Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. So you said the next step was to try to install a fresh copy of windows using only the old ram. Let us know how that works out. I'm curious.

*edit: seems like you could just take out the new ram from your current installation and see what happens.

Yeah that's the first attempt...old ram in normal spot and just try fresh install on the SSD if it fails then I'll go to just one stick of the old ram...unfortunately without having windows installed I don't know any other way to test the RAM :(

Well! Right now he is working his tail off practicing and lifting weights to try and get a starting position over there. He told me that he is going there to win a spot, and not fail. He has gotten bigger, faster, and stronger in the last 4 months.
I'm with @Big Gucci Sosa on this one, I could give two sh*ts how he's doing down there, but I will admit you got some Cajones for coming back to this sh*tshow of a thread.

The reality is the 'Wheel' was not going to be broken as easily as what the writers gave us. And Bran as king? The same Bran who not that long ago said "I can't be lord of Winterfell; I can't be lord of anything. I'm the 3-eyed Raven," the same Bran who said he lives in the past, suddenly can now be king of the Six Kingdoms? But speaking of the Six Kingdoms, does anyone really believe the lords, or ladies, of some of those former kingdoms, specifically the Iron Islands and Dorne, would not have insisted on the same independence as Bran gave Sansa and the North, essentially his first act of narcissism as king? We already saw Asha/Yara side with Grey Worm in wanting Jon punished for killing Dany, not to mention the Greyjoy's long-standing hatred of the Starks. I find it hard to believe that she would not have at least put up an argument for the autonomy of the Ironborn. Same with the new prince of Dorne; the writers didn't bother to tell us what house, but Dorne was the one kingdom that Aegon the Conqueror could not conquer, and the Targereyns were only later able to bring into the realm through marriage; and we had seen that tradition continue as late as Rhaegar Targareyn's marriage to Elia Martell. So any real loyalty Dorne had to the Iron Throne was to the Targareyns. Although there were more Martells in the books than in the tv show, for the sake of the show we will assume the Martell house was gone, but it would have been one of the other Dornish great houses (Daynes, Yronwoods) most likely to assume control of Dorne. Bran's control of the kingdoms was rather weak and vulnerable at that point, so I just find it hard to believe that the 2 kingdoms who had been the hardest for the iron Throne to control wouldn't seize what appears to be a golden opportunity for independence.
Excellent point...now instead of Dany runnin it all while breaking many eggs along the way, but still probably ushering in a Pax Romana era in the process...Westeros is going to have many eggs broken anyway with virtually unending internal Westerosi war, weakening them to the point that eventually a Nymeria/Aegon/Daenerys type shows up and conquers them all again...while breaking many eggs...this seems to evade the peacenik idiots...Nature abhors a vacuum.

Commits in may don't stop being recruited and are much more likely to flip than in the past. So it's not as bad as it seems.
Totally agree. For many recruits, "commitment" means "leads" or "leader." It does not mean what it does to you and me. I have read quotes that have said "I am committed to Tennessee, but LSU leads right now."

Guys, gotta lot of catching up to do. Haven't been on much lately. Please keep me and my family in your thoughts and prayers. Lost my dad late last Thursday. He was a Korean War vet serving in the Air Force. After he retired, he got heavily involved in his ancestry, eventually discovering we were blood descendants of President James Buchanan and then tracing it all the way back to Scotland. He got to make 2 trips to Scotland eventually and was very proud of his work on his ancestry. I guess you could say he was ancestry.com way before it existed because most of his work were hand-written notes except for copies of documents he obtained over the years from various gov't agencies etc. I was able to secure a Scotsman in full attire to play Amazing Grace on the bagpipes during his memorial service and that moment along with the flag folding and presentation of the flag to my mom were 2 memories I will cherish and never forget. For those of you who still have your fathers, I hope and pray that you all cherish and honor them all you can for as long as you can.
So very sorry for your loss. Your father sounds like he was a great man and he was no doubt a patriot and hero. Prayers for all of you.

Reactions: GiggerVol
This table shows the change in returning production from 2018 to 2019 for offense, defense, and overall. Phil Steele usually puts out a list nearer to the season for offensive line starts so I don’t have that yet. I’m guessing but I think Clemson likely takes a dip on defense this year. The championship game could potentially see a matchup between Jalen Hurts and Tua Tagovailoa. Georgia will likely have a younger offense but their defense could be formidable. Both Vanderbilt and Notre Dame may make Georgia’s offense look better than what it may look against us and Miami and Kentucky’s defenses may do likewise for the Florida offense.

Kentucky and Mississippi State may try for a shootout in Starkville on the third Saturday in September since both lost so much on defense. Also on the TSIS South Carolina will pay a visit to Missouri. The gamecocks should have a much improved defense this year so that may be the first real test Dooley gets for his new quarterback. While West Virginia may be improved on defense they lost so much on offense and with the coaching turnover I’m not sure that will be the best test for the Lock-less tigers.

The bottom line is I’m looking for both us and Georgia to be undefeated when the Dawgs visit Rocky Top on October the 5th. Only one of us are coming away from that game undefeated and that will likely be the Team that wins the East this year. jmo.

ScreenHunter 143.png

“I thought Ed Orgeron did a nice job last year,” one opposing coach said anonymously. “He does a good job recruiting. He's one of them (Cajun). LSU doesn't always do a good job evaluating, but Ed's done a good job. Tennessee should have hired him after Lane Kiffin left (after the 2009 season). He'd have done a helluva lot better than Derek Dooley or Butch Jones. If Ed had stayed at Tennessee, Tennessee would probably be the best program in the East right now." - Source; Anonymous opposing coaches set 2019 expectations for LSU

Its a boring Wednesday morning, thoughts on this?

Reactions: scvolfan7
“I thought Ed Orgeron did a nice job last year,” one opposing coach said anonymously. “He does a good job recruiting. He's one of them (Cajun). LSU doesn't always do a good job evaluating, but Ed's done a good job. Tennessee should have hired him after Lane Kiffin left (after the 2009 season). He'd have done a helluva lot better than Derek Dooley or Butch Jones. If Ed had stayed at Tennessee, Tennessee would probably be the best program in the East right now." - Source; Anonymous opposing coaches set 2019 expectations for LSU

couldn't care less.

O is a good fit at LSU. At any school outside of LA, probably not so much.

So is he saying we were going to hire Freeze?

This table shows the change in returning production from 2018 to 2019 for offense, defense, and overall. Phil Steele usually puts out a list nearer to the season for offensive line starts so I don’t have that yet. I’m guessing but I think Clemson likely takes a dip on defense this year. The championship game could potentially see a matchup between Jalen Hurts and Tua Tagovailoa. Georgia will likely have a younger offense but their defense could be formidable. Both Vanderbilt and Notre Dame may make Georgia’s offense look better than what it may look against us and Miami and Kentucky’s defenses may do likewise for the Florida offense.

Kentucky and Mississippi State may try for a shootout in Starkville on the third Saturday in September since both lost so much on defense. Also on the TSIS South Carolina will pay a visit to Missouri. The gamecocks should have a much improved defense this year so that may be the first real test Dooley gets for his new quarterback. While West Virginia may be improved on defense they lost so much on offense and with the coaching turnover I’m not sure that will be the best test for the Lock-less tigers.

The bottom line is I’m looking for both us and Georgia to be undefeated when the Dawgs visit Rocky Top on October the 5th. Only one of us are coming away from that game undefeated and that will likely be the Team that wins the East this year. jmo.

View attachment 206514
to me it literally comes down to whether or not we can compete at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. if we can, i think we'll be ok. if we can't...then we already know what that looks like.

everythign else is basically there. and it'd be a real shame to waste that much returning production, with the schedule we have.

and i'm like you, i think it's definitely possible UGA could come in here and face an undefeated team. which would be awesome.

There's such a wide swath between the last 2 sentences. Better than Dooley I could definitely see. Better than Jones maybe but I doubt it. Best program in the East, no possible way.

He has done better at LSU then I would have thought so he's got that going for him.

Reactions: InstrumentalVol
I think Ed Orgeron is honestly in the best spot he can be to be a solid/good HC. He couldn't cut it at Ole Miss when trying to build a program after Eli/Cut were gone in his first 3 years as a HC. And wasn't picked at USC with a talent rich roster. LSU is the top dog in state program there, he is one of them and can easily recruit from that rich in state talent. You put him anywhere else and I don't think he has as much success.

Yaw yaw yaw, this is anonymous, right?

-Ed O.

Re: UAB

That "good" Texas A&M defense ranked #98 in the nation last year against the pass and Northern Illinois ranked #95. Both were excellent against the run but couldn't defend the pass if their lives depended on it.

Clark had 23 guys in his 2019 recruiting class. 16 signed and I think the jury is out on whether or not the other 7 get enrolled. There were I think 5 JUCO guys in the class. Connelly gives UAB a 7% chance of pulling the upset in Neyland. Last year UAB was #10 in returning production; this year they are dead last in FBS at #130. I think the preseason ESPN FPI projects us as a 24 point favorite at home against the Blazers. The same projection I think has us as a 5.7 point underdog in the swamp.

I recently went back and watched all the post game interviews from our games with Missouri and Vanderbilt last year. The big difference this year is if we have guys who don't want to play we have enough bodies now that we can put someone else on the field. Last year we just didn't have the bodies so we were stuck. While I understand the idea of our game with UAB being a trap game this year, I think we'll blow their 2019 team off the field when they visit Neyland. The Florida game may be closer but I'm figuring, owing to the loss of 7 of their top 8 offensive linemen and key playmakers at all three levels on defense, we will have a good shot to win that one as well. jmo.

UAB has a big challenge in 2019, but it’s overcome bigger
I like it! Well done.

Reactions: ChattaTNVol

Jeez. Too soon after the fiasco at Ole Miss. If we'd had O's recruiting and Dool's coaching, maybe? Probably not.

"Helluva," "one of them (Cajun)" Saying good things about Ed Orgeron...Your source is Orgeron himself.

Reactions: InstrumentalVol
The reality is the 'Wheel' was not going to be broken as easily as what the writers gave us. And Bran as king? The same Bran who not that long ago said "I can't be lord of Winterfell; I can't be lord of anything. I'm the 3-eyed Raven," the same Bran who said he lives in the past, suddenly can now be king of the Six Kingdoms? But speaking of the Six Kingdoms, does anyone really believe the lords, or ladies, of some of those former kingdoms, specifically the Iron Islands and Dorne, would not have insisted on the same independence as Bran gave Sansa and the North, essentially his first act of narcissism as king? We already saw Asha/Yara side with Grey Worm in wanting Jon punished for killing Dany, not to mention the Greyjoy's long-standing hatred of the Starks. I find it hard to believe that she would not have at least put up an argument for the autonomy of the Ironborn. Same with the new prince of Dorne; the writers didn't bother to tell us what house, but Dorne was the one kingdom that Aegon the Conqueror could not conquer, and the Targereyns were only later able to bring into the realm through marriage; and we had seen that tradition continue as late as Rhaegar Targareyn's marriage to Elia Martell. So any real loyalty Dorne had to the Iron Throne was to the Targareyns. Although there were more Martells in the books than in the tv show, for the sake of the show we will assume the Martell house was gone, but it would have been one of the other Dornish great houses (Daynes, Yronwoods) most likely to assume control of Dorne. Bran's control of the kingdoms was rather weak and vulnerable at that point, so I just find it hard to believe that the 2 kingdoms who had been the hardest for the iron Throne to control wouldn't seize what appears to be a golden opportunity for independence.

If we're going to start listing all the logical fallacies left open-ended by the show, we're going to need a bigger forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back