Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand how it could take 5 years. I don’t agree that it will though. I think we will pop off 8-9 wins next year, have a big time qb and class come in and the whole complexion of expectations will change.

I also think the wheels could come off and we be in another search

I think it is unlikely we go a methodical win 5 games, win 6 games, win 7, win 8.

At some point I think it pops good or bad. I’m hoping for good

Reactions: jlawso21
I understand how it could take 5 years. I don’t agree that it will though. I think we will pop off 8-9 wins next year, have a big time qb and class come in and the whole complexion of expectations will change.

I also think the wheels could come off and we be in another search

I think it is unlikely we go a methodical win 5 games, win 6 games, win 7, win 8.

At some point I think it pops good or bad. I’m hoping for good

I agree. I think most of the time year 2. You know whether you have a coach that will win. Usually year 3 is just more of a clarification of the prior.

“I thought Ed Orgeron did a nice job last year,” one opposing coach said anonymously. “He does a good job recruiting. He's one of them (Cajun). LSU doesn't always do a good job evaluating, but Ed's done a good job. Tennessee should have hired him after Lane Kiffin left (after the 2009 season). He'd have done a helluva lot better than Derek Dooley or Butch Jones. If Ed had stayed at Tennessee, Tennessee would probably be the best program in the East right now." - Source; Anonymous opposing coaches set 2019 expectations for LSU

Its a boring Wednesday morning, thoughts on this?

Between this and the "5 years" thing, it's just convinced me that these "coaches" are throwing smoke and spewing BS to screw with opposing fans and media alike.

Orgeron at that point was only two years removed from bottoming out as the Old Miss HC. If we were able to convince him to stay in Knoxville post-Kiffin, there'd have been even more mattresses burned. Hindsight is always 20:20, and it wasn't really hard to project that Dooley would fail even as he was hired. But that's trading one shitshow for another. Orgeron probably learned a lot at USC and LSU before getting that HC title back. He wouldn't have learned those lessons had he just been promoted here post-Kiffin.

The "5 years" thing, also overblown. I'm interested to see the yields from a consistent S&C program next year, and that's the baseline that needs to remain upheld. We can still have top-15 classes (however disappointing to us fans) and keep that S&C going, and still be a considerable threat to damn near everyone one the schedule. UGA and Alabama can only field 11 players at a time, and the difference between some 3*s and 4*s isn't unbridgeable. Keep the S&C up, keep recruiting at least at the same level, and we can give both of those teams a closer game within a couple years.

Yeah that's the first attempt...old ram in normal spot and just try fresh install on the SSD if it fails then I'll go to just one stick of the old ram...unfortunately without having windows installed I don't know any other way to test the RAM :(

You can test it by using a linux distro and you don't even have to install linux. Just put a distro on a CD or mem stick/card and run it. You can even pick a distro specifically designed for testing to make it easier. Run their memory tester and you will learn more than windows can ever tell you.

Between this and the "5 years" thing, it's just convinced me that these "coaches" are throwing smoke and spewing BS to screw with opposing fans and media alike.

Orgeron at that point was only two years removed from bottoming out as the Old Miss HC. If we were able to convince him to stay in Knoxville post-Kiffin, there'd have been even more mattresses burned. Hindsight is always 20:20, and it wasn't really hard to project that Dooley would fail even as he was hired. But that's trading one shitshow for another. Orgeron probably learned a lot at USC and LSU before getting that HC title back. He wouldn't have learned those lessons had he just been promoted here post-Kiffin.

The "5 years" thing, also overblown. I'm interested to see the yields from a consistent S&C program next year, and that's the baseline that needs to remain upheld. We can still have top-15 classes (however disappointing to us fans) and keep that S&C going, and still be a considerable threat to damn near everyone one the schedule. UGA and Alabama can only field 11 players at a time, and the difference between some 3*s and 4*s isn't unbridgeable. Keep the S&C up, keep recruiting at least at the same level, and we can give both of those teams a closer game within a couple years.
Yes, yes and yes.

I've never tried imaging an OS before so I wouldn't be any help there. I've always done a fresh install of the OS. You may have to do that (if you haven't already).
Interesting. So you said the next step was to try to install a fresh copy of windows using only the old ram. Let us know how that works out. I'm curious.

*edit: seems like you could just take out the new ram from your current installation and see what happens.

Well it was bad RAM...the OLD RAM apparently. I came home and thought "they probably tested these new RAM before shipping it." Installed the new RAM in the same slots as the old sticks, put in the new SSD hard drive booted up and Windows 10 installed without issued and quickly.

Now to reinstall software I was using...ugh

Well it was bad RAM...the OLD RAM apparently. I came home and thought "they probably tested these new RAM before shipping it." Installed the new RAM in the same slots as the old sticks, put in the new SSD hard drive booted up and Windows 10 installed without issued and quickly.

RAM is notoriously bad about compatibility. It is never good to use two different types of ram. So many things can be incompatible that people don’t think about or even know about.

Generation, Form factor, ECC vs non ECC all the way down to speed timings and even brand.

It was probably that your two sticks were incompatible as opposed to the old one going bad.

Sweet. Glad to hear it is now working for you. Now that it works on my rig I love Windows 10.

BTW, did you buy 2x16GB of new RAM? or 4x8GB?

You can test it by using a linux distro and you don't even have to install linux. Just put a distro on a CD or mem stick/card and run it. You can even pick a distro specifically designed for testing to make it easier. Run their memory tester and you will learn more than windows can ever tell you.

RAM is notoriously bad about compatibility. It is never good to use two different types of ram. So many things can be incompatible that people don’t think about or even know about.

Generation, Form factor, ECC vs non ECC all the way down to speed timings and even brand.

It was probably that your two sticks were incompatible as opposed to the old one going bad.
giphy.gif

I was about to ask if you had tried kicking it but your way works also.

I was just looking at the Bold Predictions thread in the FF and Florida's schedule is looking a little iffy if Franks takes any sort of step back (a la Bently at USCjr or Nick Fitz from 2016 to 2017 under Mullen)

I could see them going 5-0 to get top 10 status before it all unwinds.

They close out the season after that with: Auburn, at LSU, at USCjr, BYE, Georgia, Vandy, at Mizzou, BYE, and FSU.

I could see them going 3-4 on that back stretch of the schedule-- maybe 2-5 depending on if/how/should Taggart gain some steam.

Sweet. Glad to hear it is now working for you. Now that it works on my rig I love Windows 10.

BTW, did you buy 2x16GB of new RAM? or 4x8GB?

had 2x8GB in it, bought the same RAM (different generation though, as the old one is ver 3.31 and the new 5.50) and I bought 2x8GB.

So should have been 4x8 = 32, instead still stuck at 16. And I had tried just the 2x8GB old sticks and still got same errors.

Moral of the story is....buy ALL RAM at one time and replace. Apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back