Not open for further replies.
These are our 2019 signees that had committed by 5/20 of last year:

Wanya Morris
Ramel Keyton
Jackson Lampley
Jackson Lowe
Darel Middleton
Sean Brown

I think one of the big differences between this year and last is that many big name recruits were holding off committing until late in the year, whereas several of our top targets for 2020 have already committed elsewhere. It's just a different mood.
Commits in may don't stop being recruited and are much more likely to flip than in the past. So it's not as bad as it seems.

Guys, gotta lot of catching up to do. Haven't been on much lately. Please keep me and my family in your thoughts and prayers. Lost my dad late last Thursday. He was a Korean War vet serving in the Air Force. After he retired, he got heavily involved in his ancestry, eventually discovering we were blood descendants of President James Buchanan and then tracing it all the way back to Scotland. He got to make 2 trips to Scotland eventually and was very proud of his work on his ancestry. I guess you could say he was ancestry.com way before it existed because most of his work were hand-written notes except for copies of documents he obtained over the years from various gov't agencies etc. I was able to secure a Scotsman in full attire to play Amazing Grace on the bagpipes during his memorial service and that moment along with the flag folding and presentation of the flag to my mom were 2 memories I will cherish and never forget. For those of you who still have your fathers, I hope and pray that you all cherish and honor them all you can for as long as you can.

These are our 2019 signees that had committed by 5/20 of last year:

Wanya Morris
Ramel Keyton
Jackson Lampley
Jackson Lowe
Darel Middleton
Sean Brown

I think one of the big differences between this year and last is that many big name recruits were holding off committing until late in the year, whereas several of our top targets for 2020 have already committed elsewhere. It's just a different mood.

You're missing 2 recruits. There were 8 committed

Guys, gotta lot of catching up to do. Haven't been on much lately. Please keep me and my family in your thoughts and prayers. Lost my dad late last Thursday. He was a Korean War vet serving in the Air Force. After he retired, he got heavily involved in his ancestry, eventually discovering we were blood descendants of President James Buchanan and then tracing it all the way back to Scotland. He got to make 2 trips to Scotland eventually and was very proud of his work on his ancestry. I guess you could say he was ancestry.com way before it existed because most of his work were hand-written notes except for copies of documents he obtained over the years from various gov't agencies etc. I was able to secure a Scotsman in full attire to play Amazing Grace on the bagpipes during his memorial service and that moment along with the flag folding and presentation of the flag to my mom were 2 memories I will cherish and never forget. For those of you who still have your fathers, I hope and pray that you all cherish and honor them all you can for as long as you can.
Sorry for your loss. Your dad was an amazing man! I'm glad his memorial service turned out so well.

Sorry for your loss. Lost my father 4 year ago yesterday and I miss and think about him daily.

Yeah it’s only May recruiting doesn’t matter

Recruiting rankings in May really don’t matter. It is like looking at the Top 25 in September. Honestly, recruiting rankings in February don’t really matter either. Re-rank them 4 years later and you might have something worth looking at. Clemson’s 4 classes before their first championship averaged around 12. They had one top 10 class of that bunch and it was ranked 9th. As long as we have consistent top 20 classes (which we will) and we coach them up and develop them (which we hope they can), then we will consistently win.

Absolutely and sounds like an amazing man. What a life journey.
My deepest condolences.

Buchanan never married and no illegitimate children were attributed to him. Your family descended from one of his siblings?

If Darrell Taylor can just become more consistent, I think he could go in the first 2 rounds of the draft..because the talent is definitely there. Same with Nigel Warrior.

Pruitt’s D seems to ask a lot of LB’s. I could see Bituli improving with another year in the system as well.

I gave a like to you and your post, I wished there was a better way to show solidarity, but know you understand. I am truly saddened to read this. 😞.

12 in the nation in recruiting is good for 3 or 4 losses in the SEC with our schedule. It's better to measure ourselves against the SEC. If the product on the field matches that recruiting ranking I agree, we'll be in position to make the next leap.

Tbf, no one in our league has a material recruiting advantage over us except UGA and Bama. Any other SEC squads that are near us are marginally ahead or behind (Auburn, A&M, LSU, UF, etc).

Reactions: volfanCLT
Tbf, no one in our league has a material recruiting advantage over us except UGA and Bama. Any other SEC squads that are near us are marginally ahead or behind (Auburn, A&M, LSU, UF, etc).
As long as they're playing good ball, 3 of those 4 have an instate advantage. (LSU UF A&M) Their kids seem to support instead of troll the home team. We're catching up but seems most of our new talent aren't TN loyalists but transplant offspring.

Haven't seen A&M but supposedly it's pretty impressive these days. But I'll defer to someone that knows though.

Know you said material but an advantage is an advantage.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back