Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely. What model is the monitor? Just something with a little Vols flair?

Model is a dell Se2717H/HX HDMI resolution 1920 x 1080p and yeah something with a little Vols flair sounds great

Edit: I use two monitors and the other one is a Dell 1908FP which I extend my display on. It’s resolution is 1280 x 1024

AAF has NFL support, may make it.
The current game on NFL Network is a really good. Got some talent out there.
I didn’t realize they he NFL support. It will be interesting to see how much that helps them.

I imagine the XFL is gonna try to do all they can to lure top talent to their league. If the play in their league is roughly equivalent to or worse than the AAF, it’s hard to see them being very successful. But if they can land some top talent by poaching JUCO/Prep School/NCAA dropouts/transfers, then they have a shot of succeeding IMO. They’ve just gotta put a good product on the field or they won’t stand much of a chance.

I didn’t realize they he NFL support. It will be interesting to see how much that helps them.

I imagine the XFL is gonna try to do all they can to lure top talent to their league. If the play in their league is roughly equivalent to or worse than the AAF, it’s hard to see them being very successful. But if they can land some top talent by poaching JUCO/Prep School/NCAA dropouts/transfers, then they have a shot of succeeding IMO. They’ve just gotta put a good product on the field or they won’t stand much of a chance.
McMahon will go the cheap route. Plus there is only so much talent to go around. I think most players will opt for the AAF, especially with the ties to NFL.

Making the NCAAT meant a lot to Pat. That's the only meaningful record the LVs have left. Holly's teams have killed the rest, and the NCAAT is the only point of pride remaining for a program that was once the gold standard. No matter what happens after the season, it's important that UT be represented in the tourney. The LVs can get in with 20 wins and they can get to 20 simply by beating teams that are significantly less talented.

I don't think they started out affiliated. AAF kept mentioning they just wanted to develop players into better NFL prospects. I think that caught the NFL's attention. Now there are NFL sites that will direct you to the aaf.

The AAF is also developing referees and has promised never to cross over into NFL time frames. trying out new time clock and rules that the NFL seemed to have been curious about and they don't have to perform the experiment. A win-win for both sides.

I don't think they started out affiliated. AAF kept mentioning they just wanted to develop players into better NFL prospects. I think that caught the NFL's attention. Now there are NFL sites that will direct you to the aaf.

The AAF is also developing referees and has promised never to cross over into NFL time frames. trying out new time clock and rules that the NFL seemed to have been curious about and they don't have to perform the experiment. A win-win for both sides.
Can the NFL and CBS adopt the commercial thing

Is she though? I feel like anyone could recruit to the house Pat built. But let this go on much longer, it starts getting harder.
This kinda reminds me of the "great recruiters" who are always at Bama in football. I believe anyone could recruit at Bama because it seems like the best players want to play there. I also believe Lady Vol Basketball was in that same category but it does seem to be slipping away. If Fulmer is on top of this, he will do the right thing and he probably has a list of coaches in mind already.

I’m really just interested to see if any other league (outside of tue CFL) stands a chance of existing along sith CFB and the NFL. There might be a niche to be filled by one, but I feel like whatever’s league is gonna do it will have to do whatever it takes to get the best talent.

Most of the complaints thus far have been about subpar play. Poach a select few HS recruits a year, some CFB guys who don’t want to sit out a year, and super talented JUCOs who don’t want to bother with school (like CP) and league might be able to offer exciting enough play to succeed.

Honestly I don’t think either will last too long, though. Both leagues will likely die fighting each other to fill the same niche. Would be nice if one league managed to put some exciting football on TV throughout the spring, though.
Definitely don't think both can survive. AAF is my prediction because it seems less gimmicky, and they have a tight partnership with CBS and a loose partnership with the NFL. I'll be watching every weekend personally. I'd especially like to see some undiscovered guys break out in the AAF/XFL and become stars in the NFL. That would help the minor league football industry a lot.

Reactions: Brillovol
Making the NCAAT meant a lot to Pat. That's the only meaningful record the LVs have left. Holly's teams have killed the rest, and the NCAAT is the only point of pride remaining for a program that was once the gold standard. No matter what happens after the season, it's important that UT be represented in the tourney. The LVs can get in with 20 wins and they can get to 20 simply by beating teams that are significantly less talented.
Would not making the tournament be worth it if it assured Holly not being retained? If they slip in the tournament, I'm not sure they don't justify keeping her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back