Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
is this bagel guy for real ? Is it the same shop he goes into every time or does he pick a different one every day to have a melt down in ? I maybe a party pooper, but I feel like this is staged. Am I wrong here ?

Two selfish players wanting to play Heroball on the same team. And for anyone saying Westbrook gets 10 assists every other game, yeah, he accumulates all those assists in the first half to get them out of the way. You see tweets like this 20 times a year:

And Harden only has a beard because he needs something to hide his stupid face. And adidas sucks. And neither of them ain't got no style.

idk, idc, I hate them both. GnG go f***in' Grizz

Yeah, they are both elite 1on1 players, which is just cannibalization at that point. I'd rather match 1 with an elite defender or big man.

Should be fun for fans though. I'd get season tix for the Rocks.

This is a QB comparison between JG in 2018 and Kelly Bryant in his full season with Clemson in 2017 and Jake Fromm at Georgia last year. JG at best played in 12 games in 2018 but was unable to finish some; Kelly had 14 games in 2017 and Jake had 14 games last year. Kelly had about 8 more pass attempts per game than JG and Jake had about 2 more attempts per game or if you account for JG getting knocked out of a couple games then he and Jake had about the same number of attempts per game. The data for JG and Jake comes from charts generated by PFF and the data for Kelly comes from a similar chart generated by CFB film room. The raw stats from cfbstats.com are provided as a reference. Apparently no two sets of stats are the same.

One other note. Back in May Jesse Simonton did a deep dive into the PFF database for SEC QBs and one of the more interesting things that he highlights really well is the less time a QB holds on to the ball the better he does and not just JG but all QBs. Even Tua’s and Fromm’s completion percentage drops below 60% if they hold on to the ball for more than 2.5 seconds. I’m not really all that sure why that is because I always figured if you give the QB enough time he’ll find somebody. It could be that there is an optimum window in the receiver’s route to deliver the ball. Anyway, when Pruitt says we’re holding onto the ball too long it could just as well be any other coach saying the same thing about his QBs. They time this thing down to the hundredths of seconds. Since all QBs apparently do it I guess it’s more of a matter of how many times you hold on to it “too long” that becomes a glaring problem? jmo.

The distance is the ball in the air. This is 3 different offensive play-callers, 2 with elite teams, and it looks to me like the distribution of passes, distance-wise down the field is very similar. We were a little lite in the 10-20 yard range compared to the others but we had a lot of success when we attacked that area. Anyway, someone, I think Hank, had said that Chaney likes to go with a short passing game. I can’t see that in the aggregate he’s a whole lot different from the other 2 play-callers from a distribution standpoint. What really stands out though with Chaney’s “short” passing game is that he gains more yards per attempt. Some of that could be on the playmakers but it could also have something to do with play design and/or play-calling. jmo.

View attachment 212276
Just a note. CFB filmroom has different logic on their stats so it won't line up with other sites completely. But still a good breakdown.

Not calling anyone out, but have you guys ever noticed that Dave Ramsay people are kinda like vegans in that they have to tell everyone about it?

I got the debt snowball idea from him, extremely useful right after college. He also left me with the impression that I shouldn't be above working two jobs while I was young...something I definitely did even though I had a college degree.

Extremely useful, but extremely basic stuff. Haven't listened to him in a long time.

Get a Financial Life by Beth Kobliner was probably the most useful financial self-help book I ever read.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I’m sad the Grizz have him on the squad. Embarrassment. I don’t think I’m being too harsh because it has happened way too many times to be honest.

When you think of the kid in your PE class back in the day, the one who complained about everything not going his way, the one that’s kind of spoiled, and the one nobody likes, I picture Grayson Allen.

I hate Florida.

Happens every year - they have a bad offseason and we think we are going to finally get them!!!

Remember the credit card scandal - that was our year. They lost everyone.

Nope.

Not going to happen this year either... they are losing recruits, transfers, injuries... doesn't matter.

Until we clear the mental hurdle, UF will own us.

It's a mental thing for us. I mean, they generally are a slightly better team most years (and during Urban's prime they were a much better team), but that alone shouldn't result in them winning 13 out of 14. We play tight and conservative and they play relaxed and loose. They play like they expect to beat us and we play like we're just desperately clawing for a win.

Reactions: SpringBokVol
It's a mental thing for us. I mean, they generally are a slightly better team most years (and during Urban's prime they were a much better team), but that alone shouldn't result in them winning 13 out of 14. We play tight and conservative and they play relaxed and loose. They play like they expect to beat us and we play like we're just desperately clawing for a win.

I still think most of the losses are due to them being a better team. In the last 14 years, they've won 2 or more games than us 8 times. We've never won 2 more games than them in that stretch and only won 1 more game twice. What's a reasonable head to head record given those facts? 11-3 maybe?

No reason to look out the back window to try to determine where the car is going. Future is bright. There's a mental block until there isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back