Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making the NCAAT meant a lot to Pat. That's the only meaningful record the LVs have left. Holly's teams have killed the rest, and the NCAAT is the only point of pride remaining for a program that was once the gold standard. No matter what happens after the season, it's important that UT be represented in the tourney. The LVs can get in with 20 wins and they can get to 20 simply by beating teams that are significantly less talented.
I hope you are right. I am far from convinced we can beat the majority of those teams with significantly less talent.

It’s about to get interesting. I like Mullen but a lot of his success is tied to having a good DC. Could be a big hire for him if Grantham leaves.

Judging by he last few DC hires at Miss St outside of the desparate hire of Sirmon, Mullen has had a very good eye.

Diaz, Collins, Sirmon and Grantham were his last 4.... he was limited the yr Sirmon was hired and took a risk on a good recruiter but young play caller. Outside of that, he nailed the other 3. Now at Florida he would probably do well again with a hire

Making the NCAAT meant a lot to Pat. That's the only meaningful record the LVs have left. Holly's teams have killed the rest, and the NCAAT is the only point of pride remaining for a program that was once the gold standard. No matter what happens after the season, it's important that UT be represented in the tourney. The LVs can get in with 20 wins and they can get to 20 simply by beating teams that are significantly less talented.
I think people also underestimate how Pat’s health allowed what looked like the standard Lady Vols from the outside to be eroded on the inside.

The program hasn’t been to a Final 4 since 2008.

Reactions: GoVolsDR
Would not making the tournament be worth it if it assured Holly not being retained? If they slip in the tournament, I'm not sure they don't justify keeping her.

It doesn't assure it, though. Not making the NCAAT is just going to feed the negativity and bring the program and the players down more, while accomplishing nothing positive. If Phillip wants to avoid making a change for another year, he's going to do exactly that, using youth as a justification.

At least the BasketVols are #1. Only one side of the sport is in the cellar.

Reactions: SmokinBob
👀 10 of 14 SEC teams ranked. Mercy.

Side note: I thought someone provided a graphic that we were returning the most production from last yeAr. This analysis seems to really favor that but we’re ranked 28th 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm not sure why he adjusted it (could be Smith, Richmond, and I think Sapp and Osborne [2 ints of production]). Here's the link from just a day before the data date of his rankings.

2019 CFB returning production, ranked a better way

👀 10 of 14 SEC teams ranked. Mercy.

Side note: I thought someone provided a graphic that we were returning the most production from last yeAr. This analysis seems to really favor that but we’re ranked 28th 🤷🏻‍♂️
We're bringing back the highest percentage of our returning production in the conference, but the quality of that production wasn't very good, so overall it evens out around 28.

Judging by he last few DC hires at Miss St outside of the desparate hire of Sirmon, Mullen has had a very good eye.

Diaz, Collins, Sirmon and Grantham were his last 4.... he was limited the yr Sirmon was hired and took a risk on a good recruiter but young play caller. Outside of that, he nailed the other 3. Now at Florida he would probably do well again with a hire
For sure. But Grantham is legitimately very good. Hard to hire someone at that level.

We're bringing back the highest percentage of our returning production in the conference, but the quality of that production wasn't very good, so overall it evens out around 28.

Maybe. But then again that's what people here said about Florida based on their 4 wins in 2017 headed into 2018 with tremendous returning production. I think the quality issue is captured in the 5 year average metric not in returning production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back