Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah..you're right. Momentary train of thought post, it was a lapse, and I didn't mean to start a argument...

On the other hand..no need to be a complete dickhead about it..

If you are indeed a preacher and you use language like that then people will call you out for it. It’s just reality. “Thou art the man.”

If your having a bad day abd want to end it on a real Downer... The ut/bama game from last year is on secn.

I have never acted sanctimonious, or put on like I am perfect. The only reason anybody here knows that about me is because I have shared my experiences a few times to try and help people.

I am a regular guy, just a big ol redneck country boy that is trying my best to make it, and help as many as I can along the way. I often wish that I had never let that be known on VN, but if I have ever helped anyone then it is worth it. I just use the ignore feature on anybody that throws it at me now. I wish I was more like @nicksjuzunk sometimes, but I'm not...I'm just me.

Now the FF, different story. They've already fired Friend 3 times in the practice thread and hired Pittman.

Haha Butchna got called out for defending Friend over there but it was deleted, I think before he read it.
Guy has managed to be the "hater" and the "fanboy" on the same subject. I did that once talking about JG, took it as a compliment to unbias.
And over in the FF, never ever compare anybody or any thing to any aspect of the '98 NC team, because no thing could ever be anything like that band of the holy grail.

I have never acted sanctimonious, or put on like I am perfect. The only reason anybody here knows that about me is because I have shared my experiences a few times to try and help people.

I am a regular guy, just a big ol redneck country boy that is trying my best to make it, and help as many as I can along the way. I often wish that I had never let that be known on VN, but if I have ever helped anyone then it is worth it. I just use the ignore feature on anybody that throws it at me now. I wish I was more like @nicksjuzunk sometimes, but I'm not...I'm just me.

I was going to go in on this before you tagged me, but here goes anyways.

@Ulysees E. McGill is not straight from the choir to the pulpit. My man has lived wild in every way a young idiot thinks he should live. He’s done every drug in every way, had women by the handfuls and failed at many things.

Somehow, in the midst of this, the man finds faith and turns corners many never return from. He moves to the back corners of Kentucky with serpent handlers and OxyContin running through back hollers to try to improve the lives of others.

This is not your preacher’s preacher. This is a fella who is redeemed, but rough around the edges. I’ve known many who talk a beautiful spiritual game and are shocking in their true character. These are the hypocrites people love to despise. I’m more comfortable with the broken who know they are broken, and building community in the midst of shared weakness rather than bluffed mirages of strength, because I know myself too well.

I don’t know Ulysses, but if anything, he models the authenticity people wish Christians would show, and then wag their fingers when they see it. He loses his temper, says things he knows he shouldn’t say, and I’m sure regrets those things in moments of reflection. He is not perfect, and neither I, nor he would excuse him when he is a poor reflection of the faith that he proclaims, but he is a genuine soul, and the type of person I bet would lay down on the wire for a man... even if he may cuss him a bit for tripping it to begin with.

I may be a bit better at holding my public image, but not for a second do I claim spiritual high ground. I’m content to stand with him or any of you I can call my brother or sister on level ground in humility

Goodnight folks. I’ll have to see if any of that made sense in the morning

I was going to go in on this before you tagged me, but here goes anyways.

@Ulysees E. McGill is not straight from the choir to the pulpit. My man has lived wild in every way a young idiot thinks he should live. He’s done every drug in every way, had women by the handfuls and failed at many things.

Somehow, in the midst of this, the man finds faith and turns corners many never return from. He moves to the back corners of Kentucky with serpent handlers and OxyContin running through back hollers to try to improve the lives of others.

This is not your preacher’s preacher. This is a fella who is redeemed, but rough around the edges. I’ve known many who talk a beautiful spiritual game and are shocking in their true character. These are the hypocrites people love to despise. I’m more comfortable with the broken who know they are broken, and building community in the midst of shared weakness rather than bluffed mirages of strength, because I know myself too well.

I don’t know Ulysses, but if anything, he models the authenticity people wish Christians would show, and then wag their fingers when they see it. He loses his temper, says things he knows he shouldn’t say, and I’m sure regrets those things in moments of reflection. He is not perfect, and neither I, nor he would excuse him when he is a poor reflection of the faith that he proclaims, but he is a genuine soul, and the type of person I bet would lay down on the wire for a man... even if he may cuss him a bit for tripping it to begin with.

I may be a bit better at holding my public image, but not for a second do I claim spiritual high ground. I’m content to stand with him or any of you I can call my brother or sister on level ground in humility

Goodnight folks. I’ll have to see if any of that made sense in the morning
Only 1 appropriate response

1565747691646.gif

You don’t owe anybody apologies...cept Jack. Our Secretary of Personal Standards and the Treasurer of our Theology department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back