Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
shout out the Vols that made the Freaks list. Impressive.

I'd love to have a guy like this:
1. Mazi Smith, Michigan, defensive tackle
His former teammate, Aidan Hutchinson, almost was our top guy in 2021, but this year a Wolverine is the No. 1 Freak in college football. The 6-foot-3, 337-pound senior has rare power and agility. So rare, in fact, it’s hard to find the right superlative to begin with. But let’s start with this: Smith does 22 reps on the bench press, but that’s with 325 (not 225). He close-grip benched 550 pounds. He vertical-jumps 44 inches. He broad-jumped 9-4 1/2. Smith, who had 37 tackles last season, has clocked a 4.41 shuttle time, which would’ve tied the best by any defensive tackle at this year’s NFL Scouting Combine, and it would’ve been better than any defensive tackle weighing 310 pounds or more in the past decade. His 6.95 3-cone time would’ve been by far the fastest among defensive tackles in Indianapolis. The fastest was 7.33. Smith’s 60-yard shuttle time is 11.90.

Last edited:
You have tons and I heard them all (from all of you). <3 Look, neither of us is ready to throw in the towel. We've had too many ups and downs to think otherwise. Just this evening he woke up not even knowing where he was and it scared the hell out of me then he went to sleep again and is back to being ok (still a bit fuzzy headed but ok).

The nurse called this evening after speaking with the doc and she's calling in some sort of super water pill tomorrow (an add on that is supposed to be taken before his regular lasix that he's supposed to be on for 10 days.) It should help with his ascites but every condition he has including the CHF he had ages ago but has found its way back, works against him in fluid retention but I've seen him here before. I've even seen him in worse condition. I don't want to downplay it too much but he's come back from the brink so many times I half wonder if he's the Prometheus character from the tv show Supernatural who dies and resurrects constantly. :D

It's just really hard dealing with the constant ups and downs but y'all have been a huge support and I want you to know that I appreciate every single one of you. I know it probably gets old at times and maybe I lean on you too much but y'all mean the world to me.

If I have any say on things we will be fighting the good fight for decades yet. :)
You know that we are praying always.

There was an AAU tournament or something like that, maybe a different organization and I think it was like the 15-16 year old championship and they did that same move over and over. I think one team was from Arizona and the other was from maybe Michigan, but both teams were doing it. Absolutely loved it.

Wait...so Jaylen Wright also clocked over 23 mph in practice?

Man I wish I could see the top speeds for the entire team, that's fast.

For reference the fastest human alive (Usain Bolt) clocked about 27.5 mph during his record breaking sprint. He reached that top speed 67 meters into the sprint though.

For reference the fastest human alive (Usain Bolt) clocked about 27.5 mph during his record breaking sprint. He reached that top speed 67 meters into the sprint though.
23.6 is also the speed that Squirrel mentioned.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Coaches Poll: Five biggest snubs in college football's ranking

From article:

"Tennessee
Josh Heupel’s second season success will likely begin and end with quarterback Hendon Hooker, who threw for 2,945 yards with 31 touchdowns and only three interceptions in 2021. Hooker and his top target, Cedric Tillman (64 catches, 12 TDs) will give opponents fits all season.
While the offense has the ability to score with anyone in the nation, stopping anyone was an issue as their defense was on the field for more plays than any other team in the SEC and gave up nearly 30 points a game.
When the defense didn’t get to the quarterback on a consistent basis, it spelled trouble giving up an absurd 97 plays that went for 20 yards or more. The first six weeks are key as they play at Pittsburgh and have Florida, LSU and Alabama before the middle of October. Getting off to a fast start is key and if they don’t, the usual pessimistic rumbling from the Tennessee faithful could lead to another disappointing season."

I think they read volnation. :D

Some people just identify problems. They ain't got time for no solutions.

just because I can.

be a solutions provider/problem solver.

lift yourself up from just finding faults and short comings - Be a Champion of solutions to improve the situation!

now go about your day with confidence and a smile on your face - consider possessing an attitude of gratitude!

Wonder what the clock speed of the fasted dead human would be.

Reactions: Leeleesteeth
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back