Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Middleton 97? If so, he looked to play soft in some of the drills...like he was scared to hit the pads or dummies. Did anyone else notice that? I’m not reading a lot into it at this point, but pretty sure some of the coaches were on him about it, too.

Why all the S. Carolina love? We outplayed them last year and should have won that game and I really think we'll be better this year...just don't get it.

I feel like I say this every year, because every year it seems like they’re overrated and shown way too much love. Usually it’s by Vol fans. They do little to nothing beforehand to deserve it and do nothing afterwards to justify it.

Yeah, I don’t get it either.

Will do..If you promise to keep my identity on the DL. I really really value my privacy on VN if you know what I mean. I have a couple of friends on VN here that know my real name, but that's about it. 👍
Yeah, me too.
Pretty sure no one here has any idea about my name or what I look like. Heck, let that kind of info slip, might as well expose my medical records. 😄

Saw them with Wu Tang Clan at Starwood (Nashville) back in the day..

Wu came out 45 minutes late, only played a 30 minute set, and COULD NOT CARE LESS about any of it. I was pissed...until RATM came out and melted everyone's faces off.

It's like that saw how shi++y of a performance Wu had, saw the crowd's reaction, and came out and gave twice the effort.

It was excellent.

Haha. Was at the same show.

Reactions: Devo182
Broo? He has burnt so many bridges there. He followed a legendary Vampire Weekend set with a long wait followed by an hour of sparse songs with more talk filler of "I'm the greatest of all-time, rap, rock, all of it" and "the media is after me". Dude sounded like the most paranoid egotistical fuzzbucket.

One of my favorite shows I’ve seen him perform mai my because he didn’t play Gold Digger as a huge f u to everyone.

Any recommendations for visiting Folly Beach, Sc or Charleston? Never been and not sure what’s around. Food, entertainment, boardwalks, kayaking etc?

Last edited:
Aerosmith was a good show, at least back in the day. I saw them in '73 and again in '75.
Rush was always a good show in the '70s.
I saw Cream and Hendrix, both in '68 when I was 16.
Zeppelin in '70 and '72.
Floyd 3 times, twice in the '70s, and then again in the early '90s.
Saw the Stones multiple times in the '70s.
Genesis with Phil Collins in '73.
Wishbone Ash in '73.
Sabbath in '71.
Jethro Tull 4 times in the '70s. Always an entertaining show when those guys played.
And countless others during the late '60s up until the very early '80s. James Brown in '67 was awesome.

Those were the days of so-called Arena Rock, when there was a really good concert seemingly every other night. Lots of times there was not a lot of advertising the groups. I heard a radio ad for the Genesis concert about 6pm one evening and it said the show started at 7pm. We took off to the Mid-South Coliseum in Memphis and got there just before showtime and sat on the 8th row. There was literally no one there and I thought this is going to suck. These guys will be pissed and either won't play or won't have any energy, but it was an amazing show.
That was back when a concert was $30 bucks, now its $300! Great list.

Reactions: hooter vol
Give me Ray, Tim Allen, Foxworthy, Engvall, and Kevin James all day

My more progressive friends make fun, bc i do enjoy Tim Allen, and, honestly Foxworthy is funny. Hes actually quite sharp. KJ is just classic, physical humour. At the gym i see reruns of KOQ. I find myself laughing outloud like a crazy person at the dated, slapstick, and sometimes masogynistic humour. I grew up on Peter Sellers, Benny Hill, and Mel Brooks. It is what it is....

I am not a conservative by any stretch, but, do appreciate the southern humorists and satirists. Rush Limbaugh is a big fat idiot is a classic read. Franken and Grizzard.

My more progressive friends make fun, bc i do enjoy Tim Allen, and, honestly Foxworthy is funny. Hes actually quite sharp. KJ is just classic, physical humour. At the gym i see reruns of KOQ. I find myself laughing outloud like a crazy person at the dated, slapstick, and sometimes masogynistic humour. I grew up on Peter Sellers, Benny Hill, and Mel Brooks. It is what it is....

I am not a conservative by any stretch, but, do appreciate the southern humorists and satirists. Rush Limbaugh is a big fat idiot is a classic read. Franken and Grizzard.
I appreciate real comedy. Just because a person drops the f bomb 300 times a set doesn’t make them funny, which is what most people do now. They mock trump and cuss. That isn’t funny. Write some real jokes.

I appreciate real comedy. Just because a person drops the f bomb 300 times a set doesn’t make them funny, which is what most people do now. They mock trump and cuss. That isn’t funny. Write some real jokes.
Have you watched Nate Bergatze (I hope I spelled that right) dude is hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back