Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to ask this guys,my father passed lastnite.My mom outside of me doesn't have any help,and was unprepared for this.Im trying do best I can and have some but any prayers would be appreciated.We created a go fund me small amount of $800 i can do the rest but I'm having trouble reaching that.I know this place has been a huge help for sum,Dad was a die hard vol fan gotta count for sumthin,thankfully mom kept me from being hacksaw Reynolds😁😁he had faults dont we all though but was good man and father.I just wanted to make sure it was okay to post a link,whixh I already did 5 bucks or a share be great.Any prayers,help advice u guys can give be great.Thank you all i hate asking for help,but i guess sumtimes we all need sumbody.

Click here to support Need help to pay for husband's funeral organized by Vicky Sheets
I am very sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family.

I was just using Dobbs as an example, not that Atlanta could get him.
That's the skill set Atlanta needs, someone quick and mobile.

Has anyone read the player distribution rules? How do we have Hack but Atlanta has a former UT QB?
Distribution is based on college or former pro team affiliation. Sims played for the Falcons so Atlanta could pick him up...

Kinda different,the ground Zion had to make up to even attempt that block on top of how high he really elevated says a lot.that ball was starting to hit its high point. But I agree very similar and BS this team gets zero love.
This team gets some love. Not as much as Duke, of course, but many national commentators have said we are legit. Bill Walton, Jay Bilas, even Dick Vitale. I hope we don't get too much love, tbh, as that keeps this team hungry.

If they move right after the season's over, and they hire a proven winner, they can get back to competing as quickly as next season. We have some pieces in place.

If Phil gives Holly another year, it will be football program 2.0.

They could compete now. They have six McD's All-Americans. It's a top-down problem and if it's addressed now, the LVs can still squeak into the NCAAT.

I can’t say Holly deserves to stay but I’m just not convinced a better hire is a guarantee.

I haven't posted about the Lady Vols before... I like Holly as a person and have spoken with her on a few occasions - Big Orange Caravans and other events. However, it's more than painfully obvious she or her staff can't develop these young ladies. What I have witnessed this season is embarrassing for a once elite program. The talent we have on this roster under Pat or Auriema would be a top 5 team. Their on court demeanor, lack of effort and just poor decisions and at times laughably horrible execution are more than sad. It's definitely time for a change. Luckily, with the right coach and staff, basketball can turn around quickly unlike football that usually takes a few recruiting classes plus the right coach and staff...

I don’t think it can get worse. Depends on who they hire and if they are willing to spend money.

Just hire someone...anyone...with a track record of success at a tier 2 school. Sadly, I don't think we can lure anyone away from a tier 1 women's basketball school at this point, despite the LV's history and former prestige.

They could compete now. They have six McD's All-Americans. It's a top-down problem and if it's addressed now, the LVs can still squeak into the NCAAT.
I'm torn on this. What I'm afraid is if they make the tournament with Holly at the helm, is that enough of an excuse to keep her around for another year? Being the only team to have never missed the tournament is a huge deal in my eyes. But if that's what it takes to insure Holly doesn't return, I'm starting to feel like it will be worth it.

They will not spend money to pry someone away, that I can guarantee you.

It’ll be former Lady Vol or up and comer.
I hate to say it but I think you're right. They'll follow the football method and hire an up and comer, lady vol fans will get excited, buy tickets, coach fails after there or four years, hire another up and comer, lady vol fans get excited and buy tickets. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back