the QBs hard, same for Martin if he yelled at some wideouts.

He's getting paid a boatload of money to do more than just call plays on Saturday.

-Rob Lewis

I would go to this man's church because that preaches like a National Champion. If this old fart could do gifs, then I would post one with applause. That is awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back