Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this landline that you speak of? Is that a boat? Life jacket....I am not familiar with this terminology.

Part of the monopoly I live in...our telecommunications is handled by a terrible co-op that is about a decade or two behind in anything technology related.

They realized that selling JUST DSL was costing them a ton of money, so they force everyone to pay for a landline which is nearly straight profit since usage now is minimal

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
I got att fiber, pay $40 month for fast enough internet to stream 1080p no prob. Plus I have youtubetv for $40 a month so I pay $80 for tv/internet. So much more money for activities!
So $60 of the $220 is for the unlimited Internet. $44 for youtube TV. That is with Starz. So I pay $160 for the phones, which aint too bad....I think.

Reactions: bignewt
Part of the monopoly I live in...our telecommunications is handled by a terrible co-op that is about a decade or two behind in anything technology related.

They realized that selling JUST DSL was costing them a ton of money, so they force everyone to pay for a landline which is nearly straight profit since usage now is minimal
Wow...that sucks. They can do that? Who controls that sector, is that state or local. I think if enough people raised a stink they could force them to change or open up for other companies.

Wow...that sucks. They can do that? Who controls that sector, is that state or local. I think if enough people raised a stink they could force them to change or open up for other companies.

Technically it's wide open. There isn't anything that prevents AT&T or Comcast/Xfinity from coming right in...but the population in the county is too low/spread out for the big boys to come in and take over.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
So $60 of the $220 is for the unlimited Internet. $44 for youtube TV. That is with Starz. So I pay $160 for the phones, which aint too bad....I think.

Are you financing the phone or do you own them? Im paying about $85 a month for two verizon lines but we only are on the 2 GB a month plan because we are pretty much always on wifi and we our phones are paid off.
I tried google fi because its so cheap but the signal is straight garbage.

Are you financing the phone or do you own them? Im paying about $85 a month for two verizon lines but we only are on the 2 GB a month plan because we are pretty much always on wifi and we our phones are paid off.
I tried google fi because its so cheap but the signal is straight garbage.
Financing, but it was a BOGO deal. So they probably jacked the price up a little bit.
So I am only paying for 1 phone at $160....excuse me....I've got another case of the sads.

Reactions: chargervol
I got att fiber, pay $40 month for fast enough internet to stream 1080p no prob. Plus I have youtubetv for $40 a month so I pay $80 for tv/internet. So much more money for activities!
i do PSVue for $50. and we're already prime members, we do Netflix....and sometimes i'll go back and forth between HBONow or Hulu, depending on what shows are on that i'll watch.

i hope they never do the "contract" thing with these apps. i have no problem paying for one for a few months, and when i'm dond wiht whatever shows i wanted to watch,i just cancel and go back to my original monthly expense.

bottom line...i like that i get to choose.

Same here on both deals. Fiber gives me my 300 Mbps and Youtube TV gives me all that I want...sports....all for $80/month. Almost everyone I tell that to says "what!?" because they pay almost double at least.

Real talk, if you've got a cell phone and you want the best price on unlimited here's where you should be looking. Not shown is Cricket which is on AT&T, PagePlus which is on Verizon.
Most are considered "prepaid" which basically just means you buy the month in advance. Around $55 per line for unlimited is what they all are offering, no contracts.

1552675601394.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back