Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t want to start a new thread but wanted to see what fellow vols fans think. When we hired kiffin everyone was like hell yeah!!! When we hired Dooley everyone was like WTF?? When we hired Butch most people were like let’s wait and see he is a good recruiter and he was the best a available. Pruitt most people were just thankful we got a coach and are Like let’s wait and see he should be a good coach. Butchs first year we went 5-7 lost to candy but beat USC. Is Pruitt a better coach with a worse team or did butch just get lucky?
Butch inherited a slightly better team IMO.

Reactions: SugarCC and JCP201
We don't pass the eye test physically looking at LSU and Florida. Both are faster as well.

The Gap is wider than some think.

We went 0-8 SEC for a reason and coaching was only part of it. We are a bad football team any way you look at it.

We went 0-8 SEC for a reason and coaching was only part of it. We are a bad football team any way you look at it.
Agreed. I think it's dangerous for TN fans to start begrudging where we are vs Florida, Georgia, bama, LSU etc...

We have a ways to go.... And that's got nothing to do with what's going on anywhere else.

This all day. For the life of me I can't understand why people have been pretending like he sucks, or is "meh." The dude was at Mississippi freaking State. Would have killed to get him here.

Agreed. Typical "we didn't want him anyway" syndrome, but everyone outside Tennessee knew Mullen was the better pick. He's arguably doing better than any first year coach in the country, and the team he inherited was really bad.

Agreed. I think it's dangerous for TN fans to start begrudging where we are vs Florida, Georgia, bama, LSU etc...

We have a ways to go.... And that's got nothing to do with what's going on anywhere else.

Yep. We can get to 8-4 or 9-3 level faster than Kentucky or Missouri but we are still starting from the cellar.

Reactions: jakez4ut
FSU looking decent against the Canes. No blue blood program will ever again fall as far and for as long as Tennessee IMO. Took uniquely horrible circumstances and profoundly dumb decisions in a row over a decade to get us here.

Based on what? Nothing. Just talking out of your ass now. I’m done. Not getting involved with this.
So you're basing your argument that he's not championship caliber based on what he did at Mississippi State? A school who hasn't won a title since the 40's? I say the evidence suggests that he is a championship caliber coach.

Which would mean I wasn't the one "moving the goal posts." In no way, shape or form was Tennessee's level of dominance in the 90's comparable to that of Alabama's run over this past decade. Especially when Tennessee was number two to UF during that span in their own conference.
I never said you did moved them, nor did I say UT 90’s was comparable to Bama now. But 95-98 vols are close to 10-13 bama. Which you said 95-98 vols were not close to bama.....

FSU looking decent against the Canes. No blue blood program will ever again fall as far and for as long as Tennessee IMO. Took uniquely horrible circumstances and profoundly dumb decisions in a row over a decade to get us here.
3 really bad hires will do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back