Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deezie’s closed down. Jefferson’s has the best wings in town.
Not true if you like BBQ wings. Slick Pig is the best. The wings are so tender you’ll catch yourself eating part of the bone and not even know it. The cook gets there long before most people wake up and starts smoking everything. When I was at MTSU, if you took a late lunch there then the wings would be sold out

Reactions: Dirty Vol
Not true if you like BBQ wings. Slick Pig is the best. The wings are so tender you’ll catch yourself eating part of the bone and not even know it. The cook gets there long before most people wake up and starts smoking everything. When I was at MTSU, if you took a late lunch there then the wings would be sold out
YES!!! I love Slick Pig! You ever have a big party, do yourself a favor and order 150 of their smoked wings. They are a must at our get togethers now.
Also heard Slick Pig is expanding to Smyrna in the near future.

247 is jacking around with the rankings right now. They're both 5 stars again.
Weird, but I was about to say, dropping those guys from 5 stars would be dumb.

edit: They're still showing up as 4 stars on 247's rankings, not composite: 2020 Top Football Recruits: 2020 Top Football Recruits
But it actually looks like they have been 4 stars on 247 for a while, so I'm not sure what to think there.

I kinda wish the "star" system didnt exist. It would take some pressure off coaches to try to please the fans. Although, I don't believe CJP gives a chit about stars or what the fans think -- which is a good thing.
It probably wouldn't exist if fans didnt eat it up and spend money on subscriptions

Any other East Nashville or downtown Nashville food suggestions.
In East
Pizza- 5 points, check out Slim n Husky’s in North Nash too.
Burger- Everyone will say Pharmacy but try Riverside Grillshack or Dino’s
Sammich- Mitchell’s is a MUST
Tacos- Mas Tacos or head to South Nashville area for street tacos.
Breakfast- Marche
Beer- Southern Grist

Also check out Lockeland and Margot.

Also, find your way to Arnold’s near downtown at some point.

In East
Pizza- 5 points, check out Slim n Husky’s in North Nash too.
Burger- Everyone will say Pharmacy but try Riverside Grillshack or Dino’s
Sammich- Mitchell’s is a MUST
Tacos- Mas Tacos or head to South Nashville area for street tacos.
Breakfast- Marche
Beer- Southern Grist

Also check out Lockeland and Margot.

Also, find your way to Arnold’s near downtown at some point.

Man I miss The brisket sandwich at Mitchell’s. Used to go there all the time when I lived on that side and now I hardly get there.

Reactions: JacketVol
Yeah, double checked this morning and then talked to mom. She said a friend pushed for early testing and I was admitted earlier.
Don't know if it varies by county or if it was because it was a hundred yrs ago (feels like anyway) but at least I wasn't crazy. I did start at 4 and was between 1 and 2 yrs younger than everyone else growing up.
My wife was the same with an early sort bday, and our youngest son is as well with an August bday.
He was in a transitional class for pre k at 4, ans they decided he was too advanced for that and put him in K half way thru the year at 4. So he is a year younger than everyone in his grade, 2 years younger than some.
Didn’t really think it out at the time, we were “oh our kid is smart as ****...”lmao.
Now, not so much, he’s struggling mentally in class. Athletically, he’s doing just fine, and better than majority of kids a year older or more. I have to wonder how good he’d be if he was the same age?!?

My wife was the same with an early sort bday, and our youngest son is as well with an August bday.
He was in a transitional class for pre k at 4, ans they decided he was too advanced for that and put him in K half way thru the year at 4. So he is a year younger than everyone in his grade, 2 years younger than some.
Didn’t really think it out at the time, we were “oh our kid is smart as ****...”lmao.
Now, not so much, he’s struggling mentally in class. Athletically, he’s doing just fine, and better than majority of kids a year older or more. I have to wonder how good he’d be if he was the same age?!?
Yes, my daughter did as well as the kids a year older, but we always wondered how well she could have done with kids her age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back