Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Freeze does end up at Bama, he isn't going to make them any better than they already are over the next 2 years. Then, he will be onto his next HC gig. I'm excited that an experienced play caller is going to end up in Knoxville regardless. The guy we as fans want may not be the best fit for the staff. UT will be better next year no matter who they get as OC.

Does Enos and/or Lindsey have much in the way of HC aspirations? Maybe Pruitt is interested in knowing the answer to that question as he would like to have stability on the offensive side of the ball. Defense is under control.

If Mel Tucker does go to UGA.... which I believe is all but announced.... are we at risk of him taking any of our coaches?

I do think people are forgetting that the genius of Freeze was his recruiting. I mean he is a good coach, but what helped him compete with Bama was all those studs the ole Miss machine was coaxing in. That will be a little different done under a microscope, but my biggest hope is he helps pull in recruits before he bails in a couple years.

His HC experience is also probably more valuable than just his OC experience too. That is why he is so valuable to this program vs Bama.

Reactions: Weezer and Specs
If Mel Tucker does go to UGA.... which I believe is all but announced.... are we at risk of him taking any of our coaches?

I assume you mean Sherrer I don’t think he’s worked with Rumph Rocker or Kelly... maybe Rocker not sure

EDIT: nvm I see what you’re saying.

Last edited:
Does Enos and/or Lindsey have much in the way of HC aspirations? Maybe Pruitt is interested in knowing the answer to that question as he would like to have stability on the offensive side of the ball. Defense is under control.
I would think every OC should have aspirations of becoming a head coach. That's just a natural progression in coaching.

Reactions: JacketVol
I’m starting to wonder if Hugh flooding the media might backfire on him. If Pruitt is waiting to talk to other candidates and is in the middle of the search, it might rub him the wrong way to feel the pressure Hugh is applying. Doesn’t seem like Lindsey or Drinkwitz are doing what Freeze is doing.

Can we please take Drinkwitz name out of it? He’s not a legitimate candidate. As much as I can’t stand the way he looks, he’s just not the hire that Pruitt needs. He has a chance to be a hero or a Muschamp. With Helton taking the WKy job, he’s been given a mulligan. He can’t waste it on okay. It’s got to be great. It’s Lindsey or Enos if it isn’t Freeze. JMO...

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Can we please take Drinkwitz name out of it? He’s not a legitimate candidate. As much as I can’t stand the way he looks, he’s just not the hire that Pruitt needs. He has a chance to be a hero or a Muschamp. With Helton taking the WKy job, he’s been given a mulligan. He can’t waste it on okay. It’s got to be great. It’s Lindsey or Enos if it isn’t Freeze. JMO...
VQ said Pruitt talked to Drinkwitz so I’m trusting them. He may not be a top candidate but he’s on the list.

Reactions: SugarCC
I would think every OC should have aspirations of becoming a head coach. That's just a natural progression in coaching.
Well, I would think most OCs would know if they had those aspirations and not be shy about admitting so in a job interview. But i’m sure there are plenty of coaches who just love one side of the ball. Friend just wants to coach OL.

Idk. Just a thought. I wonder if that is something Pruitt is considering

I’m starting to wonder if Hugh flooding the media might backfire on him. If Pruitt is waiting to talk to other candidates and is in the middle of the search, it might rub him the wrong way to feel the pressure Hugh is applying. Doesn’t seem like Lindsey or Drinkwitz are doing what Freeze is doing.

Lindsey and Drinkwitz also have jobs where it would be a bad look to be publicly begging for the UT OC job.

I think we'll know by the media if it isnt freeze because freeze will start to push his name out for Auburn or bama and they will spread it. Watch for that.

VQ said Pruitt talked to Drinkwitz so I’m trusting them. He may not be a top candidate but he’s on the list.

Seriously though, it appears Freeze’s people put those reports out to pressure Pruitt. Sexton is The Godfather if pushing his clients. You think he did the same thing with Dorkwitz? Serious question, not rhetorical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back