Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeVol44

If I’m Chaney and Pruitt I put Crouch at RB. Practice all week with Ty, Crouch and Gray at RB. Go out there Saturday night and run it 75% of the time. Play action and force JG to throw it down the field 5-10 times and we win.

Oh and fix the damn defense.

@JeremyPruitt @JimChaney You’re welcome.

Our running game wasn't the problem Saturday.
Chandler and Gray looked good running the ball....
JABBA the dipstick OC didn't commit to the running game at all.
He looked more interested in trying to show everyone how many formations he could screw up.
NO reason whatsoever to move Crouch to RB.

Pick 5 starters on the OL and commit to the running game and play action with Chandler, Gray, and Jordan.

WE NEED LBS!

Crouch, Henry T., and Banks ALL need to concentrate on developing as LBs.

Last edited:

rjd970

This Is spot on, local guys hate our coaches bc they are nothing but a bunch of little butt hurt whiny ass little bitches and love drama. That’s why they continue to blow every situation out of proportion and turn the fan base against the football program. **** those little crybaby bitches. We know we lost guys, move on, show a little positivity and maybe Tennessee caches would help you guys more you ****ing worthless morons.... Never in my life have I seen a group of writers that hate the team they write about so much. They create a toxic situation and are a problem and should all be replaced
Exactly. After the game I think Ubben tweeted something about having more access to practice or something. Kinda confirms the media agenda notion.

They can all GTFO as far as I'm concerned. The info we get here is much better IMO anyway.

VolGee4

If the line problems are real, and I believe they are, it’ll make the whole team look bad.

QBs and RBs can’t get better with no time to operate. Linebackers and secondary can’t do their jobs if the line gets zero push or pass rush.
The OL gave JG time to throw. The OL was not a reason why we lost. Poor decisions by the JG. The DL was worse.

VolGee4

If this happens as some gimmick to fire up the fans, I'm out. I'm turning the game off before it starts.

It's Butch Jones 2.0 bullsh*t and I don't have the energy to go through that again.
I thought the gray helmets were just put on sale last week. Just trying to get rid of them.

ionaVOL

I mentioned this morning that not having enough scrimmages could have been an issue with this team and you bring up another solid addition to that
Worst case he gets dinged up in practice and you're off the hook starting one of the kids, seasons shot anyway...best case he's better prepared and it helps him in games rest of season. Is this too simplified? What's the downside I'm missing?

therickbol

JGs biggest issue is between his ears.

He has tons of arm talent.

No clue how to use.

Can’t throw with touch. On fires heaters no matter what the situation.

And his number 1 deficiency is not knowing how to read a Défense.

He can’t tell what they are running pre snap - he doesn’t know how to check in to a more favorable play.

If a run is called right, he won’t see the box loaded up with 8 or shaded right. He won’t call audible and run it left. He keeps the play and it is a loss of 2 yards.

It’s 3rd and 4 and he knows the hot route is a 1 yard stem. Instead of making the read progression he takes the hot read immediately and you gain a yard and punt.

He just isn’t an intelligent football player let alone QB.

Put him through the whiteboard challenge and he will look like a moron.

I don’t like harping on the kid. But he just doesn’t have it.
That pretty much sums it up with a high degree of accuracy. It's not the kids fault. And you don't point it out to say "Hahaha, look at him" but it is the reality of the situation. Let him compete in one of those QB challenge games where they hit moving targets and see how far he can throw and he will look good. But that is not the way the game is played during competition. Similar to a kid that can stand out there and shoot really well from the 3pt line and would be great in a hot shots competition but put him in a live game and realize he can't run an offensive set, can't dribble, and never knows who he should be guarding on defense.

VolGee4

He also had several more opportunities to step up in the pocket, take off and pick up a handful of yards.
I could not believe the INT that was called back for PI. He stared that WR down.

I am trying to simulate my QB decisions by playing Madden with my son. I didn't fare so well yesterday. I am still working at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Sponsors