Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly! Thank you!!! Clearly hacks on this board can’t understand FACTS.
If you're looking for people to try and tear down the program with you, try the FF. They're into that stuff there. They probably love them some Basilio.

Personally, I'm gonna trust the coaches.

Missed out on the top Tennessee linemen. That's not a good report for the '23 recruits. 3 Tennessee 4* linemen going to SEC opponents Ark, Miss, Miss. State.
Just because they’re 4* doesn’t mean we wanted them all. The coaches don’t recruit guys because they have stars bu their name

If recruiting doesn’t pick up for offensive linemen, it won’t matter who the running backs are! According to this, evaluation and getting guys on board appear to be a big problem for OL. This needs to change ASAP for stability and success in 2-4 years! It must be a high priority!

The Tony Basilio Show
The thing we all need to try and understand is this system has to have a certain type OL. The big boys' coming in no matter how they are rated will have a tough time playing any real time. They have got to be in basketball shape and few OL I have ever seen are in that type of shape plus they have got to be fast and quick or they wouldn't help anyway. A certain type of linemen is what they want and they are looking for those not just a person that can block but one that can sprint, block repeat.....a lot.

Tennessee only wanted Brycen Sanders from that list….. we also have two other players signed from the state that may play offensive line as well…. We will be fine…. No reason to worry yet.

Missed out on the top Tennessee linemen. That's not a good report for the '23 recruits. 3 Tennessee 4* linemen going to SEC opponents Ark, Miss, Miss. State.

I don’t think we really recruited 2 of them. Also, look at the schools they went to. If they had gone to higher level schools, then I would guess we missed out on them and wanted them. I understand Pittman got one, but the other two schools are not recruiting juggernauts. OL is the toughest position to rank for the services.

Tennessee only wanted Brycen Sanders from that list….. we also have two other players signed from the state that may play offensive line as well…. We will be fine…. No reason to worry yet.
would be interrsting to see our closing % over last say, 5 years.

These are fuzzy facts though. Just because a recruiting service has a guy ranked a certain way doesn’t mean our staff does too. Pretty sure it’s been stated that our staff loves Bussell ahead of all of them.

I could care less about in state players…that is probably the most overhyped stat…most make their name on playing inferior competition. All that being said no way of denying Ellarbee missed on Francis, Simmons and Ramil…Sanders too.

Reactions: jakez4ut
would be interrsting to see our closing % over last say, 5 years.
I’m more interested in our % of nailing our evaluations…. We signed four lineman last year…. 3 of them not highly rated…. If they become productive lineman than we won’t have to worry about lineman recruiting… Pruitt seemed to close late really well but the overwhelming majority of those guys were busts.

I could care less about in state players…that is probably the most overhyped stat…most make their name on playing inferior competition. All that being said no way of denying Ellarbee missed on Francis, Simmons and Ramil…Sanders too.
I agree with that…. I don’t care who we miss on though…. I worry about who we get.

There a many of the top recruits in the state that aren't from here. Tennessee has become a destination and you have people moving here from EVERYWHERE and many if not all of those "New Tennesseans" have very little if any ties to the VOLS. This is not an excuse for missing out on in state players but a mere fact of what they are facing with some of the "in state" recruits.

Yes and that’s four players for a unit we desperately need much better depth and some people around here understand it takes linemen the longest time to develop!

Is anyone else surprised that Dylan Sampson has seemingly moved ahead of JWT on the depth chart already?

No. Sampson is a unique talent that fits the O perfectly. Models his game on AK. More speed, less gymnastic moves than AK. Working on the later.

JWT will figure it out quickly. We need both - two highly talented RBs with different styles and characteristics.

I’m more interested in our % of nailing our evaluations…. We signed four lineman last year…. 3 of them not highly rated…. If they become productive lineman than we won’t have to worry about lineman recruiting… Pruitt seemed to close late really well but the overwhelming majority of those guys were busts.
oh. i dont care either, just saying I wager even when we were illegally paying players with greasy cash from $1 menu, our closing rate was near or about the same, maybe worse.

The people freaking out about this season need to chill. This staff knows what and who they want and how to get the type of player they desire. They wont settle for low character.

If recruiting doesn’t pick up for offensive linemen, it won’t matter who the running backs are! According to this, evaluation and getting guys on board appear to be a big problem for OL. This needs to change ASAP for stability and success in 2-4 years! It must be a high priority!

The Tony Basilio Show
i think it's waaaay too early to even have the ability to pass judgement on OL brought in last year as tr fr. which almost certainly means is waaaaaay too early to pass judgment on prospects that have yet to sign here, much less take a snap.

and then there's the fact your source is TB.

put those two together, and it should equate to a big fat
200w.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back