Recruiting Forum Football Talk LVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has probably been answered already, but he can go through the process without losing his eligibility. It is basically a no brained for him so that he will be better prepared for it next year.

Coach Barnes very much so encouraged Admiral to do this.

Also, how’s it going guys? Been a while since I’ve been on here.

Yeah that's why I said test the draft waters.

Vols win both of those games (UF and WVU). And as secking pointed out the other day, When Auburn plays UT it will be their 7th game in a row without a bye. UT will be coming off a bye week. That’s another W.

10-2.

My man Ron! Don’t ever change. You keep me pumped up! 12-0. Alabama struggles to move the ball. UGA isn’t scary at all! Shy gets his revenge!

I think I said the only advantage the 13 class had for sure was o line...and the defense was a push at best. Hardly revisionist history, and definitely not going to argue which was worse overall. Not really worth it in the end.

I do still think if this oline was better, the overall perception of this roster would be more favorable...

...and I was saying that the defense was not even close to a push. We have 4/5 star talent at basically every position on the team.

I enjoy your posts, so it's nothing personal. But the first year's under Dooley and Butch were the two worst rosters that I can remember. I am not old, but I have been paying attention for 30 years.

Agree. Doesn't really matter what he's doing right now. Good or bad. What will matter the most will be whether or not he can coach as the man in charge.

While wins and losses will play a part, I think the how we win and/or lose will be the biggest tell for future recruits and fans as well.

IMO, we need to win the games we are suppose to, win maybe one game we are not suppose to and have one or two of moral victory losses.

Hey Baldy, Can you give any information as to what is going on behind the scenes with the big boosters and the Haslam family? Does this focus bill end up getting that family back in power like everyone is worried about?

This has probably been answered already, but he can go through the process without losing his eligibility. It is basically a no brained for him so that he will be better prepared for it next year.

Coach Barnes very much so encouraged Admiral to do this.

Also, how’s it going guys? Been a while since I’ve been on here.

Slept in for a couple of months huh?

Reactions: 3 people
Hey Baldy, Can you give any information as to what is going on behind the scenes with the big boosters and the Haslam family? Does this focus bill end up getting that family back in power like everyone is worried about?

If it looks like sh!t and smells like sh!t. There isn't a probably to it. It's sh!t.

Focus Bill is a steaming pile.

Haven't spoke with too many people lately as I've backed off to take care of my own businesses. September thru December took a lot out of me and to be honest, kind of took the shine off of Tenn Football for me for a while.

Seems to me that the only ones that are happy about the bill are the Haslam's and their stooges though.

All I can really say about it right now. :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
If it looks like sh!t and smells like sh!t. There isn't a probably to it. It's sh!t.

Focus Bill is a steaming pile.

Haven't spoke with too many people lately as I've backed off to take care of my own businesses. September thru December took a lot out of me and to be honest, kind of took the shine off of Tenn Football for me for a while.

Seems to me that the only ones that are happy about the bill are the Haslam's and their stooges though.

All I can really say about it right now. :hi:

You think they'll leave Fulmer alone?

Tennessee held its sixth practice of the spring Saturday on a gorgeous afternoon in Knoxville. The media was only allowed about 10 minutes of viewing, but here were the VolQuest.com observations...

* Let’s start with the quarterbacks, where Jarrett Guarantano had his sharpest session of routes on air I’ve seen this spring. The rising redshirt sophomore was on the money with both long and intermediate throws.

Marquez Callaway dropped a perfectly thrown nine route, but otherwise, none of Guarantano’s passes hit the ground when I was watching. David Johnson and Tyson Helton were complimentary of Alontae Taylor, Brandon Johnson and Latrell Williams during the route-tree. Helton did make Williams re-do a route a rep, simulating exactly what he wanted from a specific arrow route inside.

* Kevin Sherrer was not pleased with his inside linebackers Saturday. Solon Page, Will Ignont and Shanon Reid all drew Sherrer’s ire in various manors. Similarly, Chris Rumph remained all over Jordan Allen, who had to do up-downs, and Ryan Thaxton, forced to do pushups. Rumph was pleased with Darrell Taylor and Austin Smith, saying at one point during strike drills, “Good! Don’t be nice.”

* The tight ends were once again not involved in the routes on air period, but Brian Niedermeyer was throwing passes to his unit during one drill.

* The OL was working on install with combo-blocks in the run game. Like Walt Wells, Will Friend is ALL OVER that group. Ryan Johnson saw a bit of work at LG today, too, working tandem blocks with Drew Richmond at LT.

* As reported this morning, there were a TON of recruits on campus today. I saw 5-star ATH Arik Gilbert, 4-star WR Porter Rooks, 4-star QB Harrison Bailey, RB Kimini Vidal (teammates with Bailey and Gilbert, has LSU/South Carolina offers), 2019 DB Martin Emerson, 2019 DB Aaron Beasley, 2019 LB Trezman Marshall and 4-star OL Justin Rodgers, a Michigan native whose offers include Ohio State, FSU, Alabama and UM.

* Tennessee’s disabled list names remained the same: Todd Kelly Jr., Jauan Jennings, Darrin Kirkland, DJ Henderson and Trey Smith. Tight end Austin Pope, who made a couple one-handed catches at practice Thursday, was working with Fitzgerald on the side before practice with a heavy wrap on his left hand.

* Special visitors at Saturday’s practice included Johnny Majors, Alvin Kamara and Jason Croom

- Simonton

Reactions: 11 people
You think they'll leave Fulmer alone?

My personal feeling?

They almost have to, for a while at least. In only a few short months ...with several months to go before the first game ball is snapped...people are getting the feeling that Tennessee Football is actually inching it's way back to where it's suppose to be. That's because of Phil.

Unless he does something stupid and gives them a reason, they almost have to leave him alone IMO. The mattress burning would be real and it would be massive if you remove the man that looks to be getting TN heading in the right direction for the first time in 10 years.

Of course we are talking about the Haslam's.

My personal feeling?

They almost have to, for a while at least. In only a few short months ...with several months to go before the first game ball is snapped...people are getting the feeling that Tennessee Football is actually inching it's way back to where it's suppose to be. That's because of Phil.

Unless he does something stupid and gives them a reason, they almost have to leave him alone IMO. The mattress burning would be real and it would be massive if you remove the man that looks to be getting TN heading in the right direction for the first time in 10 years.

Of course we are talking about the Haslam's.

I'll be cool as long as they let Phil lead this AD, most importantly football, back to prominence. Looks like we got it headed in the right direction, but if they blow it up simply to because they want to be running the AD, I hope all hell breaks loose.

I'll be cool as long as they let Phil lead this AD, most importantly football, back to prominence. Looks like we got it headed in the right direction, but if they blow it up simply to because they want to be running the AD, I hope all hell breaks loose.

Everybody knows about Vol fans now. They know we'll blow it up and we won't care what people think about us for doing it.

Bahama John was correct about TN fans being wackos...if by that he meant passionate. We know what TN Football is suppose to look like. Don't hand us sh!t and tell us it's Shine Ola.

Reactions: 5 people
Glad to hear Kamara is on campus during a big recruiting weekend.

And a random question: Last spring game a walk on rb got hurt - Taelor Dowdy (I think was his name). Any word on how he recovered and if he's still trying to play? It looked like a bad knee injury at the time.

Reactions: 2 people
All that goofy stuff is fine when it’s imolemented by a coach who knows Xs and Os and can produce results.

When it’s from someone who loses should win games and makes excuses, it’s grating.

So not the STRIPES themselves? Because they get the brunt of the ire with no qualifiers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back